2005 Porsche Cayenne

Based on 163 Ratings for the 2003 - 2010 models.

By on Wednesday, September 19, 2007

"2004 S model w/ 32,000 miles. Average 12 mpg/20 mpg road. Bought the 19" tires to start, then for winter I got 18" wheels so I could get the Pirelli Scorpion. Love the performance, quality, hate to put down the back seats. Gladly buy another one. Positive suggestions- auto headlights, easier back seat lowering, go on a diet/solid feeling but could loss some weight to improve performance."

This is my favorite vehicle

By on Thursday, July 12, 2007

"Having owned only foreign cars, the Porsche Cayenne is my favorite! Grew up with MGBs, MGBGTs, Jags, 2 944s and a 911 with a whaletail! Eventually moved to Mercedes for 18 years. Last year test drove and bought my 2006 Porsche Cayenne. It is black with dark gray interior and it is a 'head stopper.' More people have commented on this car than any other I have owned. I have not had one problem with it. The engineering, finishes are all superb. It is a joy to drive and corners so well you forget you are in an SUV. Just go test drive one and fall in love!"

Cayenne Turbo

By on Friday, January 20, 2012

Pros: "FAST, fun and the top of the hill"

Cons: "Expensive maintenance and acquisition cost"

"This is one awesome vehicle and an absolute joy to drive! With the 20" turbo wheels and al the options available there is almost nothing that can touch this vehicle in all areas including driving, performance, quality, ride and appearance. As a long time Porsche owner I am used to the higher than average costs for maintenance. The Cayenne is no different and would shell shock those who are not used to these costs. Outside of that there is little to fault with the CTT. I absolute love driving it and compare that to driving a 911 Turbo, X5, Mercedes E63 AMG as current rides. It is a personal favorite of mine. Overall the car is excellent and I would highly recommend it to those looking for a super car in and SUV!"

Finest vehicle I have ever owned!

By on Tuesday, November 15, 2011

Pros: "Much more vehicle for the money than others."

Cons: "Service costs are high, but with longer intervals."

"Never really paid attention to the Cayenne until I was talked into driving one right after driving an Escalade. Unbelievable! Handles like a sports car, goes ANYWHERE in the snow with locking differentials, gets good gas mileage for how fast and sporty it is. Bought it as a CPO with full warranty at the same price as much lesser SUV's. It's a blast."

Great SUV

By on Wednesday, May 26, 2010

"I bought this certified used 2005 V-6 Cayenne in 2007. Driven by the wife of an MD (according to service records). All services done at the local Porsche dealership. I now have 56,000 miles on it and love it. Quiet on the highway. Ultra stable in sand, mud, snow, and smooth as silk with a heavy load. No squeaks, rattles, or buzzes. Not too big/not too small. Lots of room for 4 large adults on a longer trip. No real problems with anything. Goes through a set of tires every 25,000(ish) miles. Only negatives - wish I'd bought the V-8 for power as the V-6 is a bit sluggish off of the line. Hates stop-and-go traffic - has a tendency to "buck" when chugging along. At cruising speeds, no problems keeping up (or beating) the pace of traffic. I get 16mpg in city driving and 21-22mpg on the highway. Will run on cheap gas but prefers premium (same gas mileage but better performance with premium). Generally ugly appearance seems to intimidate slower drivers on the road so they get out of your way. Once out of warranty you will want to take it to a non-Porsche shop for service as Porsche charges outrageous prices for parts and labor. I will seriously consider trading this in (down the road) on the new hybrid Cayenne or on a Cayenne GTS. Would love the Cayenne Turbo but prices are rather stiff for that beast."

Find Deals Near You vehicles for sale matching Porsche Cayenne near Honolulu. See local deals