2009 Pontiac G8

9.4

Based on 276 Ratings for the 2008 - 2009 models.

9.7/10

Zero Issues

By on Tuesday, October 8, 2013

Pros: "Power, reliability, handling"

Cons: "City mpg"

"Purchased the car for the performance to value ratio. Car is fast, handles well and has lots of room. Been driving it for over 4 years and 113k miles, mostly all highway so easy miles. No repairs needed to date. Just routine maintenance. Gotta be proud of the general for this one,,, and the Aussies."

Big Car Fun

By on Wednesday, December 5, 2012

Pros: "Driviability, fast and delirious, trunk space"

Cons: "No rear cup holder"

"Excellent 4 Door Hot Rod; only drawback is driver side seat trim, replaced three times under warranty and needs to be replaced again."

Wish they continued making this car!

By on Wednesday, October 12, 2011

"This car is one of the most fun cars I've owned. And for the cost, you couldn't get a better value. Full size backseat, lots of engine power, and rear wheel drive!"

Delivers

By on Friday, May 2, 2008

"I LOVE this car; just purchased it 3 weeks ago and I can not stop smiling!! I traded my 2005 Bonneville GPX, and have not missed the car. The G8 is agile, quick, fun to drive and has a killer sound system!!! The gadgets are slick and easy to use (be sure to read the manual). By the way there are a few new interesting things to play with like the CD system. One bad thing no "XM" radio available, but handy "AUX" plug for great sound from an after market system. You have to drive this car "VERY, VERY" fast! Can't wait to see what the G8 GXP will be like. Congratulations Pontiac, I was mad when you discontinued the Bonneville, but the G8 is a nice replacement!!!"

This is the best car that GM ever built.

By on Thursday, May 1, 2014

Pros: "Great styling. Super handling characteristics"

Cons: "None - this car is the best of the best"

"I have had a lot of complements on this car. For a full sized car, the mileage is good at an overall 22+. The style is timeless and it handles beautifully."

Looks good. drives even better.

By on Sunday, May 19, 2013

Pros: "Ride and handling. Looks."

Cons: "stock speakers sound quality. easy fix."

"Don't see a lot on the road. Wish pontiac could of stayed around just to make this one car. I would buy a new one every 4 to 5 years. It's a shame I won't get the chance. Car has a stand out look and drives great. For a big sedan it corners like a little car. Turn the traction off and have some fun. Stays balanced and easy to handle even in a drift."

best car ever

By on Friday, April 19, 2013

Pros: "fun to drive"

"love my g8 gt, bought the car for exterior design & engine ..it's like driving a corvette w/ 4 doors."

My favorite vehicle of all time.

By on Monday, March 26, 2012

Pros: "Sporty yet roomy,,,, love it!!"

Cons: "Pontiac is no longer available"

"Love this car... beauty, power, smooth ride,"

I love my G8 GT!!!

By on Monday, January 16, 2012

Pros: "All pros."

"I went to dealership to buy a Chevy Cruze and saw this 2009 (24,500 mi.,excellent cond.) G8 GT and had to have it. GT trim plus sport package and sun roof. What's not to love? Handles great, runs like a champ and is simply beautiful. Oh! Can't forget all the compliments i've gotten for it and heads it's turned, and I have only had it for a week. Sad that GM had to axe it. G8 is truly a great car."

Sports car that fits my whole family

By on Tuesday, December 20, 2011

Pros: "fun to drive, lots of room, efficient for a V8"

Cons: "stock exhaust note is very subdued"

"I had been holding out for a Camaro SS, but when I heard Pontiac was going away, I decided to check out a G8 before it was too late. I was totally blown away by the car, and decided that the small trade off for performance from a Camaro was worth the extra room and comfort. I've had the car for two years, and it's exceeded my expectations. It handles great, very quick, and for having a 6.0 liter, it's fuel efficient (I get around 17 mpg). If you like the rumble of a V-8, I suggest getting a set of Flowmasters. The stock exhaust is very subdued. I've put 32,000 miles on the car, and aside from the after market exhaust and a K"

Probably the best car that I have ever owned!

By on Tuesday, December 13, 2011

Pros: "Decent economy, quiet, comfortable ride"

Cons: "Front A pillar is a little thick- blind spot"

"I absolutely love this car! The 6.0 liter engine is very efficient while still being powerful. You cannot really tell how fast your are traveling because there is no increase in road or wind noise as you accelerate. I use the high speed alarm all of the time, usually set at 75 or 80 mph. There is plenty of rear seat leg room, even with the front seat fully extended. The seats are comfortable enough to drive for hours with no back or leg fatigue. Based on my experiences on a long trip, it handles very similar to a BMW; I say this because they are the only cars that keep up with me on the highway. A killer car for the money; very reasonably priced for the type of car it is."

