1993 Pontiac Sunbird

7.6

Based on 68 Ratings for the 1992 - 1994 models.

A great car !

By on Thursday, February 18, 2016

Pros: "super inexpensive parts ! great gas mileage !"

Cons: "not suitable for tall or obese persons"

"I bought my 1994 Sunbird LE, with 2.0L, manual transmission five years ago as a 'backup' car in case my 95 Volvo died. I got rid of the Volvo two years ago. I am 5'11" and I find it a little cramped in the driver's seat. My 5'4" wife is comfortable in the passenger seat and my huge dog owns the entire rear seat! The car handles well on the road. The gas mileage is great. This car is the cheapest car to maintain than any car I have owned in my life and I am 67! I buy my parts from the internet. This car is mechanic friendly, so many parts are easily accessible! Changing the thermostat is like opening a bottle of milk! You just screw off the cap,remove the old thermostat and insert the new thermostat. Why didn't anyone else think of that? The rear window is great, you can see 360 degrees. the rear windows on most new cars are near useless. I intend on keeping this car for the rest of my life."

loved this car for years

By on Thursday, April 28, 2011

"I bought this car new and it never gave me any problems. I hear about all these recalls cars have today, never had one. Nothing more fun than pulling two latches and pushing a buttun to put the top down at a red light! Or putting it up. While shopping around at dealerships for a convertible one salesman tried to tell me the motor in convertibles go out all the time, the one he was trying to sell me you had to get out and put it down manually. Go figure. The top still goes up and down. oh also I ran this car pretty hard. I kept up with the oil changes and it rewarded me for years. The white top took a little more work to keep nice but I still like the look better than the black (for a chick car lol)"

pontiac sunbird

By on Tuesday, March 23, 2010

"I love this car, it is a straight up champ. I had over heating problems for six months due to a fan motor failure and it overheated at least 50 times and never blew a head gasket or caused any major damage, this car totally pulled it off!"

best stock sports car of the 1990-95 era

By on Sunday, April 5, 2009

"this car is an outstanding peice of work and i would suggest the turbo model to a friend but it wouldnt be a wise choice for any beginners. much too fast to be someones first car."

very reliable

By on Tuesday, February 3, 2009

"I have had my sunbird for quite a while and it is a very good car. I have also had 2 cavaliers that were just like it and i loved those too. this car is comfortable to drive, has plenty of power when you need it and it is very reliable. mine has 180,000 miles on it and it is still running fine even though i have not always takin the best care of it. I would recomend this car to anyone and plan on buying another in the future."

Find Deals Near You vehicles for sale matching Pontiac Sunbird near Honolulu. See local deals