2011 Ram 1500 Regular Cab

Based on 305 Ratings for the 2011 - 2017 models.

EcoDiesel makes this truck a steal!!!

By on Monday, July 14, 2014

Pros: "Looks great, fuel mileage, interior comfort & ride"

Cons: "NONE"

"I have this truck for 1 month with 2600 miles and it has lived up to the reviews and hype! The truck is very reliable with the radio and electronics. The diesel engine has returned excellent mpg ratings - 27-31 on the highway and around 22-24 in town. Keep it around 67 to 69 mph and you can achieve 30 mph, if you keep it around 74-75, then you are around 26-27 mph. Really awesome fuel mileage. The hands-free phone interface works very well and will allow you to call with short sentences like "Call John Smith Mobile". The heated/cooled seats works very efficiently. Interior noise is kept to minimum. Only items to add to this Laramie package in the future would be surround cameras and radar-controlled cruise control."

2011 outdoorsman 4wd quad cab hemi

By on Wednesday, September 3, 2014

Pros: "Quiet interior - no road noise -beautiful interior"

Cons: "Friends always want me to drive!"

"I bought this truck used in July 2014 - 2 months later and it's still a thrill to get into and drive. Love the power of the hemi. Tows like a dream and hauls my stuff without issue. Rides like a luxury auto. This truck is loaded which made me hesitant to buy it. Could only imagine the repair bills down the road, but I'll take my chances - it is so fun to drive! Didn't rate the reliably since I haven't had it long enough but it has a beautiful sound when it fires up and idles so smooth. The suspension is tight and it handles better than my car. Love,love,love my Ram! It is one sexy beast!"

The Best Truck

By on Wednesday, December 21, 2016

Pros: "Fuel Economy, price, comfort, ride like air"

Cons: "Won't fit in my garage, Goodyear Wrangler Tires"

Vader

"I have a 2012 Ram Crew Cab HEMI 4X4 with 113000 miles on it, no issues, completely custom. Only thing needed is regular maintenance. Only thing I don't like are the factory Good Year brand tires. I put a brand of Coopers on mine. I'd buy another as well. Very great on Gas and I burn premium with many mods like the Exhaust & Cold Air Intake."

Vader

Best gas mileage and great towing

By on Thursday, January 12, 2017

Pros: "power, mpg, ride, interior features"

Cons: "Styling"

"I have owned my truck for 2 1/2 years. The gas milage will average 20mph city and hwy combined. On the interstate at 70mph my truck will average 24mpg. Which better than I expected from the 5.7 hemi. I pull a 4000lb boat a lot and the mileage is about 15mpg. While towing the boat I sometimes forget it back there because there very little difference in handling. Performance, this is the fastest most powerful truck or car I have ever owned. I try to avoid fast starts or aggressive driving but the power is there if needed. The truck is comfortable and has a lot of nice features. The only negative for me is the looks. I prefer the looks of the Tundra or F150 but all and all I would buy again."

2014 Ram 1500 Regular Cab V6 2WD

By on Thursday, March 3, 2016

Pros: "Great value, above average gas mileage, quiet ride"

Cons: "Seats need more support"

"I've had this truck for two years now and would recommend it as a alternative to the other popular trucks/brands on the road. First its a great value, several thousand $$ below the competition. The ride is terrific, smooth and quiet. Power delivery is above average for the V6 and fuel consumption is easily 27mpg. The U-Connect interface is simple, easy to use and understand. The instrument cluster and switches are well laid out and the big knobs for the environmental controls work great. There is plenty of storage space behind the seat, more than you would expect for a regular cab. The cargo bed has a remote locking tailgate. The only negative thing I can mention is the seat comfort. The lower cushion could use more support and the back cushion needs additional lumbar support. The only reason that I did not rate this truck a 10 is that there is always room for improvement, no matter how small or minor it may seem."

