2017 Porsche Macan Consumer Reviews

The Fair Market Range for this car in your area is $71,072 - $76,045.

Invoice N/A

Click on an icon below to access that browser�s download page.

Valid for ZIP code 96801 through 09/28/2017

10/8.5

Based on 25 Ratings for the 2015 - 2017 models.

Fun, Fun ...the best!

By on Tuesday, October 4, 2016

Pros: "Fun to drive, comfortable, excellently engineered"

Cons: "Price"

"This vehicle is a riot. I goes like a sports car, better than most sport sedans on the market. Curves, braking and acceleration are a riot. Driving thrills are in this Porsche's DNA and it is apparent. I own a 911 S 4 and the Macan is a 21st century marvel, that I have been told, can and will catch a 911 on a race course. There is plenty of cargo space, wonderful visibility, very comfortable (I'm 6'4") and rugged. Handles snow, rain or sand like a four wheel drive should (It's AWD). No problems to report at 17000 miles. The looks and the constant questions every time you stop are unlike any other SUV. Drive the rest, buy the best!"

A dream sport car ride in a SUV

By on Wednesday, September 28, 2016

"I just bought the new 2017 Macan base model inSeptember with many luxury options. This is my 3rd Porsche , prior a Boxter and a 944. This car drives like a dream, it feels like and drives like the base 911. I was not looking to get a speed demon so the base model is all I needed, I was looking more for handling, driving experience, confort and space. Since most of the sport cars didn't fit my needs, this one fit the bill. I went looking for a Q5 coming from owning many Lexus RX's , but the Q5 even though more sportier than the Lexus, still felt about the same. The Macan didn't after I test drove it and I was hooked. The price point is a little more than those mentioned but close enough to make the decision. You give up a little in size and space in the rear seat but for us it was good enough. Trunk space is very large for this size SUV and it was not an issue at all. you will love this car, its the most fun i have had driving in a long time. The most impressive thing is that you don't give up confort in the front seats to any rival. If you get the Premium Plus Package the seats and audio are incredible. If its your budget test dive it, and you will see what I mean. The Sport mode is even more fun, but i hardly need to use it since the regular setting is fast enough for everyday use. If you are going to race it in a track then you can go for the higher engine models, but 0 to 60 in 6 seconds is fast for most responsible adults."

Unpleasant Surprises...

By on Monday, July 20, 2015

Pros: "Agility - handling - power - comfort"

Cons: "Wipers - AC Evaporator shutting down - Body Noises"

"Alarm went off unexpectedly two weeks into ownership --- Issue with Software ---- Fixed by AD Dripping of Rear Wiper ---- Fixed by AD Front Wipers Chattering ---- I had to pay for a brand new set ---- The problem Persists! --- I opened a case with Porsche US --- Still pending --- AD has no idea of how to fix it... I had to take it back to the dealer to tighten the hood, as it is an entirely new style that goes over the sides...So tightening was required...Hopefully, it would not be something that needs to be done on a regular basis. Worse of all: AC stopped working on a 4 hour trip...Called the AD. They gave me a "Way around" to temporarily get the AC to work. According to them, the software and a new 'architecture' ----- To this day they have not found a fix... I guess, this is the price I have to pay for jumping into an entirely new car (with all the bugs) I bought mine in July 2014... I suggest to discuss these issues with AD before buying this car...I am sure they will fix them soon...meanwhile, I am only taking short trips, in sunny days :-S"

First new Porsche

By on Sunday, August 2, 2015

Pros: "Fun to drive, fast, sounds great, very comfortable"

Cons: "Service costs"

"We purchased this in the first batch to come out in late May 2014. So far we love it, very comfortable, handles great, sounds great. PDK in sport mode is awesome. We own two older porsches, and have taken the Macan on a couple of back country tours. While it does not handle as good as my 968 M030 for a 4k lb car that does not sit all that low to the ground, it does an exceptional job. Only complaint so far was the cost of an oil change. Ouch! And a replacement rear tire due to a puncture. Ouch again."

Cost effective path to Porsche excellence.

By on Friday, July 24, 2015

Pros: "Porsche character and quality, ordinary price."

Cons: "Expensive options (that I could live without!)"

"Porsche took basically good chassis from Audi and then massaged to make a real Porsche driving experience. Makes no pretense of being true off-road capable, but thereby achieves great performance as a real world fun and practical transporter. Great brakes, great trans, great engine and great handling; then details such as interior layout, engine note, steering wheel that can not be mistaken for anything but Porsche. Only sour note is dud stock stereo and way overpriced escapes (Bose and Burmester). A home run by Porsche without a doubt."