1998 Oldsmobile Bravada

7.5

Based on 196 Ratings for the 1996 - 2001 models.

Taking the good with the Bad?

By on Saturday, December 6, 2008

"Overall I find my Oldsmobile, Bravada to be great on some aspects, and quite poor in other areas. On the "Plus-Side" I live in the north, and I will say that this SUV is great in the snow, with the 4x4, and presumed weight of the automobile. Also, I enjoy having some of the luxuries you'd find in a luxury automobile such as my Cadillac DeVille. I'm able to enjoy heated leather seats in the Bravada, I have a towing Package which is nice, power everything, and for the most part comfortable to travel in, etc... However; I've noticed as the SUV is getting older, it sure seems to be making more noices, and is just a bit louder on the road now compared to when I first purchased this Bravada. Also, that new "SmartTrak" they're using, has broken twice since I've had it. I'd much prefer being able to engage the 4x4 manually, rather than relying on a computer to do this. One more thing...I do realize it is an SUV, but I've got to say, the gas mileage is just awful!! It seems I've got to fill the gas tank all the time. In actuallity I honestly get better gas mileage in my Cadillac than I do the Bravada!! Hope this helps...!! Frank"

workhorse

By on Monday, August 27, 2007

"This is my second Bravada (99). The first I traded had 250k miles. I bought this one with 36k and now have 167k. Have driven it everywhere in all conditions. Hauled lots of stuff and pulled a fully loaded trailer. Pretty much replaced only tires and brakes. The 4.3 V6 is indistructable. I'd still have no concerns driving anywhere in the U.S. Too bad the model was discontinuted."

a good dependable vehicle

By on Sunday, May 5, 2013

Pros: "dependable, easy to drive,comfortable, good visibi"

"responds well,easy to drive,excellent visibility"

01' bravada

By on Wednesday, January 2, 2008

"I had a 93 s10 blazer that was a wonderful vehicle, but age took a toll on the old girl, so I decided to get an 01' bravada (staying with GM and same type of vehicle), and boy, what a mistake that was!! I have had it for right at a year now and it has been nothing but a money pit, I would have been better off keeping the old blazer and spending the money on it! You name it, it probably broke at some point, so far this year I have put about $2500 into repairs, and now the AWD unit is going bad, fast, and as others have said, it is a far cry from a cheap fix, so we are cutting our losses now and moving on to a new vehicle. I would not recommend this SUV to anyone, unless you are flush with money and dont mind expensive monthly repairs."

"It is the nicest Truck I've ever ridden in."

By on Tuesday, April 3, 2012

Pros: "AWD, leather heated seats, climate control"

Cons: "5 Passenger, Lower MPG"

"This is a quote by my son's 22 year old friend. "It is the nicest Truck I've ever ridden in." You will not believe you are riding in a truck. It's got all the bells and whistles of a luxury car, but the power, AWD and solid secure feel of an off-the-road vehicle. You can't kill this car. It just keeps going and going."

Find Deals Near You vehicles for sale matching Oldsmobile Bravada near Honolulu. See local deals