Worth Every Penny

By on Thursday, September 1, 2016

Pros: "Quiet, comfortable, good fuel milage"

Cons: "Sits way to high for a 2WD truck"

"I purchased my RAM 1500 Eco Diesel new last November. I wanted one with the front bench seat and it was hard to find, most come with the overly huge center console. The diesel is very quiet, you only really hear it at start up after which it quiets down. Although it could use a bit more power. Several friends have mentioned they don't believe it's a diesel!! After just over 12,000 miles I have yet to have any real problems other than a defective left front fender the dealer won't fix. Fuel mileage as of now is averaging 25mpg, not bad for a 6,00lb truck!! This is a very comfortable truck to drive, handles well, stops well and looks good too! Only Con I can find is it sits too high, actually sits higher than my old GMC 4WD truck!!"

Love the truck, no problems except tires wear fast

By on Wednesday, September 11, 2013

Pros: "Powerful, fast, fun to drive, HighWay 20-22 mpg"

Cons: "Gas milage around town about 16-18 mpg"

"Great truck for the money. Ford and Chevy were much more though I love Ford trucks, just couldn't afford one. Road handling is excellent for a truck. Coil springs in rear give a great ride and have no problem towing up to 6000lbs trailer. Powerful with great acceleration. Great for winter driving in snow and ice. Off road good, wish I had a limited slip differential. Tire wear and gas millage are my only complaints so far. I get 16-18 mpg around town and I can get 20-22 mpg on the highway if I use the speed control and set it to 60mph. If you get a ram, be sure to get the Limited Slip Differential which I regret not getting. Miss it. Chrysler very slow with recall N08/NHTSA 13V-038 which reports the axle pinion nut may not have been secured with an adhesive patch, thus causing the rear axil to seize and cause a crash. Been waiting several months for the repair. Dealer say's, "it's coming". In the mean time, hope no one gets hurt or worse. Still love the truck, would recommend it, so far!!"

Handles/rides well. MPG's- poor local, good hwy.

By on Saturday, August 6, 2011

Pros: "Good highway mpg's, excellent interior storage."

Cons: "Poor local mpg's. Too many initial problems and recalls."

"I have owned 4 new trucks since 2001, 3 GM's and now this 2011 Ram SLT Bighorn. All have been V8, 4X4 extended cab models. The Ram has a smoother ride, a more comfortable and useful interior and handles better then those GM's. Performance-wise the Ram is not that much quicker and it gets worse mpgs and the 3 GM's I owned did not have cylinder deactivation (had an '01 w/4.8, '03 w/5.3 and '06 w/5.3 H.O.). I averaged 18.2 mpg w/all 3 GM's and 17.1 mpg with this Ram driving the same way (easy on the throttle), same roads and all 4 trucks have had similar rear gear ratio's. That might seem close but with gas pushing $4/gallon every little bit helps. The Ram has had 1 recall (rear axle) and 4 rapid responses in my 7 months of ownership. I had 1 recall (tailgate strap) in 10 years of driving the 3 GM's, so the GM's have been more reliable. I am hoping to see an end to the recalls and rapid responses and would also like to see local mpg's increase as the truck breaks in. I also notice that the 5.7's power wheelhouse is at too high an rpm, by the time the engine really starts to pull I am already at the speed limit. If I was at the track and launching at 2800 rpm this wouldn't be a concern but when I am merging onto a highway I want the power then and there, not when I am already at 65mph. As you can probably tell from the above text I am not a kid and am a function over form type of guy. I see a lot of reviews that talk about having a "Hemi" and how cool it is and rate the vehicle high for that reason alone. Not me, any truck must do all the things a truck is meant for and be reliable and that is what I based my ratings on."

Love my new truck

By on Wednesday, August 27, 2014

Pros: "ecodiesel power & mpg, air suspension, rambox"

Cons: "cheap antenna, not enough xm presets"

"This is my first Truck and first diesel. It's a blast to drive, quicker than I expected with a weight of almost 6,000 lbs. Pulls our 22' travel trailer like it's not even there. We hae only had it for about a month, and so far we are getting about 22 mpg overall. 1 short trip pulling the trailer and we got 16 mpg towing. With the back-up camera, I can get hitched up with no assistance. 4 corner air suspension gives a really smooth ride too."

Kick myself for not going Dodge years ago

By on Friday, October 5, 2012

Pros: "fun to drive"

Cons: "No complaints here!!!!!!!!"

