2012 Porsche 911

9.7

Based on 22 Ratings for the 2012 - 2017 models.

9.9/10

Fantastic performance, but...

By on Thursday, February 18, 2016

Pros: "performance, sound, looks"

Cons: "electrical and mechanical reliability is subpar"

"This is the third 911 I've purchased new. My previous was a 2010 997 with PDK (by Aisin). I sold it at 73,000 miles. I had many electrical and mechanical problems during warranty and post warranty. EGV replacement took 45 days (45 days at dealer), excessive oil consumption with no improvement, window regulator failure, NAV system failure, ABS failure, numerous check engine lights, and leaking sunroof. The only part that didn't fail was the PDK and lighting. Interestingly, those two are made in Japan. The new 2015 I bought has been almost the same amount of problems, thus far. Last November, I lost power during a highway drive. Turned out three cylinders failed and I was driving a three-banger. The repair took over 20 days. This is a great performer and looker but comes with its problems."

Favorite car yet, out of 9 cars in 11 years

By on Sunday, July 29, 2012

Pros: "Fun to drive - Truly sporty- comfortable"

Cons: "No heads up display or lane departure warning"

"Traded 2012 BMW 650I for this baby with NO regrets. This car out performs any car I've driven. It's comfortable, newly designed, very smooth,great options, elegantly beautiful,practical for everyday driving. Hands down the most solid car I've owned. No heads up display option but I'll learn to live without it. Console & controls directly in reach making it remarkably easy to utilize, comfortable 14 way adjustable seats. Interior and exterior lighting options are convenient for exiting when dark, adaptable lighting shifts automatically, hugs the road,electronic steering feels great to me. Performance is amazing! Porsche kept with that ever so lovely engine sound that is unmistakable but changed almost everything else in this generations 911 S ( compared to the 2010 ) LOVE MY NEW CAR! The only reason I gave it a 9 out of 10 is because it is missing a few options I'd like."

Fastest car I have ever owned

By on Monday, February 29, 2016

Pros: "engine and cornering limits"

Cons: "low front end, but that is what makes it handle"

2015 Porsche 991 GT3

"This is truly a race car for the street. For the last 15 years I have been a competitor in national SCCA races. I have raced everything from a spec Miata to a Porsche 930 turbo. The first time on the track with this car I ran 5 seconds faster than my fastest lap in a pure race car. This was 100% stock, no race setup, no race tires. The PDK was the biggest reason I hesitated in buying this car. This is the first "automatic" I have ever owned. But on the track or around town it is so quick I understand why Porsche does not want to give up the performance and install a manual. The engine is the high point of this car. After the long break in period the first run to 9000 rpms is mind bending. Going down the front straight at TWS when the car shifts from 2nd to 3rd at 120 mph and kicks you forward, you cannot wipe the smile off of your face. You have to be careful driving in town since the front end is very low. Every curb or driveway is a threat. I have the front axle lift system and feel it should be standard equipment."

2015 Porsche 991 GT3

Best I had

By on Sunday, February 3, 2013

Pros: "Head turner, sports icon"

Cons: "Ride is stiff"

"Had a few other sports cars but this one tops them all. You can feel the quality right away and the performance s outstanding. The ride is not the most comfortable but you trade it for the experience."

A DREAM CAR LEGEND WORTH EVERY PENNY!

By on Friday, August 30, 2013

Pros: "A True Sports Car with Luxury Amenities."

Cons: "Cup holders are too shallow, drinks can tip over."

"Just bought my first Porsche- 2014 911 4S Cabriolet. So far it's the best car I've ever owned. I have a Mercedes GL and a BMW X5 as daily drivers, have owned 3 of each brand in the past, but neither company ever had the same quality as this Porsche. PDK Transmission, Heated-A/C Ventilated Seats, Touch Screen HD Audio/Navigation, Windscreen with the push of a button, Sport Packages, Keyless Entry and Startup, all are must haves for the experience! Step up and don't skimp on options or you'll be sorry. Quality soft top makes it an easy to clean car (Tip- just wax the wheels to rinse off brake dust). Don't forget to buy a battery tender, you'll need it if it's a weekend only driver."

Porsche Is Modest

By on Monday, October 19, 2015

Pros: "Everything"

Cons: "Wish I had Two"

"The 911 Turbo S ... will blow your mind with it's all wheel drive handling and 0-60 times. There is no better fun than the launch control that blasts you from a stand still to 60 mph in what I have timed over and over again ( dry road ) in under 3 seconds. It will continue to fly until you say uncle and you will. This car will go as fast as any normal person would want to drive. In saying that it is completely in control with the PSM on it grips the road with plenty of downforce. Porsche is very modest when they say 3.2's.0-60..but... No way it is faster..this thing is a beast off the line and handles the corners equally as well. Absolutely no fine tuning needs to be done to it straight off the showroom floor it is engineered to perfection! Put it on your must have before you die wish list and save your pennies."

Car is in its own class!

By on Wednesday, July 10, 2013

"I have the 911S CAB - 2013. This is the dream car! Amazing to drive - top goes down in 13 seconds...looks like coupe but with the convert top. The design is a killer!! With options - msrp $125K - paid much less brand new. They will discount!! Traded MB SL 550 - no comparison."

