2012 Porsche Cayenne

Based on 78 Ratings for the 2011 - 2017 models.

SUV that thinks it's a sports car

By on Tuesday, May 24, 2016

Pros: "FUN!"

Cons: "None."

"2014 Turbo S. Bought used with under 2K miles; now at a little over 10K. Black/black/carbon fiber. Summer tires: 21" PZeroes. Winter tires: 19" Blizzaks. Previous ride was MB GL550. That was bigger, slower but had smoother ride. Positives: Insane power/accel/speed. Crisp handling. FUN drive. Capable off road (locking differentials). Roomy (I'm 6'4"). Never having to wonder "Who's faster?" LOL. Decent mileage (20 MPG highway). Negatives: Poor rear visibility (lane change assist is nice though), glare off metal dash accents can be a pain. Some electronics are quirky (e.g. seat memory, music hard drive, garage door opener). Limited interior storage (doors, armrests)."

Beautiful and great in snow and ice

By on Sunday, December 18, 2016

Pros: "Fun to drive, Beautiful, Fabulous on snow/ ice"

Cons: "No manual transmission available"

"I have owned my 2016 "platinum" V6 for only 3 months but have driven it through typically awful Minnesota weather. It is fabulous (with snow tires). A lot of fun to drive even with the base V6 but most appreciated when the weather turns nasty. Fit and finish are superb. There were no initial construction/ manufacture problems at all. Too early to say anything about long term reliability. Interior is great. The current version of the Infotainment system is quite good... screen is only 7 inches which some may find small; I do not. I understand that the 2017 will have a 10 inch screen. Seats are very comfortable. Interior is well thought out. Handling is fantastic."

Disappointed

By on Monday, April 30, 2012

Pros: "Great handling, hauls lots of stuff"

Cons: "reliability has gone way down from previous models"

"This is my 3rd Cayenne---first V8 - 44,000 miles - the previous cars were amazing-85K and 75K miles respectively-ZERO issues..this one is a different story--in the first 30,000 miles I--had a major radiator pipe blow out necesitating a special part from the factory to be flown in (two weeks)(adhesive failure), two major water leaks around the windows, the engine knocks (or pings) constantly (car has been tuned, plugs changed, software reset)(factory rep has looked at it) and will not stop, requires 1 quart of oil every 400-450 miles (dealer has kept a log of the usage. The engine knocking happens no matter what brand of gas I use (dealer suggested a switch) - it impedes performance and engine reacts sluggish - no one seems to care----am trading the car in right before the warranty expires-NO WAY will I own this particular car without a warranty---the radiator issue alone would have cost over $5,000 according to the service rep.....too bad--I had really enjoyed the previous Cayennes I owned--not sure I'll buy another one."

A True Sports Utility Sports Car

By on Thursday, December 27, 2007

"Love the looks, handling, acceleration. Very hard ride....disappointed w/options for the price. I'm 5'10 and fit very comfortably in the cockpit and 2 adults fit well in the back seat. It was said best u buy this car for performance and prestige."

Love/Hate

By on Saturday, August 4, 2012

Pros: "Fun to drive, very fast"

Cons: "Expensive to maintain/insure"

"Awesome car to drive, very expensive to maintain/insure. Rear wheel bearing repair, $1800 Coolant system gasket replacement $2000 (location required removing engine). 4WD system requires changing all 4 tires if you pop 1 and there is more than 5k miles on them. Have replaced all 4 brake rotors twice. Uses one quart of oil ever 700 miles. More expensive to insure than 2008 Tesla Roadster and 2012 MB E63."

Porsche badge and breed

By on Friday, March 27, 2009

"Recently took my 08 Cayenne in for routine service. The dealer was nice enough to give me a Caymen S to drive for the day and I quickly found out the hertiage of my SUV. The steering, brakes, and handling all have direct links to other Porsche products. I live in a very fun part of the country and my Cayenne's power delivery and performance surprise me daily. Even with 18 inch rims with Michelin HP tour tires it asks to be driven harder and faster. So if you want performance I would definitely buy this vehicle. Yes if you want off the line acceleration spend the money on the S model but if you do not mind pushing the 3.6 V-6 you will get plenty of power when requested. The interior space is large enough for four adults and a car seat with a fully loaded luggage compartment. No issues there! On a down note I have had radio issues from the start but Porsche is replacing this so we will see what happens. Warranty issues seem not to be a problem and Porsche North America has been quick to answer my questions and correct any issues that have arose. Overall Porsche is a company I would recommend and the Cayenne is just what you think. A SUV built in Germany and made to be driven!"

Totally Cool

By on Tuesday, April 27, 2010

"My Cayenne S is the coolest vehicle that I've owned. Have had an Infiniti Q45 and Caddy SRX V-8 and both were solid, head turners and comparatively fast. The Cayenne is way better than either. BMWs are everywhere, but my Porsche stands out at the traffic light or parking lot. My brother in law has a BMW x5, and he is remorseful when he rides in or drives the Cayenne. The gas mileage is not nearly as bad as I had steeled myself to expect. Mixed city & interstate driving and I get anywhere from 18 to 19.5 mph. I would buy the Cayenne again in a heartbeat."

I love my Cayenne S

By on Saturday, March 17, 2012

Pros: "Peformance, comfort and gorgeous"

Cons: "Gas prices"

"It drives and feels like a Porsche. The performance, speed and control are amazing. It is a beautiful SUV that drives like a sports car."

excellent car, zero maintenance problems

By on Monday, February 20, 2012

"solid, trustworthy, never had a minute's trouble with it. will definitely buy another one down the road."

I have the 2012 cayenne turbo with power kit

By on Monday, July 22, 2013

Pros: "fun, reliable fast and stops on a dime"

Cons: "high price of options and maintenance costs"

"I have found the car to be great to drive; very comfortable on a long trip. I have obtained 24 mpg on the highway holding at 70-75 mph. Around town I get 13-17 mpg, but the real issue is to keep off the turbos, but that is why I got all the power. It does not use oil although some owners complain of it. Cost of maintenance is high; but it is a take it in 1x a year car; except for putting on snows in the winter. By the way, the standard goodyear all weather tires are horrible in the winter."

Find Deals Near You vehicles for sale matching Porsche Cayenne near Honolulu. See local deals