"Bought this truck six months ago and litteraly fell in love with. Smooth comfortable ride. Full of power. The Four wheel drive shifts into gear smoothly. Very safe and reliable especially when I transport precious cargo (my daughter) to and from work everyday. Was blown away from the extraordinary amount of room the truck has in it. Compared to chevy and ford, Ram takes the cake for comfort and power. This is a very well built truck, dodge did their homework when they designed it.Will gladly purchase another one when need be.Way to go DODGE!!!!!!"

Best truck on the market, Owned for 9 months

By on Wednesday, March 6, 2013

Pros: "Looks, Power, Interior"

"My wife and I were looking for a truck so we test drove nearly every brand on the market (F150, Tundra, Avalanche, Silverado, Titan, and the RAM) The Ram is so much more comfortable than any other truck with the all around coil springs. Also, the interior space is only beaten by the F150 (by about 3 inches) but the quality is far superior than the F150. I have the 5.7 hemi, and on my last trip from Dallas to Ft. Sill (~175 miles) my overall MPG average was 23.1 averaging 65 mph. I get compliments all the time on how well it looks as well as how roomy the interior is. This truck will also out accelerate about everything else on the road so passing on the freeway is NO problem. The only 'issue' is the back seating, the middle of the floor is raised to accomidate the transmission, unlike the flat floor in the F150. I recommend this truck to all of my friends and co-workers whenever they tell me they are looking for a new truck. Coming from a person who did the test driving and homework, this is the best truck on the market by far!!!"

A Complete Surprise!

By on Friday, May 23, 2014

Pros: "Heated/Ventilated Seats, Sound System, Exhaust.."

Cons: "It sits high up.. But it's a truck!! its expected!"

"I have the 2014 Ram 1500 Laramie, Let me just say I didn't expect a very luxurious interior! Heated Seats and a heat wheel! Ventilated Seats.. The Exterior is well designed and the power of the 5.7 L Hemi is outstanding! The only thing I can't speak of is Reliability I baby this truck so it should be good! Overall this truck is awesome! Definitely check it out in person."

Great truck

By on Sunday, January 10, 2016

Pros: "Smooth ride, great performance for a V6, just fun"

Cons: "MPG not impressive"

"I have the Ram 1500 Quad Cab, 4x4, Black Express Package, 3.6L Pentastar, 8-speed torquefleet transmission. The only extras I put on the truck was the Black Express Package, CD player, and spray in bed liner. The performance of the truck is great, considering the truck is a V6, it has much more power. It drives like a V8 of just a few years ago. I'm not too impressed with the real world gas mileage. I get about 18 MPG city when the weather is sound. If it's really cold out, I'm getting about 15-16 MPG. But you can't complain about 23 MPG highway. It's an extremely smooth drive, so it's a comfortable truck for the family. I have only used the 4x4 on a few occasions, but I think the 4x4 is solid. What I've noticed is how the truck steering is automatically impacted, it feels a little rough when turning with 4x4 on. I have not towed with this truck yet. I ordered the 3.55 real axles, but when the truck came in, they came with 3.21 axels. Supposedly RAM stopped offering the 3.55 on the 1500 with the V6. I'm not sure if people were towing too much and it was causing too many problems or what. From what I've read you can comfortably tow a 4,000 lb load with the V6. I don't have any need to tow, so this is a great truck for an everyday kind of guy. Of course it's nice to be able to load up the 6'4" bed when I have something I want to move. I believe this truck should sell about $2,000 less than what dealers put it out for. I should have went with a Ram 2500 with the 6.4L V8, considering it's only a few thousand dollars more."

great truck with some engineering flaws

By on Sunday, May 25, 2014

Pros: "great to ride and drive"

Cons: "difficult to get in and use as a "truck""

"Great truck, drives and rides great, good fuel mileage for a truck. Same problem as most new trucks, sits entirely to high off the ground. Im a fairly tall guy (6'3") and have no trouble getting in and out… the problem is that the seat will be totally worn out before the truck has 40,000 miles on it from having to slide in and out! Newer trucks are so high from the ground older people can't even get in them easily and won't buy them due to that fact. I am also a contractor and the bed being so high is a huge issue for me. Its difficult to load/ unload and almost impossible to reach over the side to retrieve anything, then I end up having to drop the tailgate and crawl into the bed to get anything that is at the front of the bed. For this reason, I am selling my Ram and will replace it with an older body style that isn't so high off the ground. My previous F-350 Super Duty did not set as high as this 1500."

