2009 Pontiac G8

9.4

Based on 276 Ratings for the 2008 - 2009 models.

9.7/10

Probably the best car that I have ever owned!

By on Tuesday, December 13, 2011

Pros: "Decent economy, quiet, comfortable ride"

Cons: "Front A pillar is a little thick- blind spot"

"I absolutely love this car! The 6.0 liter engine is very efficient while still being powerful. You cannot really tell how fast your are traveling because there is no increase in road or wind noise as you accelerate. I use the high speed alarm all of the time, usually set at 75 or 80 mph. There is plenty of rear seat leg room, even with the front seat fully extended. The seats are comfortable enough to drive for hours with no back or leg fatigue. Based on my experiences on a long trip, it handles very similar to a BMW; I say this because they are the only cars that keep up with me on the highway. A killer car for the money; very reasonably priced for the type of car it is."

Check engine light on every month

By on Saturday, December 19, 2009

"We purchased our G8 in Feb 2009 and paid too much for it. The price dropped significantly a short time later when GM announced that Pontiac was being discontinued. The car has been in the shop more than it has been in our garage and we are extremely disappointed with it. It has been taken to our local dealer at least once a month due to the check engine light coming on. The pulley/belt has squeaked since the first week even though it has been replaced once already. The electrical system went out completely and took a week to repair, and the entire dash had to be taken apart to do this. This has caused some rattles to add insult to injury. Based on the mostly positive reports here I believe we have a lemon on our hands but GM has yet to make it right other than providing us free oil changes for two years."

By on Friday, July 24, 2009

"This is a great car. We can fit our family of five comfortably and have more than enough power to hold our own against the high dollar foreign cars that are 10's of thousands more. The seats could be a little softer and they should have used the bose stereo system. But other than that, no complaints. This is a fun car to drive."

Great Value

By on Tuesday, July 21, 2009

"This car is straight-out a four-door Corvette. You will realize immediately that this was originally a right-hand drive car. The only thing on the driver's door is the handle. All window, door and mirror switches are on the center console. After a few drives it doesn't seem that different. Many controls seem odd for a GM car....or should I say a Holden/GM car. The sunroof control is VWish and a bit strange. The seat lumbar and tilt are manual controls on the side of the driver's seat. Weird for a GM. On the plus side....auto trans, engine and brakes on top notch. This car is scary-fast. Wheels are significantly unique. Since 2009 and 2010 (maybe) will be the only years a GXP is made this car should be very exclusive. Stereo and climate system are fantastic. Trunk is large. An actual family car if you can stomach the low gas mileage."

strut problems

By on Sunday, September 21, 2008

"the same day i bought this car inoticed unusual binding or pop noise.turns out my struts and or strut bearings were bad.they replaced them from another new g8.still not so sure its perfect.may favor to the right side in alingment.montoring tire wear to see.i only have 1500 miles on this .i love this car but sure could do without these problems"

Find Deals Near You vehicles for sale matching Pontiac G8 near Honolulu. See local deals