2005 Pontiac Sunfire

8.0

Based on 464 Ratings for the 2000 - 2005 models.

wow 270000 miles and still driving the beast

By on Thursday, August 11, 2011

Pros: "everything is a pro"

Cons: "cons i guess would be idk"

"i bought this car have been driving it like crazy as you can tell as long as you stay true to oil changes and maintain the vehicle you should not have any trouble"

Love my car so not sure why I would trade it

By on Wednesday, December 3, 2014

"My 2000 Sunfire has 170K on the odometer. Can I buy a new or used car - sure - do I want a car payment - no. Of course had the normal items to repair - tires, brakes, transmission, water pump etc. But I love my car and if I buy another car - will keep my Sunfire.."

BEST CAR FOR THE MONEY W/GREAT GAS MILAGE

By on Friday, January 3, 2014

Pros: "great fuel milage and really fun to drive"

Cons: "Body has a tendency to rust right behind doors"

"I bought this car just as a get around and have fallen in love with it. The drivability of this car is great, suspension is tight, steering is tight and very sporty. The fuel milage is fantastic as I do alot of city driving and am still averaging over 24mpg but when I took it on a trip, I averaged close to 30 mpg for a 1200 mile trip."

My favorite car

By on Thursday, May 16, 2013

"Great for a petite female. And great for hauling stuff,the back seat lays flat. i own rental homes and it fits a 4 x 8 piece of plywood or drywall. i have male family members who feel cranped in this little car. And the back seat is only good for kids. The only repair I've to make is the electronic speeodometer and gas guages went out ... a $600.00 repair"

My '05 Sunfire was, and still is my first car

By on Monday, June 18, 2012

Pros: "Comfy, fuel efficent, small, reliable"

Cons: "Made from plastic, cup holders in weird spot"

"I bought my Sunfire in 2007 and I've had it for about five and a half year (June 2012). It's a GREAT starter car, for sure because of it's size and maneuverability. It's only given me problems a few times, as follows: My radiator inexplicably malfunctioned at about 3 years old (2008), but my temperature gauge worked and I was able to get it replaced under warranty. At about 5 years old (in 2010) the plastic interior pieces (like the casings around the door handles, door panels, etc.) started rattling when driving. Annoying, but not a big deal. I've had to replace the bracket holding the muffler in place about 4 times now, as they rust through very quickly due to salt exposure in the winters. Expect to spend about $20/year on these if you live in the northern states, as Sunfires have no brackets that are made out of better material. At about 6 years old (in 2011) my instrument panel started malfunctioning. First it was my gas gauge that crept into my speedometer numbers, so it looks like I have a REALLY full tank. My "check gauges" light still works when I have low gas, so it's not my tank. Then my digital odometer short circuited and the numbers are there, but illegible unless read immediately after turning the car on. Currently (2012) my tachometer is beginning to falter and will not read my engine RPM's if it's hot out. However, when it's cold out (below about 50 degrees), my engine won't settle into the final gear. It will rev up to about 3,000 RMP's in fourth gear until the engine warms up but that's probably a quick fix by replacing the transmission filter. But aside from these few things, it's a great first car because it's SUPER comfortable to drive long distances, it's reliable because things still work, even though the instrument panel my not. And it's easy for Dad to do basic maintenance, like the oil changes and brake replacements! *Thanks, Dad!* And it's fuel efficient. I get about 26 MPG in the winter and about 30 to 32 in the summer if I don't run the AC (that still works) all the time. I drive equally between city and highway. It's a bit hard to get out of the back seat, being a coupe and the trunk isn't very spacey (as the hinges come WAY down into the trunk and don't allow for much storage) but it's PERFECT for the (new) driver that doesn't use it for hauling a lot of people and/or stuff around. It gets me from A to B and fits nicely and easily into parking spaces. If it had four doors, I'd buy another in a heartbeat, but maybe with a better designed trunk!"

Find Deals Near You vehicles for sale matching Pontiac Sunfire near Honolulu. See local deals