Hemi Power, Decent Mileage, Excellent Versatility

By on Wednesday, October 16, 2013

Pros: "Roomy, on and off road comfort and capability"

Cons: "Lower level models lack creature comforts"

"I have the Express model, 4x4 Hemi. The Express isn't 'Top of the Line" but it looks great with it's monochromatic style and 20" chrome rims. Mine is Flame red. I'm able to consistently get 15.8-16.0 mpg in town, and over 23 on long stretches of interstate driving. Very roomy, great in cab storage. I found used Tundra's with 50000 miles for more than this brand new truck. I shopped Ford and comparably equipped (well they don't have a gas V8 to compare to the Hemi) and they were thousands more. Very happy with this truck."

Best vehicle I've ever owned.

By on Monday, January 18, 2016

Pros: "Everything"

Cons: "Cup holders and cd player locations not the best."

"Had it for 3yrs, never a problem. A few recalls, fixed in one visit. Beautiful, fast, comfortable, reliable. More powerful and beefier suspension than GM."

No Comparision

By on Sunday, March 27, 2011

"I have owned the Ford F-150 Crew Cab, The New Style Toyota Tundra with its 5.7 engine and Now the 2011 Dodge Ram Crew 4x4. While they all have been good vehicles, the RAM stands alone with its entire package. All interior features and options are laid out perfectly for comfort and styling. We have 3 children ages 10 to 16 and they have plenty of room all around with our full Crew Cab. (The quad was just a little small for us, that is why we opted for the bigger cab package.) The exterior is just sleek and bold. With some very nice Colors. Personally we have the Hunter Green Metallic. The ride and handling is 2nd to none. No wind or road noise what so ever. No roll in the turns as well as the turning radius is tight for the size of the truck, and even the speed bumps don't cause any major bounce. And finally the 5.7 HEMI... What can I say. Strong and silent. Pulls through all ranges and when you put your foot into it, it gets up and goes... as well as I have been averaging 17 around town and low 20's on the Highway. This is the first Dodge vehicle I have ever owned and as with all the reviews I have read, DODGE has their stuff together with this one. I would Highly recommend this Truck to anyone in the market for a full size Truck."

Great Truck and best value for the price

By on Monday, March 13, 2017

Pros: "great looks, great value, good quality, powerful"

Cons: "Radio, rear springs should be progressive."

"this truck is the best vehicle I ever owned. And I owned a few. I compared Chevy, Ford and RAM- Chevy- the 5.3L engine was the deal breaker- too weak - even compared to the Ford 5.0 (I would never consider a turbo v6 in a truck). the second issue with chevy is- they cost way too much without justifying the higher price- not from design and not for quality. the Ford- well- it feels like you sit in a box and drive on a piece of wood. some might like it rough- I dont. And if you go away from the deeply discounted v6 lawnmower engines, you will find yourself in the price range of a chevy. The RAM- great design, smooth ride and the most powerful engine of all three. I pull a 35 7500# camper and I sometimes forget it back there, because by normal accelerating from a stop- you dont even feel it back there. The gas mileage- absolute great- 70mph I average 23mpg. the functionality and the quality is great and RAM is the best value for the price. Chevy and Ford are not bad either- but similar equipped- 4x4 and V8- way more expensive. The 4x4 also comes with 4wd auto, which just engages, when needed- very helpful on camp grounds with lots of gravel. But there are 2 things I had to learn to live with: The radio is not quiet, when on low. I learned its that way. other than that- great- good sound, Bluetooth works great, clear and good sound on phone calls. the rear springs are too soft, when a trailer is hooked up- I have the tow package and I would at least wish- RAM would give the truck at least progressive springs in the rear, when equipped with the tow package, to keep it from squatting. Other than that- 100%. I would recommend this truck without hesitation."

QUALITY AND COMFORT

By on Saturday, January 7, 2017

"This is a very nice truck with most options. It was a better value than Ford or Chevy. Performance is amazing and the looks are just as good."

