2010 Porsche Cayenne

Based on 163 Ratings for the 2003 - 2010 models.

Hap[py I didn't buy that Mercedes

By on Sunday, March 25, 2012

Pros: "responsive, classy, attention to detail"

Cons: "chugs premium gas, at $!00 per fillup. But yo"

"When I sold my ML430 I wanted to buy a ML500. My friend got me to try the Cayenne S first. Absolutely no comparison. When it comes to response, fit, finish the Porsche stands alone."

2004 Cayenne Strong built and very reliable.

By on Tuesday, December 6, 2011

Pros: "Very reliable, Very good built quality."

Cons: "A bit slow from starting point."

"Have had my 2004 Porsche Cayenne for five years. I bought it used. I had no problems with this car, It drives like a new car. The handeling is great, acceleration is not so good, but sure has power."

Great All'Rounder

By on Thursday, August 19, 2010

"This applies to a 2006 Cayenne S Titanium Edition. Purchased as a 2 year old CPO from Porsche dealer. Great set of goodies with the Titanium package (xenon headlights, white faced gauges, two tone interior, lighting, side skirts, exhaust tips, etc.) Driving is like a tall sports car, great. Enough room to stow and transport most items, just don't use it like a second home. 18 months of ownership, so far very reliable. Great in snow, make sure you don"t have summer tires on the car though; all seasons will do. Niggles: engine temperature creeps up when sitting in traffic, but is a known flaw (plastic internal coolant pipes) that should be replaced by dealer while under warranty. Transmission should be better; no problems, but there is lag waiting for upshift or downshift, it seems confused. Have to let the car warm up a bit before it will shift out of first gear when first starting out."

By on Wednesday, September 19, 2007

"2004 S model w/ 32,000 miles. Average 12 mpg/20 mpg road. Bought the 19" tires to start, then for winter I got 18" wheels so I could get the Pirelli Scorpion. Love the performance, quality, hate to put down the back seats. Gladly buy another one. Positive suggestions- auto headlights, easier back seat lowering, go on a diet/solid feeling but could loss some weight to improve performance."

This is my favorite vehicle

By on Thursday, July 12, 2007

"Having owned only foreign cars, the Porsche Cayenne is my favorite! Grew up with MGBs, MGBGTs, Jags, 2 944s and a 911 with a whaletail! Eventually moved to Mercedes for 18 years. Last year test drove and bought my 2006 Porsche Cayenne. It is black with dark gray interior and it is a 'head stopper.' More people have commented on this car than any other I have owned. I have not had one problem with it. The engineering, finishes are all superb. It is a joy to drive and corners so well you forget you are in an SUV. Just go test drive one and fall in love!"

Cayenne Turbo

By on Friday, January 20, 2012

Pros: "FAST, fun and the top of the hill"

Cons: "Expensive maintenance and acquisition cost"

"This is one awesome vehicle and an absolute joy to drive! With the 20" turbo wheels and al the options available there is almost nothing that can touch this vehicle in all areas including driving, performance, quality, ride and appearance. As a long time Porsche owner I am used to the higher than average costs for maintenance. The Cayenne is no different and would shell shock those who are not used to these costs. Outside of that there is little to fault with the CTT. I absolute love driving it and compare that to driving a 911 Turbo, X5, Mercedes E63 AMG as current rides. It is a personal favorite of mine. Overall the car is excellent and I would highly recommend it to those looking for a super car in and SUV!"

Finest vehicle I have ever owned!

By on Tuesday, November 15, 2011

Pros: "Much more vehicle for the money than others."

Cons: "Service costs are high, but with longer intervals."

"Never really paid attention to the Cayenne until I was talked into driving one right after driving an Escalade. Unbelievable! Handles like a sports car, goes ANYWHERE in the snow with locking differentials, gets good gas mileage for how fast and sporty it is. Bought it as a CPO with full warranty at the same price as much lesser SUV's. It's a blast."

