2009 Pontiac G6 (2009.5)

7.8

Based on 1102 Ratings for the 2005 - 2010 models.

G6 Steering Problems

By on Monday, November 3, 2008

"I have had significant problems with the steering problem with this car, which effects the allignment and tire wear. Poor service with the dealership, and you know they are aware of the problem. According to the NHTSA they have had many complaints with steering issues."

Very Reliable running car

By on Sunday, April 3, 2016

Pros: "Fun to drive"

Cons: "Kinda small"

"This has been a reliable car that has served us well. It has a good ride, good acceleration and fun to drive."

Lots of fun for the price

By on Tuesday, September 4, 2012

Pros: "Great price and fun to drive."

Cons: "Must use aftermarket parts and non-dealer labor."

"I have a 2006 Pontiac G6 GT. I bought it new, favored above some import brands because of the 4-wheel disc brakes avail at most trim levels, because it has a very good Torque-to-weight ratio, and because it looks very sleek. I test-drove several cars in the price range before choosing this one, including Toyota Corolla, Volkswage GTI, etc. This one was the best balance of price, performance, and fun, still allowing family car use. Over time, I've had some trouble with the electric steering, but it was covered under warranty. I've replaced all four struts, I'm on my 3rd set of tires, the engine and tranny are working fine, and all the interior mechanicals are working fine. Overall, it's a good experience. Note: had some trouble with my dealership regarding service. Recommendation: Find a reliable local auto repair shop, buy your own parts online, and get the work done away from the dealership. By the way, wider tires really enhance driving on this car, and the electric steering works very well. Too bad GM shut down the Pontiac division."

Would purchase another one

By on Thursday, January 16, 2014

Pros: "Great car to drive, reliable, comfortable"

"Purchased vehicle used. Other than problems you would normally have with pre-owned vehicles, it is rides good,is comfortable to drive. Handles exceptionally well in the snow. Would definitely purchase another one if they did not discontinue the line. Why Pontiac would discontinue the model is beyond me!!!"

By on Friday, July 24, 2009

"I bought a 2009 G6 GXP as a demo with 6,500 miles on it. I know have 12,000 and absolutely love everything about it. Very powerful 252 horspower engine that also gets good gas mileage at 26mpg's. Very comfortable and great styling with the GXP makes it stand out from other G6's. It's a shame Gm is no longer making Pontiac."

Find Deals Near You vehicles for sale matching Pontiac G6 (2009.5) near Honolulu. See local deals