2011 Ram 1500 Regular Cab

Based on 302 Ratings for the 2011 - 2017 models.

EcoDiesel makes this truck a steal!!!

By on Monday, July 14, 2014

Pros: "Looks great, fuel mileage, interior comfort & ride"

Cons: "NONE"

"I have this truck for 1 month with 2600 miles and it has lived up to the reviews and hype! The truck is very reliable with the radio and electronics. The diesel engine has returned excellent mpg ratings - 27-31 on the highway and around 22-24 in town. Keep it around 67 to 69 mph and you can achieve 30 mph, if you keep it around 74-75, then you are around 26-27 mph. Really awesome fuel mileage. The hands-free phone interface works very well and will allow you to call with short sentences like "Call John Smith Mobile". The heated/cooled seats works very efficiently. Interior noise is kept to minimum. Only items to add to this Laramie package in the future would be surround cameras and radar-controlled cruise control."

2011 outdoorsman 4wd quad cab hemi

By on Wednesday, September 3, 2014

Pros: "Quiet interior - no road noise -beautiful interior"

Cons: "Friends always want me to drive!"

"I bought this truck used in July 2014 - 2 months later and it's still a thrill to get into and drive. Love the power of the hemi. Tows like a dream and hauls my stuff without issue. Rides like a luxury auto. This truck is loaded which made me hesitant to buy it. Could only imagine the repair bills down the road, but I'll take my chances - it is so fun to drive! Didn't rate the reliably since I haven't had it long enough but it has a beautiful sound when it fires up and idles so smooth. The suspension is tight and it handles better than my car. Love,love,love my Ram! It is one sexy beast!"

Best gas mileage and great towing

By on Thursday, January 12, 2017

Pros: "power, mpg, ride, interior features"

Cons: "Styling"

"I have owned my truck for 2 1/2 years. The gas milage will average 20mph city and hwy combined. On the interstate at 70mph my truck will average 24mpg. Which better than I expected from the 5.7 hemi. I pull a 4000lb boat a lot and the mileage is about 15mpg. While towing the boat I sometimes forget it back there because there very little difference in handling. Performance, this is the fastest most powerful truck or car I have ever owned. I try to avoid fast starts or aggressive driving but the power is there if needed. The truck is comfortable and has a lot of nice features. The only negative for me is the looks. I prefer the looks of the Tundra or F150 but all and all I would buy again."

The Best Truck

By on Wednesday, December 21, 2016

Pros: "Fuel Economy, price, comfort, ride like air"

Cons: "Won't fit in my garage, Goodyear Wrangler Tires"

Vader

"I have a 2012 Ram Crew Cab HEMI 4X4 with 113000 miles on it, no issues, completely custom. Only thing needed is regular maintenance. Only thing I don't like are the factory Good Year brand tires. I put a brand of Coopers on mine. I'd buy another as well. Very great on Gas and I burn premium with many mods like the Exhaust & Cold Air Intake."

Vader

QUALITY AND COMFORT

By on Saturday, January 7, 2017

"This is a very nice truck with most options. It was a better value than Ford or Chevy. Performance is amazing and the looks are just as good."

2014 Ram 1500 Regular Cab V6 2WD

By on Thursday, March 3, 2016

Pros: "Great value, above average gas mileage, quiet ride"

Cons: "Seats need more support"

"I've had this truck for two years now and would recommend it as a alternative to the other popular trucks/brands on the road. First its a great value, several thousand $$ below the competition. The ride is terrific, smooth and quiet. Power delivery is above average for the V6 and fuel consumption is easily 27mpg. The U-Connect interface is simple, easy to use and understand. The instrument cluster and switches are well laid out and the big knobs for the environmental controls work great. There is plenty of storage space behind the seat, more than you would expect for a regular cab. The cargo bed has a remote locking tailgate. The only negative thing I can mention is the seat comfort. The lower cushion could use more support and the back cushion needs additional lumbar support. The only reason that I did not rate this truck a 10 is that there is always room for improvement, no matter how small or minor it may seem."

