2001 Oldsmobile Intrigue

8.2

Based on 370 Ratings for the 1998 - 2002 models.

My first car

By on Tuesday, December 3, 2013

Pros: "smooth driving, looks cute"

Cons: "unreliable"

"This car is super cute and the speakers sound great. However, this car is not the most reliable. I have owned this car for two years and my mom had it for a year before me. In the past three years I have had to replace the motor, the starter, and have had to make many other mechanical repairs. My granny also has this same car and she was had a lot of trouble with her's too. I would not recommend this car unless you like spending your time on the side of the road."

Purchased used and has been excellent value.

By on Thursday, January 19, 2012

Pros: "Very comfortable ride"

Cons: "A bit hard to park because it is a big car."

"Purchased used with 118,000 miles onit. Car now has 175,000 and I have not had any major repairs."

Best vehicle for the dollar amt

By on Monday, December 19, 2011

Pros: "Great price good gas mileage reliable"

Cons: "none very comfortable"

"These cars go for many many miles with very minimum maintenance if you do the routine maintenance they will take care of you!! Thanks GM for a wonderful reliable car with great gas mileage and not a high dollar cost when new!!"

RELIABLE.

By on Sunday, May 30, 2010

"This car is awesome!!! We bought it from a couple that had it forever and she drove it 60 miles highway to work every day. We bought the car for 2K with 207,000 miles on it and its been some of the best money we've ever spent. It's my first car and I've had it for 3 years and I've NEVER been scared of it dying on me up until recently. It currently has 241,000 miles and it's just starting to have problems. Recently, the gas gauge doesn't work (tank holds 16 gallons, can go at least 250 miles per tank so have just been resetting trip meter every time I fill up), something that keeps the battery charged went out but that was a 100 easy fix. Sound system has wiring problems with the back speakers but thats really not too big of a deal cause it still works fine. Car LOOOOOVES the highway. I've taken it on about 10 trips to Colorado (500 miles away) and as long as you have it full before you leave you only need to fill it up once. But it STINKS on city mileage (lucky if you get 20). Just set it the cruise and let it sail. I lived in Boulder, CO (in the mountains) last year, and the car never had any problems driving up or down the Flatirons (REALLY steep road to drive on). Driving down I typically put it in first gear just to save the breaks. Was always a really smooth ride. Is really low, bottoms out on almost every dip, but if you turn sideways a little, it bounces through fine. Seat is uncomfortable for long road trips, but that could just be from how old it is cause none of my friends have ever complained riding with me. Is super spacious, ample leg and head room. Trunk holds a REALLY good amount of stuff, fits my snowboard and luggage. Overall, I've COMPLETELY enjoyed driving this car! Engine still has a lot of pep to it, even after all these miles and as hard as I drive it. (peels out easily and actually does donuts pretty well!) Parents- want a reliable, cheap, good looking car for your student? GET AN INTRIGUE!!! you will NOT regret it."

I love my car!

By on Sunday, September 28, 2008

"I have a 1998 Intrigue, which I bought new. It now has 160,000 miles on it and still runs great. I have had a few repairs, but with 160,000 miles what car wouldn't need some repairs. Recently someone backed into the front of my car. They needed a new rear bumper, but my car had no damage. A witness came over and asked me what kind of car I had because he couldn't believe I had no damage considering how hard I was hit. Everyone keeps asking me when I'm getting a new car, but I have no desire (or need) to get one!"

Find Deals Near You vehicles for sale matching Oldsmobile Intrigue near Honolulu. See local deals