2013 Porsche Boxster

9.7

Based on 22 Ratings for the 2013 - 2018 models.

9.9/10
    9.8/10
    10.0/10
    9.7/10

constantly being complimented

By on Thursday, September 29, 2016

Pros: "looks and driving experience"

Cons: "hard to get in and out of as I age"

"I have owned numerous luxury, sports and performance cars but none that draw the attention of this car. when out driving it is always complimented. Taking it on Wisconsin's rural roads is exhilarating. You don't have to go top end to have a ball driving this car. Taking corners and accelerating from them is fabulous. Make sure you have everything set before heading out as you will soon be in total attention mode. The car needs you to keep it on track."

Extremely fun car to drive

By on Monday, December 4, 2017

Pros: "handling, convertible"

Cons: "blind spot"

"I would have gone with a Cayman except that getting in and out is tough with the narrow opening. I chose an S model because it was the best price for the options that I wanted. I bought a CPO car because I couldnt afford a new one with all the options I wanted. The handling is what makes this car amazing. It goes exactly where you point it, with almost no under or oversteer (tires do make a difference though). The car has more power than it needs but it is not the fastest car around. I find myself easily going over 90 when not paying attention. Braking is also very good. The only negative is the rear blind spot; even with F&R sensors, having a backup camera is a must when the top is up. Service is pricey but unless you drive many miles, its once a year and oil changes can be done by a DIYer. The mid-engine design means you will hear the motor, especially if you have the sports exhaust option. The Bose surround works well but not with the top down and going more than 85mph. I used to drive a manual but I have gotten used to the PDK - it certainly shifts faster than I could. Nice to have in traffic. Ventilated and heated seats are nice options to have in a convertible car. The 981s are the last flat 6 cylinder version of the car which some people favor."

The best

By on Monday, October 15, 2012

Pros: "Trilled by the entire package"

"I traded a 2010 Boxster for a 2013 Boxster base. THe new car is superior in every way. The ride has improved immensely and the body structure is unbelievably solid. I live on North Michigan Ave in Chicago and drive in a lot of heavy traffic and the stop start function is incredible. The other feature of the PDK which is incredible is that it coasts on the highway when you back off your speed. the engine reves go to 1200 rpm and when you accelerate the car engine react instantaneously. The sport position on the transmission quicken acceleration response. Every little detail has been improved, e.i quality of the turning lever, the cup holders, interior design and quality. and last but not least the handling has been measurably improved. the car is a sublime driving experience!"

Excellent fun to drive car

By on Tuesday, March 5, 2013

Pros: "Fun to drive"

Cons: "No place to hang or store a hat. Pricey"

"Traded in a 2006 Boxster for 2013. Car is a completely different animal. Much faster, tighter and more fun to drive. It is very comfortable. I drove the car from New York to Florida and had no road fatigue or back discomfort. Living in Florida, the top is hardly ever up, but when those quick rains come, 9 seconds to put the top down on the fly is nice. The car is a real head turner. Only 3 negatives. The 2006 had a solid plexiglass windscreen which filtered out noise so well that you could talk on a bluetooth going 80 mph without the other person hearing wind noise. The 2013 boxster has a mesh windscreen which is extremely noisy and cold at night. 2nd negative is the slide to move the seat forward had the hook facing upward so you could hang a hat on it. The 2013 has the hook going down so there is no place to put a hat. 3rd negative. They removed the storage cabinet behind the driver. I would highly recommend the car. In my opinion the straight boxster is plenty fast so the "S" for $10k extra is not needed. If you get the car enjoy it. It is an everyday driver for me. I have a six speed and the clutch is light and the throw is short and tight. You will love this car."

This is the best sports car.

By on Wednesday, November 30, 2016

Pros: "Extremely fun to drive and forgiving"

Cons: "Could use 50 more horsepower."

"A mid engine Boxster with GTS horsepower, 911 wheels and brakes and you have the best handling, most fun car ever. I've driven a lot of cars in the years but this one is the most precise and forgiving to drive. Everything is in perfect balance with the low center of gravity."

Find Deals Near You vehicles for sale matching Porsche Boxster near Honolulu. See local deals