2001 Pontiac Sunfire

8.0

Based on 464 Ratings for the 2000 - 2005 models.

Bought at 190000, still going strong

By on Monday, January 23, 2017

Pros: "Reliable, fun, sporty, efficient"

Cons: "cup holders wont hold JUMBO drinks. Oh well."

"I bought this as a used vehicle at a time when I had only $2000 to my name. It has been 3 years and I regret NOTHING. The vehicle currently has over 230000 miles and while I've had to make a few expected repairs here and there, with a tune up immediately after purchase and regular maintenance, the engine and transmission are strong and continue to serve me faithfully while sparing me a new car payment, be it the daily commute or long road trips. The fuel economy is impressive for something non Honda/Toyota/Nissan, the bucket seats are extremely comfy and the sound system defiantly withstands the test of time. A sturdy little unsung gem."

KEEPING THIS CAR UNTIL THE DOORS FALL OFF!!!

By on Sunday, May 31, 2009

"I have a 2005 Sunfire - purchased it with 10,000 miles, now has 60,000. Here we are 4 years later, and all that I have had to do is regular maintanence (i.e. oil change, tune-up), passenger side hub bearing (part costed about $50, and another $20 to put it), rotors and brakes (which does not surprise me, I have been told I drive like mad), and I spent $100 on the door locks (doors did not want to unlock in cold weather with remote or manually). So, spending the $170 for the bearing and doors has been well worth the four years that it has lasted me. It has NEVER left me stranded, and this is the car that I choose to take on the highway (I also have a 2004 Taurus, which I also love, but it stays home when it comes time for long trips). Oh yeah, and I get GREAT gas mileage!!! Lets be honest here, lets not cut this car down because your 7 feet tall, and say this car has no room!!! It is spacious for being a two door, small vehicle. Too bad they quit making Sunfire's, and GM is going through a "crisis" because I would, without a doubt, buy another Sunfire. P.S. This is the first car that I paid off, before it started falling apart! Makes me hate the previous cars I have ownded (Honda, Mitsubishi, and Nissan) even more!!!"

would own another one .

By on Monday, May 23, 2016

Pros: "good beginner car"

Cons: "To low for a tall adult"

"this car was a good auto for my daughter & son , easy for me to work on , great gas mileage & speed pick up for a 4cyl great car but totaled in an accident by bad luck , NO body injured ."

wow 270000 miles and still driving the beast

By on Thursday, August 11, 2011

Pros: "everything is a pro"

Cons: "cons i guess would be idk"

"i bought this car have been driving it like crazy as you can tell as long as you stay true to oil changes and maintain the vehicle you should not have any trouble"

This has been a great car !

By on Thursday, May 15, 2014

Pros: "If you like to shift, if you like to drag ?"

Cons: "Governor cuts in too soon in 1st, but 2nd wow !"

"I purchased new, It has the 2.4 engine, manual - Dual cat back, cold air intake, and a great super charger,factory, and factory body upgrade. This car will fly. Never wrecked, never abused , always serviced, and never raced, but has been in a few short drag races, never beaten, by a 4 cylinder, and whipped a few 6'es. Never been smoked in and it does not smoke, 1/2 qt. oil in 3k miles , at best. One chip in windshield, sealed."

Find Deals Near You vehicles for sale matching Pontiac Sunfire near Honolulu. See local deals