2008 Pontiac G5

8.2

Based on 171 Ratings for the 2007 - 2009 models.

PERFECT first car!

By on Monday, August 12, 2013

Pros: "Fun to drive, perfect first car, pretty"

Cons: "Small back seat- not ideal for families"

"I got this car when I was 16 and had only been driving for 6 months. I could not have asked for a better first car! It lasted through my last two years of high school and 5 years of college. The back seat is small but 2 people have fit back there (although college students will put up with a lot to split gas prices). The trunk opening is small, but I have fit pretty much everything I own in that car going home on summer breaks and such. The rear folding seats help a lot in that situation! The gas mileage is fantastic and it whips around town and can get into some tiny parking spots. Downside is that it did not come with cruise control but I just put an after-market one in and it worked like a dream! Also, it is a sporty looking car. A good wash and some polish makes it look more expensive than it actually was! Now I am moving to Mexico and it will not survive on the bad roads there. I am sad to part with it but I know it is making the new owner very happy!"

Lasting for now

By on Tuesday, September 01, 2009

"I've had my '07 G5GT for 3 years now. I've already put 80,000 miles on it and it's still running great. I do my own oil changes/brakes/tire rotations...ect. The only big complaint I have with it is the trunk, it is a decent sized trunk but the opening is pretty small. Other than that, I have no complaints."

Love the mileage

By on Sunday, May 24, 2009

"I down sized from an SUV. I Love the comfort and the great gas mileage. It is much more comfortable than the Thunderbird I ownd in the '90s. The styling and amenities are great. I get better gas mileage, comfort and dependability from my G5 than my husband gets from his Civic. When together we use my car more often."

I look forward to driving my G5 every day

By on Saturday, June 28, 2008

"I bought the G5 base model 2 months ago. It is a pleasure to get behind the wheel of this car. It has the best engine power and transmission gear ratio's resulting in really good performance from standing start and fuel economy at hiway speeds. The engine is so smooth and quiet, it is hard to tell it is running at traffic light stops. I like the fusion orange color, Pioneer sound, sun roof, smooth shifting auto trans, remote starter, cruise, and the computer information display. Power steering is not mushy. Disc+Drum Brakes are quite adequate. With cruise control engaged, the computer said I was getting 40 mpg at 65-70 mph. In all combined driving I am getting 30.8 mpg. Zero problems in 2 months of driving. The trunk is huge but the opening is small. But I can get my pull cart and golf bag thru the opening with no problem. Larger items can be placed in the trunk from inside the car by folding the rear seats down, which could be a hassle if you need to haul them frequently. The one complaint I have is length of seats is short which provides less thigh support. Seats are also on the firm side. I bought a seat cushion which helps with the seating comfort on longer drives. I bought this car new but it was last years (2007) model and has the 36,000 mile/3 years total plus 5 years/100,000 miles power train warranty. After all the rebates, out of the door price was under $9000 which was absolute steal for a car of this quality & looks."

Great value.

By on Tuesday, February 05, 2008

"I recently got back from a 14 day, 2500 mile tour with a friend's band. We were able to comfortably fit myself and two others, band merchandise, 6 guitars, one amp, and some luggage with the larger half of the back seat folded down. In fact, everyone preferred riding in my G5 to riding in the Grand Cherokee that was also brought on tour (both were packed to the hilt with gear, carried 3 passengers, and had 2/3 of the rear seat folded down. We averaged 32mpg with an overstuffed load on the highway. The notorious blind spot and small trunk openings are a problem at times, but you can work around the trunk issue by loading larger items through the passenger door with one or both of the rear seats folded down. I had one small problem with the handbrake not locking in place which was promptly fixed by my dealer and covered by warranty. Also, the bevel around the sunroof switch would slip out from time to time. Dealer replaced that once and fixed it a second time when it slipped again. Finally, I just pulled down the headliner enough to pinch the metal clips onto the headliner and since then, that problem's been solved. Good value, good on gas. My two minor problems with the car have been resolved and I couldn't be happier."

Find Deals Near You vehicles for sale matching Pontiac G5 near Honolulu. See local deals