ZIP code

2008 Porsche Cayman

9.5

Based on 93 Ratings for the 2006 - 2008 models.

By on Saturday, August 4, 2007

"I've had it for a year. Outstanding handling and acceleration. Gets a huge amount of compliments--everyone thinks that it is a top of the line Porsche. The mid-engine design gives it great balance. With Michelin Pilot Alpin winter tires it did great in the snow and with the Pilot Sports it handles like a cup car. Can't recommend it enough as a great value in a sports car. Low maintenance--you change the oil once a year and there are no other service requirements until you hit 100,000 miles. Plenty of room to carry two sets of golf clubs and two suitcases for a vacation trip."

Best Car I Have Ever Had

By on Tuesday, September 25, 2007

"I have had a few cars including 2 Audi S4's (1 with 340hp) and this is the best car I have ever had. It is awesome in the corners with enough power for me and the engine screams above 6,000 rpm. I is also fairly practical and holds quite a bit of luggage or cargo. It is very comfortable on long trips and people comment on it everywhere. It is a beautiful, curvy car and you feel special every time you drive it."

356 Magic found in 2008 Cayman

By on Monday, January 28, 2008

"At last, the magic that five 356 gave me during college days that other cars failed to spark. This is the ultimate in pure driving pleasure found in the Porsche allure. It is a bit pricy but that is good in away, in hopes to help keep it unique. The assemble point in Finland was the right choice as the craftmanship is very obvious just sitting in the cockpit soaking it all in. Hopefully she will provide many years of trouble free driving with minimal repair cost (going for extended warranty, recommend internet research this before buying). Did purchase tire/wheel warranty from dealer. Porsche changed 2008 oil change from 20k to 12k with a 2000k breakin period. My Guards red/black w/ 18 S wheels presents one beautiful car. Normal Cayman first choice not into track, fast enough w/ added MPG. Try Normal and S back to back and decide if 8K more is worth the 50HP & break upgrade."

Fun, fun, fun

By on Monday, May 2, 2011

"I bought my car used from the dealer, with 2 years left on original factory warranty. Couple of minor mechanical failures, clutch switch that sends message clutch is depressed caused car not to start and a sensor cable connector broke. Minor things like the rubber surface on the fan and temp controls is coming off. It is a blast to drive. Corners like it is on rails. Great looks, good gas mileage; avg 23.1 city and ~ 32 highway (taking it easy). By the way, I'm 6'1" and wish I had a little more leg room, if I was any taller I would not be comfortable. Plenty of head room."

Amazingly good, I’m not kidding

By on Thursday, November 17, 2011

Pros: "The best Driver's car, quility, reliability"

Cons: "Expensive, no good in snow, wife steals it"

"I have been very fortunate to own and drive some of the best cars from Germany and Japan. Before the Cayman I had 5 different M3s a Z3, Evolution, WRX Wagon. I’m really impressing with the Cayman because the quality is much higher than any other cars that I have owned and compared to my BMW the reliability is Honda like. My Z3 was the worst and would be in the shop at least once every two months compared to the Cayman never outside of regular service. It’s the best driver’s car I have owned and will only buy Porsche products from now on. MPG not so good but I don’t drive like a old lady, around town about 20.5 and on the highway 24.5. Best I have seen is 26.3. One last thing this is the first car with a MPG meter that is accurate on the dashboard compared to the calculator vs gallons of gas used, miles driven"

Find Deals Near You vehicles for sale matching Porsche Cayman near Honolulu. See local deals