2008 Pontiac G5

8.2

Based on 173 Ratings for the 2007 - 2009 models.

good little daily and long haul driver

By on Sunday, September 23, 2012

Pros: "Good price, sporty, good acceleration, Reliable"

Cons: "Poor clearcoat above windows on doors"

"A resonably priced vehicle and has been extremely reliable to me. i have driven it across the west coast twice now had no problems with it ever. Its a GM product if you take care of it it will take care of you!!! with a few mods here and there it can be turned into a more sportier and way more reliable car then the 2.4 lt GT edition! The only thing i can say is that it was a poor clear coat of paint on the upper portion of the doors. i has peeled and faded off of mine and i have seen it happen to quite a few others. This is a great first car to buy for a student. Or a great car to have your first loan out on. Or just a great commuter!"

not very hardy

By on Monday, March 2, 2009

"We have replaced heater fan twice. A pot hole destroyed a tire, alloy rim, rearaxle, and front strut. Alignment is diffiuclt to maintain. I have had 15 cars and never had issues like this...it just doens't hold up...I hate taking it in to dealer..i am either being ripped off of the car design is weak. Good on gas mileage, performance, styling...value just hasn't been there (lost 1/2 value in 20 months with average mileage)"

Nice Car!

By on Sunday, March 16, 2008

"The G5 is a cute little sporty looking 2 door car. The car has the ability to really pick up and go when you need it and has really good brakes. The gas mileage is about average for a small car. The seating is nice for 2 people. There is really no room for passengers in the back seat. I have taken my G5 camping but loading and unloading my equipment and gear was a real pain. It all fits but it's awkward and very inconvenient. The car has a lot of space to pack stuff in the back seats and the trunk. However, long or bulky items may not go in the car because the trunk opening is very small and the front seats only slide forward so much, leaving a limited amount of space to put things in the back seats. This is definitely not a family car. It's a nice car for a single person or a couple with no children. I get a lot of complements on my car. My car is a happy yellow color. Oh and the AC will about freeze you out of the car. The heater will cook you if you're not careful. The defroster works quickly-especially on the back window."

stability is the best review

By on Wednesday, December 25, 2013

Pros: "very consistent with gas consumption rate"

Cons: "seats are getting that "worn out feeling"."

"have had no major repairs, or costs/breakdowns as yet. very stable, and consistently cost efficient. finally had my first headlight go out. but the repair was very straight forward-and easy for the owner to take care of. wish Pontiac was still in business!"

Awesome Sporty Quick Llittle Car

By on Wednesday, July 31, 2013

Pros: "Drives, mileage, comfort, reliable, sporty"

Cons: "Cramped interior, A/C doesn't blow hard"

"I've had my G5 a year and a half now and I've had no problems with hit. For a small engine it has good acceleration. Fuel economy is between 32-40mpg highway. The car gets better mileage at higher speeds than it does in city. Drives great, takes corners good, great for road trips. Have taken it cross country from Utah to Michigan and back and it did great!! Interior is that of a sports car-- meaning it doesn't have alot of room inside. The backseat really serves no purpose :-) Trunk has TONS of space! Decent Pioneer stereo system. I tinted the windows and put black rims on it and it looks amazing! Handles winter driving better than expected."

Great car to start out with, never many problems.

By on Thursday, July 18, 2013

Pros: "Fun to drive, great on gas, good price."

Cons: "Mine had no cruise which was odd."

"This is a great car that I would recommend to anyone to start out with or for just an affordable little car to cruise around in. Other than standard repairs and the rare big deal it's been very easy to deal with and is comfortable to drive. It has a nice sporty feel when your driving despite only being a 2.2 4-cylinder. Overall I'd have to say I've been a very satisfied G5 owner."

Dissapointing

By on Sunday, September 30, 2012

Pros: "Economicish."

Cons: "Agility, fit and finish and overall value."

"Relatively economical car however low quality and performance. Engine is sluggish and the automatic transmission is clunky. Handling is sloppy for a car of that size but controllable. The 2.2L 4cyl is relatively efficient however the gas gauge is inaccurate. There is 1/8th of a tank above the full line, goes about 35mi, and the last 1/8 drops in roughly 22 miles. I'm averaging 29mpg highway but the lack of cruise control makes for painstaking long trips. Its convenient for my wife and she enjoys it for her around town trips. I would only recommend this for a high school/college age girl who needs a relatively reliable car. I would consider an older Civic or Corolla."

True love!

By on Saturday, March 31, 2012

Pros: "reliability, full economy, low maintenance"

Cons: "small, minor interior issues"

"This was the first car I bought on my own, my first true "grown up" purchase. And I couldn't be more pleased. I have a long commute - I spend roughly 4 hours each day on major highways (and in major traffic) in New England. My G5 has always gotten me to and from work, and elsewhere, safely. Over the past 3 years (I bought it used in late 2009 w/ about 7k miles on it), this car has been reliable and relatively low-maintenance. I did have one random issue at around 60k... had to have the ignition column replaced, and none of the mechanics could explain how or why it happened. Nonetheless... considering how quickly I've put miles on this car, it's held up very well. Great handling. Has performed well in winter weather conditions. Comfortable interior. Happy with the fuel economy. On the flip side - I've had a few minor issues with the interior electrical system. My power locks died @ about 90k, and the stereo system started to act glitchy around the same time (i.e. the rear speakers will occasionallly short out, and then kick back in a few days later). I would definitely recommend the G5 as an awesome "starter car" - great first purchase for a young buyer. Not super convenient for hauling around more than two or three adult passengers... can't speak to traveling with children, but I can't imagine the back row is very conducive to kids / carseats. It will be interesting to see how my girl holds up from here on out - hoping to hit 200k, we'll see :)"

Great reliable car, but kind of cramped.

By on Thursday, January 19, 2012

Pros: "Quick acceleration from a stop and at hwy speeds"

Cons: "small quarters"

"Is a great compact sports car. Quick acceleration and driving ability for the price. Very reliable for starting in cold weather and handles well in any precipitation. But can be cramped with more than two people in the car."

great little car

By on Friday, April 29, 2011

"Great little car REal quick and 34 mpg highway"

Find Deals Near You vehicles for sale matching Pontiac G5 near Honolulu. See local deals