1999 Porsche 911

9.5

Based on 216 Ratings for the 1999 - 2004 models.

9.8/10

The only vehicle to own..

By on Friday, December 21, 2007

"I bought my 1999 996 in 2004. It had only 26K miles and now has only 40K. All I have done is suspension, wheels and tires. The car is a dark, midnight, metalic blue and sits about 1" lower then stock with 19" rims. This car is both a joy to drive and look at. For the money, it is a shear delight to drive and stands up well to most others in the same league. Remember, it is an eight year old car and can hold its own with competitors. It may not be the fastest Porsche, but it does very well with just a little suspension work (shocks and sway bar). I am planning to upgrade the brakes for better cornering/acceleration. If you own a 996 and just do what I have done, you will be pleased..."

My favorite car during my 45 years of driving.

By on Friday, December 16, 2011

Pros: "Fun to drive, tight, good fuel economy."

Cons: "Small trunk,"

"I have owned Audis, BMWs, Mercedes, Lexus....I love this car. It is now 10 years old and it drives like a new car. I have replaced a headlight switch and one windshield in my 8 years of ownership."

Fantastic drivers car.

By on Friday, November 4, 2011

Pros: "Fun to drive. Fast, stylish, it still turns heads."

"The Porsche 911 Carerra is a fun, fast, awesome car. It styling is unique and turns heads from both male and females alike! At my age, that's a plus!!!"

highest recommendation

By on Tuesday, June 15, 2010

"have owned for four years; bought a 2002 convertible in 2006, for close to 50k. had 20k miles on it. i would definitely buy again, and in the same fashion: slightly used. otherwise, you will pay 80k for the vehicle. may not be the fastest car on the road, but it has plenty of performance, and it's a porsche with a classic appearance. doesn't really matter if a WRX or 370Z is faster, because when you buy porsche, you're not just buying for speed, you are buying the name. hasn't required a lot of maintenance. dealer claims i need a rear main seal replacement, but i've gotten away without doing the repair for 3 years now. i know it will need to be replaced eventually, a repair that costs over 2k due to labor. so in my case, maintenance can prove expensive, but infrequent. do try to read a little about the vehicle before purchase, so you know what you are getting into, such as the known rear main seal issue. shouldn't be a deal-breaker, and the car is definitely worth the cost."

A DEAL!

By on Monday, January 12, 2009

"I have owned 5 Corvettes, 3 Porsches, 3 BMWs, etc., etc. This is a great car. I would never pay new sticker price, but got one with 30,000. You will not beat the value-period. Runs like a top and is very reliable. The ride is a little rough, but that is a small price to pay for this exotic car!! Corvettes are faster off the line, but they cannot keep up at the upper end on curvy roads. Sell you home and buy one today!"

Find Deals Near You vehicles for sale matching Porsche 911 near Honolulu. See local deals