2008 Pontiac Vibe

Based on 778 Ratings for the 2003 - 2008 models.

Great Car for Driving

By on Friday, May 18, 2012

Pros: "longevity, minor repar costs, 30 - MPG"

Cons: "none."

"I purchased this car new in November of 2002 as a good all wheel drive call for my wife to commute 40 mi each way to work. After about 3 years and 60,000 miles my job changed and so I started driving this car since. It is a FANTASTIC car for somone who is in rep for their company and does alot of driving. Since the beginning i have changed the oil around 3000 to 3500 each time, transmission fluid 50,000, first tune up came at 190,000 i tried to get a tune up at 100,000 but the mechanic at the dealer said the plugs looked like they were new. Let me talk about the AWD this car is like a tank, i have driven to make appointments in unplowed driveway (mine - flat) thru 12 inches of snow and looked back and could see the outline of the under carriage, my job takes me to construction sites and i have amazed contractors with f-350 what i can drive thru. I have not done any major work on this car just the normal stuff tires, brakes, struts, i am now having to replace the caalytic converter (231K), i am not buring any oil, tranmission shifts good and I plan on driving this car a long time 300 miles. I average about 30k a year for work."

This car meets all my expectations- best value

By on Saturday, September 15, 2012

Pros: "It is fun to drive, it is easy to park and load"

Cons: "The right head light is hard to change"

"I purchased the Vibe because it was comfortable for me (5ft3) and for my husband(6ft 2)and large. We are retired and cost and maintenance are excellence. Our son loves it. It has Baby seat hooks for our grandchild. We have changed the catalytic converted,had new breaks done, and new spark plugs. Of course we have regular oil changes and transmission care and new tires. At 270,000 miles it still gets 34 mile to the gallon of regular fuel. It does not use any oil. People say it is comfortable when we take guests."

Nice job...Toyota???

By on Thursday, September 6, 2007

"Although this car says Pontiac on the grill, don't be fooled. It is basically a Toyota Matrix. The car is so Toyota in fact, that the gas cap has a Toyota emblem on it!!! I have the 2004 base model and have owned it for 1.5 years. The car is very reliable and rides well. In fact, I often get remarks about the ride quality from people who are expecting less from this soft of car. I also get many remarks about the styling of the car (not bad for a "grocery getter" as some of my friends would call it). But it is funny how my car grows on most people and they begin to love it as well. I bought this car to replace my Ford Explorer in an effort to save gasoline without losing the versatility of a hatchback. The Vibe has delivered wonderfully on both counts. I have almost doubled my gas efficiency without sacrificing much in regards to carrying capacity. In 18 months, the Vibe has yet to fail me on a Home Depot run....it has done everything I expected from the Explorer admirably. All this fanfare does not come without a few asterisks. This being a mid-sized car it is a bit underpowered with a 1.8 liter 4-cylinder engine. Pulling out in traffic can be risky to say the least and make sure you have plenty of room before executing a pass. And turning on the A/C can really tax the engine at times. Using the cruise control and the A/C can cause the car to gear up just to climb the smallest of hills. My second but less pronounced complaint would apply to any car I imagine. Although Pontiac boasts a 34 mpg rating on this car, after 18 months I am averaging more like 30 mpg highway. In everyday driving, I am getting 27 mpg overall. Not too bad for a car of this size, but with technology the way it is today, I guess I just expect a little more. A very nice car especially if you are looking to downsize from your SUV. If they could just give the car just a bit more zip, it would earn a 5 star overall rating from me."

PONTIAC VIBE - GREAT LITTLE CAR

By on Sunday, November 27, 2016

Pros: "Reliable and great gas mileage."

Cons: "It is a small car."

"For those who do not know, the Vibe is a Toyota Matrix in a Pontiac body. I bought a two year old Vibe in 2007 to use for work. I drive 40-45,000 miles a year. Several years later I needed a pick up and gave the Vibe to my wife. She has driven it since with no mechanical problems. It now has 277,000 miles and is going strong. I would recommend these cars for anyone looking for dependability and great gas mileage."

Of 50+ cars, this has been the most reliable EVER

By on Tuesday, September 6, 2016

Pros: "Lots of space in a small size, RELIABLE, good mpg"

Cons: "maybe paint / clearcoat, economy ride quality"

"This was our first of 5 Vibe / Matrix / Corollas and the best in terms of reliability. I was so impressed, I did not hesitate to buy the other 4 when a need for another car came around. I research all my cars thoroughly and have been an avid car reader and home mechanic for 36+ year. These Vibes fit my criteria perfectly - reliable, good mpg, space efficient, easy to work on (if you ever need to) and affordable. The magazines agree - Consumer Reports Best Buy and Recommended Buy, US News best small wagon, Car and Driver and Road & Track highly regarded."

Find Deals Near You vehicles for sale matching Pontiac Vibe near Honolulu. See local deals