One of the last manual, fun to drive vehicles

By on Saturday, July 18, 2015

Pros: "7 speed manual, 3.4 L, great combo for a 911"

Cons: "3.4 L, no park assist"

"In 2013 after searching for months for a replacement for my 2006 manual Cayman S, and receiving no help from the local "stellar Porsche" dealers, I finally found this car for sale myself one state away; went there and bought it outright. It is a standard manual, fairly heavily optioned black Carrera Coup. The only new manual shifting 911 I could find for sale within a reasonable distance from my home. It is not my daily driver. I have driven it weekly since new but has less than 10K after almost three years. It brings a smile to my face every time I get in and turn the key. The 7 speed manual is what makes this car however it almost never sees 7th gear. Mileage is great; probably over 22 around town, 29 on the road. The engine is adequate but I've never met a horsepower I didn't like and this car could use more. Had it been an S, I would have bought it just the same but there were no manual, coup S's for sale in my part of the country that season. Oh, I am not a convertible guy unless I win one in a raffle; and I'm not an order and wait for four months then pay whatever they decide to charge guy either. Without a doubt this is an exceptional sports car and could easily be a daily driver; probably should be. It makes any commute much, much more interesting. You buy these cars for yourself and your own driving pleasure. Expect a new one to depreciate more than 10k per year if you ever intend to trade it in on another new car. That's the price you pay for a little self-indulgence....and worth every penny,"

There is nothing comparable.

By on Friday, June 5, 2015

Pros: "Porsche Turbo S-There is no substitute!"

"You get your money's worth! Once you drive one, you won't settle for anything less!"

great driver, super looking &very good performance

By on Tuesday, August 25, 2015

"super driver, high performance, many more creature comforts than the prior 997 series. great sound with sport exhaust, with performance to match."

Awesome driving experience!

By on Tuesday, April 8, 2014

Pros: "Handling, seemingly limitless power, sophisticated"

Cons: "Pricey options, but worth the cost"

"Driving this car is such fun! Think of excuses to drive the car, including going around the block one more time before going home."

Great car but the seats could be more comfortable

By on Wednesday, October 15, 2014

"Amazing handling, great car! But for those people with broad shoulders this car will be uncomfortable to drive for more than 30 minutes. The seats (even with 14 way adjustable power) are just not that comfortable. Oh well the price you pay to have an unbelievable car with equally unbelievable handling."

Perfect vehicle

By on Tuesday, March 4, 2014

Pros: "Best handling car, comfy, sexy"

Cons: "Expensive"

"There is a resign Porsches are so expensive. They are crafted to perfection. Not comparable to corvettes which are far less quality. Not comparable to BMW M / Audi RS / Mercedes AMG because of the vast difference in driving dynamics. Really only other competitor is the Audi R8, but is currently too outdated, more expensive and less as fun to drive. Will keep this car forever, and purchase more 911's (possibly GT3) in the future."

one of the best driving and exhilarating cars ever

By on Thursday, April 2, 2015

Pros: "awesome acceleration and handling"

"The ultimate Porsche speed/handling/function/quality last of the 997 Turbo S model."

Absolutely spectacular automobile

By on Saturday, June 27, 2015

Pros: "Amazing driving experience...speed + comfort"

Cons: "OMG this car is expensive ($196K paid)"

"Bought the 2014 Turbo S Cab as upgrade from 2010 Turbo Coupe. There are so many great things to point out. The performance is off the charts. Yes, 0-60 is less than 3 seconds, and the launch control allows you to experience that as often as you'd like. The quality of the interior, the upgraded Burmeister sound system, the quality of the ride, are all spectacular. I can't stop driving it. Have put over 10K miles on it in the first year. Yes, it's my daily driver and I absolutely love this car."

This is absolutely the best car I have ever owned.

By on Monday, November 25, 2013

Pros: "Really great car."

Cons: "Minimal luggage space."

"This is my first Porsche and it is one of the best values around. The GTS package has lots of extras at minimal cost. The car drives like a dream, holds the road like glue with lots of power and still gets good gas mileage. I love it!"

What a great car!!

By on Wednesday, April 2, 2014

Pros: "Driving dynamics, reliability, resale"

Cons: "Cost of entry is quite high...but worth it!"

"Fantastic car with great quality and the best driving dynamics. Add in tremendous resale value and it's the best buy in a two-seat car."

Car is in its own class!

By on Wednesday, July 10, 2013

"I have the 911S CAB - 2013. This is the dream car! Amazing to drive - top goes down is 13 seconds...looks like coupe but with the convert top. The design is a killer!! With options - msrp $125K - paid much less brand new. They will discount!! Traded MB SL 550 - no comparison."

Really a great car

By on Friday, April 26, 2013

Pros: "Stability and design"

Cons: "Cost"

"I owned a 2004 911 and loved it. I bought the 911 S Cabriolet and this car is miles ahead of that design. The seven speed manual transition is smooth and the hill hold feature is to die for! The redesign makes the car much more stable and the ride is a lot smoother my previous Porsche."

Great improvement in 991 vs 997

By on Tuesday, July 23, 2013

Pros: "Everything really do like new convertible roof"

Cons: "??"

"Owned previous generation 911 which was great car but the new one hands down much nicer in performance comfort and overall appearance. Electronic blow previous generation away!"

this car

By on Monday, January 6, 2014

Pros: "it is a car"

Cons: "it is not a toaster"

"this is a good car"

this car is one of the cars i will like to buy

By on Tuesday, September 18, 2012

I want this car

"it has beauti it's very reliable and it's a stylish car."

Find Deals Near You vehicles for sale matching Porsche 911 near Honolulu. See local deals