10/8.0

10.0

Based on 9 Ratings for the 2014 - 2018 models.

9.7/10
    10.0/10
    10.0/10
    9.9/10
    9.8/10
    9.8/10
Per Page:  5 | 10

I pass my exit all the time...

By on Thursday, November 9, 2017

Pros: "Body lines, Cornering, Balance, 0-60"

Cons: "Nothing"

"This car gives my heart more exercise than a gym. Seriously. I drive over curvy Highway 17 through the Santa Cruz mountains in California every day and its amazing. I look forward to my commute and Ill pass my exit on a regular basis because its so much fun to drive!. This car corners like a race car. With new 20 inch Michelins, Ive raced a Ferrari and Aston Martin on Hwy 17 and they couldnt pass me because of the corners. Few production cars can match the cornering. Mid-engine, 6 cyl. growl in your ear is like listening to a violin. I have the PDK which has a dual clutch so its quick shifting. And PDK always seems to anticipate my paddle shift and places the car in the correct gear before I can do so. Its amazing. The car is so smart. I also have the heated and A/C seats which work really well. Folding mirrors help with tight parking. Headlights are like eyes and they move with the steering wheel. This car has very little storage room inside but theres a surprising amount of space in the front and rear hatches. Overall, its a beautiful performance car. The best Ive owned and Ive owned many hot cars. The quality is superb as youd expect in a Porsche. The body lines are flowing, especially when you glance at your side mirror and see the curved hip. While this may be one of the least expensive Porsches on the market, I think it handles better than my previous 911, 928 and several Mercedes SLs. Those cars may have a higher top speed but this car just feels better. I think the mid-engine balance makes all the difference. Not sure if Ill ever sell this one. The new 718s have a 4-cyl. turbo which doesnt excite me. I still like 911s but I love mid-engine. My 981 Cayman S model was only made for ~3 years before Porsche switched to 4-cyl turbos in the 718. I think a 981 with the right options is gonna be a future legend. I cant say enough. I LOVE my Cayman S."

Great Sports Car

By on Sunday, August 9, 2015

"I've had the base Cayman with PDK for 26 months as my daily driver. Great car, lots of fun, especially on twisty roads where this mid-engine car really shines. Drive comfort is good for a sports car. Acceleration is good in sports mode, and handling is outstanding. Interior is comfortable and very functional. Controls are laid out well and NAV system is good and worth having since you have limited space for dash mounted device. Gas milage is great, I average about 25 MPG on mostly back road driving. Downside I'll note include; 1- no spare tire, get a flat and your day is over. 2- On really cold days (-5 to 5 f) the washer fluid (even winter fluid) has a tendency to freeze in the line as the resevoir is in the unheated front trunk. 3- As with all Porsches, the options run the price up very quickly, so choose wisely."

Awesome car to drive!

By on Sunday, July 26, 2015

Pros: "Mid engine handling."

Cons: "Very limited cabin space."

"This is an awesome, fun car to drive. The handling is flawless and the car is beautifully designed. The mid engine causes the car to be very balanced. Turning curves is exhilarating, probably the best of all cars. I really love my 2014 Porsche Cayman S. This is my second Cayman, the first was a 2005 model."

Best sports car I have ever owned

By on Thursday, April 23, 2015

Pros: "Best sports car I have owned"

Cons: "Pricey options and upgrade"

"I have owned many sports cars including 911s, Viper, corvette, NSX. This is the best sports car I have owned. It is well balanced enough to use as a daily driver , but it is absolute fiend on the track as well. It is beautiful on the outside, well appointed on the inside, and is the best-driving sports car I have owned. The only downside is that Porsche gouges you on the options so be thoughtful about how you customize your car."

Worth every penny!

By on Thursday, March 26, 2015

Pros: "Not too expensive compared to other cars."

Cons: "Bluetooth issues with Iphones."

"Very well engineered. Although, it does no have +400HP, the car is fast and it pretty much sticks to the ground."

Per Page:  5 | 10