1999 Porsche 911

9.5

Based on 216 Ratings for the 1999 - 2004 models.

9.8/10

By far the best vehicle I ever owned.

By on Sunday, February 16, 2014

Pros: "Reliability, looks, fun."

Cons: "Lack of technology; leather starting to crack."

"A wonderful car in all respects. Fun to drive, a solid, quality feel, and difficult to give up because it is so reliable."

Great Value Sports Car

By on Tuesday, September 22, 2009

"I bought a manual '00 C4S Cabrio in mid 2009. Had 59K on the clock, two owners and full service record. Price was great considering the engineering in these cars. Its my daily driver and driving it with the top down is the best way to start the day - and the best way to end it. The ride can be a bit rough on the terrible NY streets - but out on the open road its a dream. It is so well built that it really inspires confidence. Maintenance can be expensive - but so far I've changed the pads and filters myself - so am spending less than I was on the dull Japanese car I used to have. The car is so well designed and engineered that the maintenance tasks were actually much easier than expected. The car looks good despite its age - paint polished up well - and the lines are timeless. I would recommend the 911 to anyone who is a serious driver and serious about cars."

Wow!

By on Wednesday, February 27, 2008

"What a blast to drive! Great acceleration, handling and braking. Enormous fun on track days, just put a better brake pad like Pagids on the car for a full weekend at the track. Use mine as a daily driver - ride is a bit firm but not terrible. Carrera and Carrera4 are incredible bargains used - save yourself half the sticker price and still get a car with a long life in it."

out performed

By on Sunday, January 27, 2008

"Have had 1999 911 c-2 coupe for 3 years.. up graded tires and rims.. runs like a champ.. have 49,000 miles on it no problems I am second owner would get another one in a minute.. will keep this 3 to 4 more years.. only put 5000 miles on it a year.. great weekend vehcile excellant gas mileage 28 to 30 mile per gallon.. fun and sporty to drive"

Best supercar for everyday driver

By on Friday, February 22, 2008

"I have a '01 Turbo Carrera and this is my fourth Carrera. These are great cars which have improved over time. Maintenance is good, the ride is comfortable but you still know you're in a sports car, and the performance is there when you need it. Although the comforts aren't quite up to Lexus standards, they're pretty darned close, which is quite impressive given that this is primarily a sports car. While the car wasn't inexpensive new ($140K with options), I'd recommend it as the best car out there if you want to drive a sports car on a daily basis."

A Cabriolet Classic

By on Monday, July 30, 2007

"This is my 3rd Porker but first 4WD and I am still enthralled after more than 100,000 miles. This one is a keeper and I have no intention of selling it yet. The engine just gets better and better - though I did get a new crankshafy courtesy of Porsche USA after 80000 miles. I take it regularly for track days where it performs really well without the hindrance of traffic signals. Tiptronic is just great!"

Best Value High Performance Car

By on Wednesday, October 23, 2013

Pros: "best value of any high performance car"

Cons: "AWD is not for everybody, but I love it."

"I am the 3rd owner of this more rare wide body C4S coupe. It has all the bells and whistles of a stock S model, is silver with light grey interior. The car is stock except for FabSpeed Headers, Cats, Muffler, and Competition Intake, which reduced some weight and added maybe 35-45 horsepower. I have not driven other high performance cars like Ferrari or Lambo, Aston, but this car I guarentee has all the power and handling capability of those cars at a much better value. The acceleration is awesome in 2nd, 3rd , 4th and 5th, i use first to get started only and am only talked about revs to like 4500...this car is so fast and powerful especially for the street. Braking is unreal, and the stock pads are so sturdy and longlasting, and do not sqeak at all under any driving. I know a Ferrari enthusiast who also owns Porche as well, and have to agree that for your money, sturdines, and pure driving experience with incredible power and handling, nothing is equal to a Porche."

Great road car!

By on Friday, August 23, 2013

Pros: "Fun to drive, comfortable"

Cons: "Can't think of any"

"We took the C4S from the Bay Area to Sun Valley, Idaho, 2,200 miles all on the back roads. Very comfortable and a ton of fun. Averaged 23 mpg while crusing 80-90 mph. Very happy overall with the Porsche."

I should have waited!

By on Monday, July 15, 2013

Pros: "Wow! Step on the throttle!"

Cons: "I can't take it on every trip."

"I should have waited, but after 20 years of being an absent Porsche owner I would have been better off going with a normally aspirated 911 4S. Instead, I bought a 2004 911 Cabriolet TURBO. This car is awesome. Every time I turn the key my heart jumps. When you accelerate know before hand where you want to go...because that's where you'll be once you release the brake. I am so very happy with this car. I just wish my wife of 45 years could understand that this beauty is second only to her. She thinks it rides rough. I say it handles precisely...etc. Where ever I go in this car it draws attention. Park it to run into the store and when you return it will have accumulated a small audience."

The only vehicle to own..

By on Friday, December 21, 2007

"I bought my 1999 996 in 2004. It had only 26K miles and now has only 40K. All I have done is suspension, wheels and tires. The car is a dark, midnight, metalic blue and sits about 1" lower then stock with 19" rims. This car is both a joy to drive and look at. For the money, it is a shear delight to drive and stands up well to most others in the same league. Remember, it is an eight year old car and can hold its own with competitors. It may not be the fastest Porsche, but it does very well with just a little suspension work (shocks and sway bar). I am planning to upgrade the brakes for better cornering/acceleration. If you own a 996 and just do what I have done, you will be pleased..."

Find Deals Near You vehicles for sale matching Porsche 911 near Honolulu. See local deals