Check engine light on every month

By on Saturday, December 19, 2009

"We purchased our G8 in Feb 2009 and paid too much for it. The price dropped significantly a short time later when GM announced that Pontiac was being discontinued. The car has been in the shop more than it has been in our garage and we are extremely disappointed with it. It has been taken to our local dealer at least once a month due to the check engine light coming on. The pulley/belt has squeaked since the first week even though it has been replaced once already. The electrical system went out completely and took a week to repair, and the entire dash had to be taken apart to do this. This has caused some rattles to add insult to injury. Based on the mostly positive reports here I believe we have a lemon on our hands but GM has yet to make it right other than providing us free oil changes for two years."

By on Friday, July 24, 2009

"This is a great car. We can fit our family of five comfortably and have more than enough power to hold our own against the high dollar foreign cars that are 10's of thousands more. The seats could be a little softer and they should have used the bose stereo system. But other than that, no complaints. This is a fun car to drive."

Great Value

By on Tuesday, July 21, 2009

"This car is straight-out a four-door Corvette. You will realize immediately that this was originally a right-hand drive car. The only thing on the driver's door is the handle. All window, door and mirror switches are on the center console. After a few drives it doesn't seem that different. Many controls seem odd for a GM car....or should I say a Holden/GM car. The sunroof control is VWish and a bit strange. The seat lumbar and tilt are manual controls on the side of the driver's seat. Weird for a GM. On the plus side....auto trans, engine and brakes on top notch. This car is scary-fast. Wheels are significantly unique. Since 2009 and 2010 (maybe) will be the only years a GXP is made this car should be very exclusive. Stereo and climate system are fantastic. Trunk is large. An actual family car if you can stomach the low gas mileage."

strut problems

By on Sunday, September 21, 2008

"the same day i bought this car inoticed unusual binding or pop noise.turns out my struts and or strut bearings were bad.they replaced them from another new g8.still not so sure its perfect.may favor to the right side in alingment.montoring tire wear to see.i only have 1500 miles on this .i love this car but sure could do without these problems"

Sweet Machine

By on Thursday, May 22, 2008

"Smoked a M3 today. Ride is smooth. No road noise. Fit and finish is excellant"

American muscle is back

By on Saturday, April 19, 2008

"I also wasn't really looking for a new car but this is just what I've been looking for. Comfortable affordable family saloon with sports-car like performance and handling. It's too soon to be able to assess fuel consumption adequately but it's acceptable so far and you don't buy a 360HP car for economy. No problems so far; just look forward to my drive to work and even volunteer to take kids to practise!"

A Dream Came True!

By on Tuesday, April 8, 2014

Pros: "Performance, comfort, head turner"

Cons: "Premium fuel, gas consumption"

"Owning a full-sized sedan with a manual transmission was a lifelong dream. My Pontiac G8 GXP fulfills that dream daily. I would love to buy another if I could find one with low mileage that's affordable."

A true car enthusiast's ride!

By on Thursday, January 9, 2014

Pros: "Bang-for-buck, LS3!, manual option, looks"

Cons: "Fuel economy, no nav option, Aussie int quirks"

