2009 Pontiac G8

9.4

Based on 274 Ratings for the 2008 - 2009 models.

9.7/10

I love my G8 GT!!!

By on Monday, January 16, 2012

Pros: "All pros."

"I went to dealership to buy a Chevy Cruze and saw this 2009 (24,500 mi.,excellent cond.) G8 GT and had to have it. GT trim plus sport package and sun roof. What's not to love? Handles great, runs like a champ and is simply beautiful. Oh! Can't forget all the compliments i've gotten for it and heads it's turned, and I have only had it for a week. Sad that GM had to axe it. G8 is truly a great car."

Sports car that fits my whole family

By on Tuesday, December 20, 2011

Pros: "fun to drive, lots of room, efficient for a V8"

Cons: "stock exhaust note is very subdued"

"I had been holding out for a Camaro SS, but when I heard Pontiac was going away, I decided to check out a G8 before it was too late. I was totally blown away by the car, and decided that the small trade off for performance from a Camaro was worth the extra room and comfort. I've had the car for two years, and it's exceeded my expectations. It handles great, very quick, and for having a 6.0 liter, it's fuel efficient (I get around 17 mpg). If you like the rumble of a V-8, I suggest getting a set of Flowmasters. The stock exhaust is very subdued. I've put 32,000 miles on the car, and aside from the after market exhaust and a K"

Probably the best car that I have ever owned!

By on Tuesday, December 13, 2011

Pros: "Decent economy, quiet, comfortable ride"

Cons: "Front A pillar is a little thick- blind spot"

"I absolutely love this car! The 6.0 liter engine is very efficient while still being powerful. You cannot really tell how fast your are traveling because there is no increase in road or wind noise as you accelerate. I use the high speed alarm all of the time, usually set at 75 or 80 mph. There is plenty of rear seat leg room, even with the front seat fully extended. The seats are comfortable enough to drive for hours with no back or leg fatigue. Based on my experiences on a long trip, it handles very similar to a BMW; I say this because they are the only cars that keep up with me on the highway. A killer car for the money; very reasonably priced for the type of car it is."

Wish they continued making this car!

By on Wednesday, October 12, 2011

"This car is one of the most fun cars I've owned. And for the cost, you couldn't get a better value. Full size backseat, lots of engine power, and rear wheel drive!"

Check engine light on every month

By on Saturday, December 19, 2009

"We purchased our G8 in Feb 2009 and paid too much for it. The price dropped significantly a short time later when GM announced that Pontiac was being discontinued. The car has been in the shop more than it has been in our garage and we are extremely disappointed with it. It has been taken to our local dealer at least once a month due to the check engine light coming on. The pulley/belt has squeaked since the first week even though it has been replaced once already. The electrical system went out completely and took a week to repair, and the entire dash had to be taken apart to do this. This has caused some rattles to add insult to injury. Based on the mostly positive reports here I believe we have a lemon on our hands but GM has yet to make it right other than providing us free oil changes for two years."

Find Deals Near You vehicles for sale matching Pontiac G8 near Honolulu. See local deals