2018 Porsche 911 Consumer Reviews

53 transactions
in the last 30 days
within the U.S.
Transaction Data

This meter represents a sample range of recent transaction prices for vehicles of the same year, make and model as the vehicle specified, but sometimes with a different style and/or equipment. Analyzed transaction prices exclude taxes, DMV fees, documentation fees, other dealership charges and any available rebates or incentives.

10/8.0

9.7

Based on 22 Ratings for the 2012 - 2018 models.

9.9/10

Fantastic performance, but...

By on Thursday, February 18, 2016

Pros: "performance, sound, looks"

Cons: "electrical and mechanical reliability is subpar"

"This is the third 911 I've purchased new. My previous was a 2010 997 with PDK (by Aisin). I sold it at 73,000 miles. I had many electrical and mechanical problems during warranty and post warranty. EGV replacement took 45 days (45 days at dealer), excessive oil consumption with no improvement, window regulator failure, NAV system failure, ABS failure, numerous check engine lights, and leaking sunroof. The only part that didn't fail was the PDK and lighting. Interestingly, those two are made in Japan. The new 2015 I bought has been almost the same amount of problems, thus far. Last November, I lost power during a highway drive. Turned out three cylinders failed and I was driving a three-banger. The repair took over 20 days. This is a great performer and looker but comes with its problems."

Favorite car yet, out of 9 cars in 11 years

By on Sunday, July 29, 2012

Pros: "Fun to drive - Truly sporty- comfortable"

Cons: "No heads up display or lane departure warning"

"Traded 2012 BMW 650I for this baby with NO regrets. This car out performs any car I've driven. It's comfortable, newly designed, very smooth,great options, elegantly beautiful,practical for everyday driving. Hands down the most solid car I've owned. No heads up display option but I'll learn to live without it. Console & controls directly in reach making it remarkably easy to utilize, comfortable 14 way adjustable seats. Interior and exterior lighting options are convenient for exiting when dark, adaptable lighting shifts automatically, hugs the road,electronic steering feels great to me. Performance is amazing! Porsche kept with that ever so lovely engine sound that is unmistakable but changed almost everything else in this generations 911 S ( compared to the 2010 ) LOVE MY NEW CAR! The only reason I gave it a 9 out of 10 is because it is missing a few options I'd like."

A DREAM CAR LEGEND WORTH EVERY PENNY!

By on Friday, August 30, 2013

Pros: "A True Sports Car with Luxury Amenities."

Cons: "Cup holders are too shallow, drinks can tip over."

"Just bought my first Porsche- 2014 911 4S Cabriolet. So far it's the best car I've ever owned. I have a Mercedes GL and a BMW X5 as daily drivers, have owned 3 of each brand in the past, but neither company ever had the same quality as this Porsche. PDK Transmission, Heated-A/C Ventilated Seats, Touch Screen HD Audio/Navigation, Windscreen with the push of a button, Sport Packages, Keyless Entry and Startup, all are must haves for the experience! Step up and don't skimp on options or you'll be sorry. Quality soft top makes it an easy to clean car (Tip- just wax the wheels to rinse off brake dust). Don't forget to buy a battery tender, you'll need it if it's a weekend only driver."

Fastest car I have ever owned

By on Monday, February 29, 2016

Pros: "engine and cornering limits"

Cons: "low front end, but that is what makes it handle"

2015 Porsche 991 GT3

"This is truly a race car for the street. For the last 15 years I have been a competitor in national SCCA races. I have raced everything from a spec Miata to a Porsche 930 turbo. The first time on the track with this car I ran 5 seconds faster than my fastest lap in a pure race car. This was 100% stock, no race setup, no race tires. The PDK was the biggest reason I hesitated in buying this car. This is the first "automatic" I have ever owned. But on the track or around town it is so quick I understand why Porsche does not want to give up the performance and install a manual. The engine is the high point of this car. After the long break in period the first run to 9000 rpms is mind bending. Going down the front straight at TWS when the car shifts from 2nd to 3rd at 120 mph and kicks you forward, you cannot wipe the smile off of your face. You have to be careful driving in town since the front end is very low. Every curb or driveway is a threat. I have the front axle lift system and feel it should be standard equipment."

2015 Porsche 991 GT3

Best I had

By on Sunday, February 3, 2013

Pros: "Head turner, sports icon"

Cons: "Ride is stiff"

"Had a few other sports cars but this one tops them all. You can feel the quality right away and the performance s outstanding. The ride is not the most comfortable but you trade it for the experience."