1997 Pontiac Sunfire

7.8

Based on 278 Ratings for the 1995 - 1999 models.

very dependable

By on Tuesday, August 16, 2011

"i loved this car so much. It never had any maintenance problems and was dependable in all encountered situations"

My 97 Sunfire

By on Tuesday, April 27, 2010

"Runs great for a car with 248,000 miles on it. Put work in it over the yeats but nothing you wouldn't expect from any car with very high milage. only major issue was shocks and rack& pinion. Love this car. will never get rid of it. and she can take a beaten"

Exceptional Value

By on Monday, August 20, 2007

"Great gas mileage. Economical. Maintenance is reasonable on this car. Engine still running strong with no major problems at 150K. Had a problem with the air conditioner giving out, but that's it. I'll drive it until it dies.. whenever that is. My family has a couple of GM mechanics that say this car will go until at least 200K if taken care of."

Lasts forever! GREAT FOR NEW DRIVERS

By on Saturday, April 30, 2016

Pros: "Lasts long, cheap repairs, great mgp"

Cons: "1 cup holder, tiny, rusts easier"

"This is my first car ever and I got it 4 years ago and its still in working condition. I live in WI and it can handle slick roads fairly well, which is important. Miles are extremely high since it was a traveling car for the previous owner and I rack on about 50 a day with commute. It is smaller, so it is not a car for taller people as I am 5'2 and fit perfectly whereas my boyfriend 6ft struggles a little bit. In the recently years things have began to go on it, such as brakes, battery, just little things you can expect with so many miles. This car is so tough it went 2yrs with out an oil change(not recommended but I was a stupid teen) and still ran beautifully. I would definitely buy this car, it has a little "kick" you wouldn't expect it to have. Just now the computer is getting messed up, and its time to retire my favorite and only car."

This car saved my life!

By on Monday, April 26, 2010

"I was recently in a car accident - I've had this car since I was 19 I'm now 26 It ran great never had any problems with it - just the regular up keep and maintenance - this car pretty much saved my life - my car was totaled - the air bags went off and I walked away with a broken wrist - It took a good hit - front end was smashed but the dash didn't move or come into my legs - maybe i was just lucky - it was head on - i totally believe the car saved my life - if you are thinking about buy this car for your child for there first car I highly recommend it! I'd still be driving it - I would have driven that car into the ground hadn't it been for my accident - it had 99,548 miles n it worked great!"

Find Deals Near You vehicles for sale matching Pontiac Sunfire near Honolulu. See local deals