Great SUV

By on Wednesday, May 26, 2010

"I bought this certified used 2005 V-6 Cayenne in 2007. Driven by the wife of an MD (according to service records). All services done at the local Porsche dealership. I now have 56,000 miles on it and love it. Quiet on the highway. Ultra stable in sand, mud, snow, and smooth as silk with a heavy load. No squeaks, rattles, or buzzes. Not too big/not too small. Lots of room for 4 large adults on a longer trip. No real problems with anything. Goes through a set of tires every 25,000(ish) miles. Only negatives - wish I'd bought the V-8 for power as the V-6 is a bit sluggish off of the line. Hates stop-and-go traffic - has a tendency to "buck" when chugging along. At cruising speeds, no problems keeping up (or beating) the pace of traffic. I get 16mpg in city driving and 21-22mpg on the highway. Will run on cheap gas but prefers premium (same gas mileage but better performance with premium). Generally ugly appearance seems to intimidate slower drivers on the road so they get out of your way. Once out of warranty you will want to take it to a non-Porsche shop for service as Porsche charges outrageous prices for parts and labor. I will seriously consider trading this in (down the road) on the new hybrid Cayenne or on a Cayenne GTS. Would love the Cayenne Turbo but prices are rather stiff for that beast."

Great look, but not as agile as X5

By on Thursday, August 23, 2007

"Throtle response is slow, not as agile as X5 Eats gas much more than X5, but everything else is BETTER than X5. I average 14MPG with V8 vesus 18MPG on X5"

By far the best SUV on the market

By on Saturday, December 3, 2011

Pros: "Fun to drive, comfortable ride /sports car feeling"

Cons: "Turning light bulbs burn out to often"

"The vehicle has over 120,000 miles and feels like only 40,000 miles, most vehicles with this Mileage would start to get tired. All around a great car!"

WOW

By on Sunday, January 2, 2011

"The turbo S is a blast. cant keep my foot off the gas. have owned all versions except the 6 cyl. turbo and turbo s are very fun to drive. gas and tires are a bummer but who cares with 520bhp and 0-60 under 5 seconds."

2005 Cayenne Turbo - There is NO Substitute!!

By on Friday, February 21, 2014

Pros: "Fast, Nimble and a Great Looking SUV"

Cons: "Very Low MPG... 13 mpg in the burbs.. ;-("

"I bought this SUV (2005 Cayenne Turbo) when it was four years old with 45K miles and it now has 72K miles after 4 1/2 years owning it. Spectacular SUV to own.. Faassast, nimble and definitely a Porsche... You WILL get noticed in this vehicle.. I have a triple black with 20" TechArt Wheels.. Very reliable (knock on wood ;-).. have only replaced the basics and like all Premium brands, the maintenance can get pretty pricey - but we all know that going in right? Only drawback is mileage.. I live in the Chicago burbs and I barely get 13 MPG of mostly suburban driving. Overall I highly recommend this SUV.. buy one!!!"

Best truck ever

By on Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Pros: "great truck, huge towing capacity, fast and fun"

Cons: "gas mileage (its a pig)"

"Huge towing capacity, plenty of power, luxury interior (get the full leather interior), Bose sound, monster in the snow, fun in the dry. Get one."

Amazing Vehicle

By on Monday, May 18, 2009

"I have decided I will own no other SUV for the rest of my life... this is my match. Well built, reliable, and a ton of fun (3 tons, to be exact). Handling is superb. That someone could engineer a 6000 lb truck to accelerate as fast and smooth as the Cayenne S is nothing less than amazing."

Great Vehicle

By on Saturday, December 6, 2008

"Bought an '04 S with less than 12K miles over two years ago and could not be more pleased with the vehicle. This is the perfect SUV. Yes it is a little pricey to maintain but it is such a pleasure to drive that you forget the costs. If you are in the market for a Luxury SUV be sure to test drive the Cayenne."

Top notch

By on Thursday, November 20, 2008

"I bought it used, still under warranty...no problems......other SUV's envy.... almost too fast for me...I feel in complete control driving this vehicle...I have all the upgrades.. the Navi works like a charm..."

