2011 Porsche Cayenne

Based on 79 Ratings for the 2011 - 2017 models.

All smiles All Cayenne S

By on Wednesday, April 26, 2017

Pros: "Fun, fast, great road manners-men & women love it"

Cons: "gas could be better than 25 MPG - but who cares"

"If you have a choice this is a great beginner Porsche. Its fast, its beautiful, it super modern. This is the one to get before you get yourself into carrera. Wife loves it, in laws and sister loves it. Brother always wants to borrow it. I have had cayenne since 2004, 2006 turbo, 08, 09 and now 11. Love this the most. This one is about as fast as my turbo. Must get a S and one with options these start around 66K but a loaded ones are about 90K - thats the one you want!! No issues no drama, starts and puts a smile on my face each and every time since 2004 to the latest 2011. Buy a used one for 35K thats the way to save and have a great porsche experience. Here in CO these do not loose value due to the snow and the mountain drives."

Disappointed

By on Monday, April 30, 2012

Pros: "Great handling, hauls lots of stuff"

Cons: "reliability has gone way down from previous models"

"This is my 3rd Cayenne---first V8 - 44,000 miles - the previous cars were amazing-85K and 75K miles respectively-ZERO issues..this one is a different story--in the first 30,000 miles I--had a major radiator pipe blow out necesitating a special part from the factory to be flown in (two weeks)(adhesive failure), two major water leaks around the windows, the engine knocks (or pings) constantly (car has been tuned, plugs changed, software reset)(factory rep has looked at it) and will not stop, requires 1 quart of oil every 400-450 miles (dealer has kept a log of the usage. The engine knocking happens no matter what brand of gas I use (dealer suggested a switch) - it impedes performance and engine reacts sluggish - no one seems to care----am trading the car in right before the warranty expires-NO WAY will I own this particular car without a warranty---the radiator issue alone would have cost over $5,000 according to the service rep.....too bad--I had really enjoyed the previous Cayennes I owned--not sure I'll buy another one."

Love/Hate

By on Saturday, August 4, 2012

Pros: "Fun to drive, very fast"

Cons: "Expensive to maintain/insure"

"Awesome car to drive, very expensive to maintain/insure. Rear wheel bearing repair, $1800 Coolant system gasket replacement $2000 (location required removing engine). 4WD system requires changing all 4 tires if you pop 1 and there is more than 5k miles on them. Have replaced all 4 brake rotors twice. Uses one quart of oil ever 700 miles. More expensive to insure than 2008 Tesla Roadster and 2012 MB E63."

I have the 2012 cayenne turbo with power kit

By on Monday, July 22, 2013

Pros: "fun, reliable fast and stops on a dime"

Cons: "high price of options and maintenance costs"

"I have found the car to be great to drive; very comfortable on a long trip. I have obtained 24 mpg on the highway holding at 70-75 mph. Around town I get 13-17 mpg, but the real issue is to keep off the turbos, but that is why I got all the power. It does not use oil although some owners complain of it. Cost of maintenance is high; but it is a take it in 1x a year car; except for putting on snows in the winter. By the way, the standard goodyear all weather tires are horrible in the winter."

Best vehicle I've ever had

By on Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Pros: "handeling and power"

Cons: "price"

"This is the second time I've had a cayenne, first time I've bothered to review it. It has power, it has grace, it handles wonderfully, it looks great on inside and out, the engine looks like a work of art, and best of all it's a pleasure to drive, be it spirited, or leisurely. Only problem I have is the value. I don't understand why Porsche makes these cars ala-carte, but to their credit the are making the packages they do offer better and more prevalent. Great car if you like to drive (this is not your ordinary SUV), but if an autodimming rear view mirror is more important to you than acceleration look at the Acura or Lexus."

One of the best trucks I owned. 2011 cayenne turbo

By on Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Pros: "Fast, fun to drive and comfortable"

Cons: "For the price it should have more standard option"

"I have the 2011 Cayenne turbo and would give it 5 stars in every category if my wife's range river didn't come with so many more options for half the price, but other then IMO not equipping the Turbo model as well as they should for the price it's a fantastic vehicle."

I love my Cayenne S

By on Saturday, March 17, 2012

Pros: "Peformance, comfort and gorgeous"

Cons: "Gas prices"

"It drives and feels like a Porsche. The performance, speed and control are amazing. It is a beautiful SUV that drives like a sports car."

Totally Cool

By on Tuesday, April 27, 2010

"My Cayenne S is the coolest vehicle that I've owned. Have had an Infiniti Q45 and Caddy SRX V-8 and both were solid, head turners and comparatively fast. The Cayenne is way better than either. BMWs are everywhere, but my Porsche stands out at the traffic light or parking lot. My brother in law has a BMW x5, and he is remorseful when he rides in or drives the Cayenne. The gas mileage is not nearly as bad as I had steeled myself to expect. Mixed city & interstate driving and I get anywhere from 18 to 19.5 mph. I would buy the Cayenne again in a heartbeat."

A True Sports Utility Sports Car

By on Thursday, December 27, 2007

"Love the looks, handling, acceleration. Very hard ride....disappointed w/options for the price. I'm 5'10 and fit very comfortably in the cockpit and 2 adults fit well in the back seat. It was said best u buy this car for performance and prestige."

Beautiful and great in snow and ice

By on Sunday, December 18, 2016

Pros: "Fun to drive, Beautiful, Fabulous on snow/ ice"

Cons: "No manual transmission available"

"I have owned my 2016 "platinum" V6 for only 3 months but have driven it through typically awful Minnesota weather. It is fabulous (with snow tires). A lot of fun to drive even with the base V6 but most appreciated when the weather turns nasty. Fit and finish are superb. There were no initial construction/ manufacture problems at all. Too early to say anything about long term reliability. Interior is great. The current version of the Infotainment system is quite good... screen is only 7 inches which some may find small; I do not. I understand that the 2017 will have a 10 inch screen. Seats are very comfortable. Interior is well thought out. Handling is fantastic."

Find Deals Near You vehicles for sale matching Porsche Cayenne near Honolulu. See local deals