"When I first got into cars back in high school, I thought the E39 M5 was one of the coolest and best looking cars that anyone could ever own. Many car enthusiasts (aka car snobs) still think that since the newer versions have got heavier and, arguably, more complicated. E39 M5's were never cheap to own, both in their initial purchase price, their exhaustive maintenance schedule and if anything breaks plan on taking out a second mortgage. I own a truck that I drive ever day; I had grown tired of driving it on the highway and was looking for a more comfortable car that would be good for the highway, be fun to drive and something special. I started looking at M5's and RS6's since they were hovering around the $20k price range but after researching on their respective forums, I found that I became more and more afraid to buy something like that because of how expensive they were to own. Then I went for a ride in my friend's G8 GXP and I realized this car had everything that I wanted in a car yet it was newer (easier to get a loan), much more reasonable to maintain (most of the consumables are off the shelf Camaro SS parts), and it was uber rare at only 1829 total in production with less than half of that in manual. I started looking for one in January of 2013 and finally picked one up in November of '13 with only 15k miles all stock except for window tint. I absolutely love this car. It is superb to drive in every way. The steering is fantastic, the transmission is great (other than the pesky 1-4 skip shift nuisance), it gets looks anywhere I go, and it makes a fantastic sound from the factory. It's nice and quiet on the highway, averaging around 25mpg straight highway miles. I am seeing 19-20mpg around town depending on how often I dip into that amazing LS3's torque curve. While you won't mistake the interior for an Audi, it is by far one of the best GM interiors I've ever been in and definitely the best interior Pontiac ever put their badge on. The seats are taut but comfortable with good bolstering and lumbar adjustment is a plus. The back seat has a ton of space there is a good sized trunk as well. Styling is, and always will be, an eye of the beholder judgement but I have yet to meet anyone who calls the G8 a bad looking car. It simply has nice clean lines, classic proportions, good wheel-to-bumper ratios and the GXP package ups the aggressive look with a cleaner front bumper and diffuser out back. No gaudy trunk spoilers here, just a nice subtle lip spoiler. The same goes for the badging with only a few "GXP" badges on the outside to hint at it's performance. Truly, this is a fantastic car for any car enthusiast. I simply cannot recommend this car enough for anyone who is looking for a fun to drive sedan. The automatics are supposed to be pretty good from what I've read, and faster to boot, but this car feels like it was meant to be a manual transmission so try to find that option if possible!"

Rear wheel drive V8 sedan, 0-60 in 5.1 sec, rare!

By on Sunday, January 5, 2014

Pros: "The Perfect Sleeper, eye-popping speed."

Cons: "Gas mileage is not that great, but, so?"

"This car is so unique, I still get questions and admiring looks. Only made for 2 years and out of production guarantees that this is a classic in the making. It has the performance equal to a BMW 5 Series at half the price. If you like having a sleeper muscle car that handles as well, this is the car for you. Having a 6 disc CD player is nice as well as the premium sound system."

A Well Kept Secret

By on Monday, September 30, 2013

Pros: "Fun to drive, great price, comfortable"

Cons: "city gas mileage"

"This car is probably the nicest car I have ever owned. Audi, BMW, Mercedes? No thanks. Pontiac did this car right with the GT version. Leather everything, power everything, heated everything, everything everything. Easily the fastest 4door sedan I've ever driven. Extremely safe, looks great. This is a keeper. Won't be selling mine any time soon, driving it until it dies!"

Great Car!!

By on Thursday, July 18, 2013

Pros: "Fun to drive, good milage, get compliments"

Cons: "digital battery gagues kinda tacky"

"Love this car..comfortable, roomy, great looking and powerful an all around great car. Have owned Corvettes, Camaros and Mustangs, this by far is the best."

the best dollar value ,In a performance sedan.

By on Sunday, March 31, 2013

Pros: "Does every thing extremely well"

Cons: "No power seat recliners, Fr pass seat rear travel."

"purchased new in sept 2008.Never had any love for the pontiac brand, & I was concerned about a number of things, no spare tire, no power seat recliners,passenger side leg room less than the drivers.four & a half yrs later it is probably the best all around car I have owned.Maybe it helps to have lower expectations,but the comfort,performace,& reliability have exceeded my wishes.Even the fuel economy is fairly reasonable for a V8.The resale value is another attribute.Feels great to say something good about a car. Go pontiac"

Excellent Driver's Car

By on Thursday, March 29, 2012

Pros: "Priced well, great fun to drive, nice interior"

Cons: "Low qual. components = too many repairs"

"I love this car. It drives, accelerates and brakes very well, it's a joy to drive and looks fantastic. I just wish it was put together better. The more miles I get on it, the more issues that seem to show up and that leaves me feeling like I can't trust it - not great for a 3 year old car. I've had it to the dealer to replace the following items/issues over the past 3 years: Lower Control Arms for front end noise, Gas cap would come loose setting off Check Engine light, Engine Idles rough (no solution), Passenger side seat cover replaced because it was coming apart at a seam, the strut bearing plates are making noise when making a turn, the transmission started shifting bad between the 1-2 shift, the lights flicker, and the power steering assist isn't modulating properly, often lowering assist while using the brake and turning (like while pulling into a parking space) making it a surprise when the wheel becomes very heavy to turn. Seems like I must have a lemon, which is little consolation to me. As someone who really appreciates a well balanced vehicle, I am now looking for a replacement."

a four door corvette and handles and drives better

By on Friday, March 23, 2012

Cons: "could have used better seats"

"for the money the best car ever made by G.M."

Find Deals Near You vehicles for sale matching Pontiac G8 near Honolulu. See local deals