2012 Porsche 911

9.7

Based on 22 Ratings for the 2012 - 2017 models.

9.9/10

Fantastic performance, but...

By on Thursday, February 18, 2016

Pros: "performance, sound, looks"

Cons: "electrical and mechanical reliability is subpar"

"This is the third 911 I've purchased new. My previous was a 2010 997 with PDK (by Aisin). I sold it at 73,000 miles. I had many electrical and mechanical problems during warranty and post warranty. EGV replacement took 45 days (45 days at dealer), excessive oil consumption with no improvement, window regulator failure, NAV system failure, ABS failure, numerous check engine lights, and leaking sunroof. The only part that didn't fail was the PDK and lighting. Interestingly, those two are made in Japan. The new 2015 I bought has been almost the same amount of problems, thus far. Last November, I lost power during a highway drive. Turned out three cylinders failed and I was driving a three-banger. The repair took over 20 days. This is a great performer and looker but comes with its problems."

Favorite car yet, out of 9 cars in 11 years

By on Sunday, July 29, 2012

Pros: "Fun to drive - Truly sporty- comfortable"

Cons: "No heads up display or lane departure warning"

"Traded 2012 BMW 650I for this baby with NO regrets. This car out performs any car I've driven. It's comfortable, newly designed, very smooth,great options, elegantly beautiful,practical for everyday driving. Hands down the most solid car I've owned. No heads up display option but I'll learn to live without it. Console & controls directly in reach making it remarkably easy to utilize, comfortable 14 way adjustable seats. Interior and exterior lighting options are convenient for exiting when dark, adaptable lighting shifts automatically, hugs the road,electronic steering feels great to me. Performance is amazing! Porsche kept with that ever so lovely engine sound that is unmistakable but changed almost everything else in this generations 911 S ( compared to the 2010 ) LOVE MY NEW CAR! The only reason I gave it a 9 out of 10 is because it is missing a few options I'd like."

Fastest car I have ever owned

By on Monday, February 29, 2016

Pros: "engine and cornering limits"

Cons: "low front end, but that is what makes it handle"

2015 Porsche 991 GT3

"This is truly a race car for the street. For the last 15 years I have been a competitor in national SCCA races. I have raced everything from a spec Miata to a Porsche 930 turbo. The first time on the track with this car I ran 5 seconds faster than my fastest lap in a pure race car. This was 100% stock, no race setup, no race tires. The PDK was the biggest reason I hesitated in buying this car. This is the first "automatic" I have ever owned. But on the track or around town it is so quick I understand why Porsche does not want to give up the performance and install a manual. The engine is the high point of this car. After the long break in period the first run to 9000 rpms is mind bending. Going down the front straight at TWS when the car shifts from 2nd to 3rd at 120 mph and kicks you forward, you cannot wipe the smile off of your face. You have to be careful driving in town since the front end is very low. Every curb or driveway is a threat. I have the front axle lift system and feel it should be standard equipment."

2015 Porsche 991 GT3

Best I had

By on Sunday, February 3, 2013

Pros: "Head turner, sports icon"

Cons: "Ride is stiff"

"Had a few other sports cars but this one tops them all. You can feel the quality right away and the performance s outstanding. The ride is not the most comfortable but you trade it for the experience."

Porsche Is Modest

By on Monday, October 19, 2015

Pros: "Everything"

Cons: "Wish I had Two"

"The 911 Turbo S ... will blow your mind with it's all wheel drive handling and 0-60 times. There is no better fun than the launch control that blasts you from a stand still to 60 mph in what I have timed over and over again ( dry road ) in under 3 seconds. It will continue to fly until you say uncle and you will. This car will go as fast as any normal person would want to drive. In saying that it is completely in control with the PSM on it grips the road with plenty of downforce. Porsche is very modest when they say 3.2's.0-60..but... No way it is faster..this thing is a beast off the line and handles the corners equally as well. Absolutely no fine tuning needs to be done to it straight off the showroom floor it is engineered to perfection! Put it on your must have before you die wish list and save your pennies."

Find Deals Near You vehicles for sale matching Porsche 911 near Honolulu. See local deals