Classy all around SUV

By on Thursday, May 29, 2008

"I bought my 2006 Porsche Cayenne S used with 6000 miles. I Had it for a year and put 10000 miles on it and just recently sold it. I only lost $6k on the deal. So, it kept its resale value. The car handled nice and sounded aggressive when it moved. I had no issues with the car and only took it in once for an oil change ($200). Its expensive to own one of these but very classy and thumbs up at the country club. It is a very reliable SUV, but like all others and with gas at $4/gallon, I was filling her up at $85, and she eats it up like your favorite candy. Overall, I recommend the Porsche Cayenne S. If you can afford one, get one. And get the Cayenne S, not the base Cayenne---- real slow, doesn't move and the base ones have bad resale values."

LOTS of fun, great ride, awesome looks

By on Wednesday, December 18, 2013

Pros: "Fun To Drive Looks Great Rides Great"

Cons: "Eats gas, not cheap in anyway"

"The S model is very fun to drive with proper tires it is very much at home in corners with very lite body roll unlike most other SUV's. The engine has a great sound and comes to life around 3500 and pulls strong. The gas mileage is poor in the city 14mpg on the HWY its 18.5 so its not a gas saver and it requires AT least mid-grade to run properly. The interior of the car is comfortable with decent leg room upfront. The controls for the radio and the HUD require the manual & a PHD. But over all the ride is fairly smooth the seats hold you well and the stereo system is top notch. Parts for the car are easy enough to find but not cheap and almost everything has to be done by Porsche or someone that has the tools to do so. A oil change even at do it your self prices will still cost over $100 dollars (9 quarts of 0-40w). But if your looking for a fun car to drive and one that will turn heads this is the car for you, just plan for the maintenance."

Great family car!

By on Thursday, February 16, 2012

Pros: "Affordable, easy to drive, faster then most cars"

Cons: "some plastic clips tend to wear"

"A few things that need maintenance, but as long as yoiu take care of your car, it will take care of you. this vehicle is fantastic. with two toddlers it leaves us with plenty of room for stroller and groceries. great quality and fun."

One of the Best

By on Friday, December 9, 2011

Pros: "Solid build quality, performance"

Cons: "Pricey Options"

"I bought my Cayenne new in '06 and still love it 5 years later. I was skeptical of owning a first generation German car but it has proven reliable and a good invesment as an everyday driver. I love the sophisticated luxury and the V-8 performance, as well as the utilitarian capabilities. It's a beautiful machine that can also take some abuse from my 3 boys as well as our farm's harsh driveway and trails. Take the time to consider a Cayenne, just make sure to keep it serviced and you won't be dissatisfied."

Hot

By on Monday, January 10, 2011

"I've had my Cayenne for 4 years and I still LOVE it. The style is in a class all of its own. I have the fifth wheel on the rear. It took me a minute to get used to it, but now I would not have it any other way. It stands out among all the other Cayennes because most other owners did not choose this option. I have not had any major or minor problems with this vehicle. Before I bought this vehicle I drove Range Rovers for 15 years and I wanted a change. I miss my rovers but I wouldn't do anything different if I had to do it all over again. The difference is you sit up higher in the rovers. The Cayenne was a good buy for me. I plan to buy a new vehicle next year and I have not made up my mind if I want to upgrade my Cayenne or go the the G500 Mercedes."

By on Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Best vehicle I ever purchased

By on Friday, October 10, 2008

"Great performance & reliability. Constant 21 mpg on long trips. Comfortable. The tripronic shift throws you back into the seat. This one is a stock sleeper."

Great Driving Experience

By on Thursday, July 24, 2008

"Very few insignificant problems throughout four year ownership. Electrical malfunctions annoying but repairable. Reminder: High performance auto, therefore, expensive upkeep! Driving experience unlike any other."

Great SUV

By on Saturday, June 28, 2008

"I was looking for something that would be sporty, roomy and handle a NH winter. This vehicle does everything in a stylish way. The car is plenty fast and handles well, plus can haul 5 people and a boat. The interior is sporty and comfortable and everything is very easy to use. This is the best vehicle I have owned, (having a Jeep and two BMW's before). The only drawback is winter wheels. The vehicle looks great with the summer 19 inch wheels, but changing to 18 inch turbo winter wheels is unfortunate."

Find Deals Near You vehicles for sale matching Porsche Cayenne near Honolulu. See local deals