One great vehicle

By on Tuesday, February 25, 2014

Pros: "Great value,very comfortable ride,fantastic power,"

"I had a 2012 Chevy Silverado that I had purchased new.It had leather bucket seats,4x4,extended cab,5.3> I was really never impressed with the performance of this vehicle,so I bought a really nice stainless steel cat back system that had dual side exit pipes,stainless stell header,a throttle body spacer,a PCM programmer to help the performance.The after market goodies helped but I still wasn't satisfied.I bought that truck 8-15-2013.I really liked the way the new 2014 Silverados looked when they came out.I went and test drove one but the dealership and I couldn't come together on terms.I started looking around at other 2014 trucks.I likedd the Toyota Tundra,the Ford was ok,I wasn't impressed the Nissan Titan.Checking out the adds on the internet one Sunday morning I saw the add for my present Ram sport crew cab.Went to the dealership on a Sunday thinking that they would be closed but much to my suprise they were open.Needless to say I traded a 2000 Mercedes S-430 with 87000 miles and a 2012 Chevy Silverado LT with 20000 miles in on my new Ram Sport Crew....I love this truck,interior is nice,Hemi has great power,outside is beautiful,stying is great,and the bottom line is the value....Everyone that rides or drives my truck love it.No problems so far and the recent ice storms here were no problem to me as my Ram is 4x4...I bought this truck 12-1-2013 so I've had 3 months to rate my truck."

My 2nd RAM - GREAT Truck

By on Tuesday, July 3, 2012

Pros: "Everything - GREAT TRUCK"

Cons: "Oil Change Interval"

"This is my 2nd RAM and the improvements make this the best vehicle I've ever owned. The drive is great, the sound from the sterio rivals my BOSE system in the house. Comfortable to drive, powerful to haul. I had a 2007 RAM and it performed flawlessly. It never needed a repair of any kind, just changed the oil. My only complaint is the engine has a 7 qt sump and is still only rated for 3000 miles between oil changes. RAM needs to work on extending the oil change interval (7500 should be the target)."

TD'S review

By on Tuesday, January 6, 2015

Pros: "great power , smooth, rides like adream"

Cons: "N/A"

"I am proud to offer my opinion on this vehicle ! THE HEMI IS 1 IN in ALL THE BEST powerplant that this Truck has to offer this great handling , along with the best ride I had ever had. The traction control with 4wheel dr."

By far, the best 1/2 ton truck I have ever owned

By on Monday, October 24, 2016

Pros: "fuel efficient, styling fantastic, very comfy"

Cons: "diesel is pricey, but worth every penny"

"I have owned a bunch of trucks from all the manufacturers over the years. I use to be a big Chevy guy, but the new Chevys and GMC just look cheap on the inside.....so I looked at the RAM, and in particular loved the diesel option in the 1/2 ton. I have put 25K miles on it pulling a travel trailer and this thing is pure pleasure! It pulls the trailer at 75 mph all day long and delivers 16MPG even with the trailer attached (about 7K pounds of load). Unloaded, I consistently can achieve over 20 mpg with this truck. And that's a 4wd truck to boot! No problems or issues with it. Interior is top notch compared to the competitors. I am in the auto buying business so I get to drive a LOT of stuff, particularly pickups, and this one is at the top of my recommendations."

i own it and love it

By on Monday, January 16, 2017

Pros: "great priced truck and very fun to drive"

Cons: "you can only mute the radio"

"I have had this truck for a month we do a lot of traveling and really enjoy this truck its great on gas better than what they list and its like driving a car. It has plenty of power and reacts quickly when you need it to"

Happy with purchase

By on Monday, March 17, 2014

Pros: "styling, great looks (flame red) great price"

Cons: "none yet only had truck 4.5 months"

"Purchased Larmie November 2013. Made one 400 mile trip avg 21 mpg. I was impressed, with ride and handeling. City driving 14.2, most driving is city,4 miles per day. Glad I have 4 wheel drive needed it this winter in the north east. Need wheel to wheel run boards to get in cab (makes life easier)"

Find Deals Near You vehicles for sale matching Ram 1500 Regular Cab near Honolulu. See local deals