Worth Every Penny

By on Thursday, September 1, 2016

Pros: "Quiet, comfortable, good fuel milage"

Cons: "Sits way to high for a 2WD truck"

"I purchased my RAM 1500 Eco Diesel new last November. I wanted one with the front bench seat and it was hard to find, most come with the overly huge center console. The diesel is very quiet, you only really hear it at start up after which it quiets down. Although it could use a bit more power. Several friends have mentioned they don't believe it's a diesel!! After just over 12,000 miles I have yet to have any real problems other than a defective left front fender the dealer won't fix. Fuel mileage as of now is averaging 25mpg, not bad for a 6,00lb truck!! This is a very comfortable truck to drive, handles well, stops well and looks good too! Only Con I can find is it sits too high, actually sits higher than my old GMC 4WD truck!!"

Love the truck, no problems except tires wear fast

By on Wednesday, September 11, 2013

Pros: "Powerful, fast, fun to drive, HighWay 20-22 mpg"

Cons: "Gas milage around town about 16-18 mpg"

"Great truck for the money. Ford and Chevy were much more though I love Ford trucks, just couldn't afford one. Road handling is excellent for a truck. Coil springs in rear give a great ride and have no problem towing up to 6000lbs trailer. Powerful with great acceleration. Great for winter driving in snow and ice. Off road good, wish I had a limited slip differential. Tire wear and gas millage are my only complaints so far. I get 16-18 mpg around town and I can get 20-22 mpg on the highway if I use the speed control and set it to 60mph. If you get a ram, be sure to get the Limited Slip Differential which I regret not getting. Miss it. Chrysler very slow with recall N08/NHTSA 13V-038 which reports the axle pinion nut may not have been secured with an adhesive patch, thus causing the rear axil to seize and cause a crash. Been waiting several months for the repair. Dealer say's, "it's coming". In the mean time, hope no one gets hurt or worse. Still love the truck, would recommend it, so far!!"

Handles/rides well. MPG's- poor local, good hwy.

By on Saturday, August 6, 2011

Pros: "Good highway mpg's, excellent interior storage."

Cons: "Poor local mpg's. Too many initial problems and recalls."

"I have owned 4 new trucks since 2001, 3 GM's and now this 2011 Ram SLT Bighorn. All have been V8, 4X4 extended cab models. The Ram has a smoother ride, a more comfortable and useful interior and handles better then those GM's. Performance-wise the Ram is not that much quicker and it gets worse mpgs and the 3 GM's I owned did not have cylinder deactivation (had an '01 w/4.8, '03 w/5.3 and '06 w/5.3 H.O.). I averaged 18.2 mpg w/all 3 GM's and 17.1 mpg with this Ram driving the same way (easy on the throttle), same roads and all 4 trucks have had similar rear gear ratio's. That might seem close but with gas pushing $4/gallon every little bit helps. The Ram has had 1 recall (rear axle) and 4 rapid responses in my 7 months of ownership. I had 1 recall (tailgate strap) in 10 years of driving the 3 GM's, so the GM's have been more reliable. I am hoping to see an end to the recalls and rapid responses and would also like to see local mpg's increase as the truck breaks in. I also notice that the 5.7's power wheelhouse is at too high an rpm, by the time the engine really starts to pull I am already at the speed limit. If I was at the track and launching at 2800 rpm this wouldn't be a concern but when I am merging onto a highway I want the power then and there, not when I am already at 65mph. As you can probably tell from the above text I am not a kid and am a function over form type of guy. I see a lot of reviews that talk about having a "Hemi" and how cool it is and rate the vehicle high for that reason alone. Not me, any truck must do all the things a truck is meant for and be reliable and that is what I based my ratings on."

Love my new truck

By on Wednesday, August 27, 2014

Pros: "ecodiesel power & mpg, air suspension, rambox"

Cons: "cheap antenna, not enough xm presets"

"This is my first Truck and first diesel. It's a blast to drive, quicker than I expected with a weight of almost 6,000 lbs. Pulls our 22' travel trailer like it's not even there. We hae only had it for about a month, and so far we are getting about 22 mpg overall. 1 short trip pulling the trailer and we got 16 mpg towing. With the back-up camera, I can get hitched up with no assistance. 4 corner air suspension gives a really smooth ride too."

Find Deals Near You vehicles for sale matching Ram 1500 Regular Cab near Honolulu. See local deals