2013 Nissan Xterra

Based on 482 Ratings for the 2005 - 2015 models.

Never Felt Safer!

By on Monday, April 2, 2012

Pros: "safe,comfortable,roomy,good on all terrains"

Cons: "city miles per gallon aren't awesome"

"I have driven MANY cars and I have never felt more safe in a car then when I drive my 2007 Xterra. I have never had any major issues with this this car. I can drive in the snow/rain/ice and never feel like the roads are too dangerous. The truck is stable in all conditions and I would highly recommend this car to anyone looking for an SUV. It doesn't have the best gas mileage for city/suburban drivers..but if that is the only down fall on this truck(and i think it is) then it is absolutely worth buying!!!<3 this truck!"

Some bad but mostly good

By on Sunday, January 29, 2012

Pros: "Power, standard equipment, offroad capability"

Cons: "Soft suspension, defective axle seals"

"The 2006 Xterra, with the Offroad Package, is a great value for the money. With skid plates, 32" tires, rear locker, Bilstien Shocks, and 6-speed manual transmission, the Xterra is far more rugged than other vehicles in its class. However, there are some downsides with the design that are worth mentioning. Even with the Bilstien Offroad shocks the suspension is too soft and prone to bottom out even with light loads or a full back seat. The seals on the rear axle are junk and it is not properly vented. My seals had to be replaced at 30k miles and the axle itself had to be replaced at 90k because water got in the differential. The struts for the rear hatch are weak, and will not function properly in cold weather. Lastly, there is only one recovery hook on the vehicle, the front driver side. These shortcomings can be fixed with simple and inexpensive aftermarket options, and save you lots of frustration and expensive vehicle repairs. I enjoyed everything else about the Xterra. There is plenty of power and performance, even at higher altitudes. It is comfortable to drive and capable offroad, once you address the issued outlined above. Largely, the Xterra walks that fine line between daily driver and offroad capable machine."

Great veichle

By on Friday, December 9, 2011

Pros: "off-road toy, stock, many options.. fun to drive"

Cons: "no veichle is perfect.."

"Dependable, great on gas for a big 6 cylinder. Power is there aswell as looks. Could use softer shocks (if your the winer type). Fits 5 people comfortably.. leg room is good. The rear could always be used as a bed for two..(who said you need a 200000 dollar house on wheels)."

Love my XTerra!

By on Wednesday, November 30, 2011

Pros: "Great price, smooth ride"

"Have not had any problems with this vehicle. Drives very smooth and I have had sooo many compliments on it!"

just what I expected from Nissan

By on Wednesday, November 2, 2011

Pros: "Much more ready muscle than I expected"

Cons: "MPG would be a dissapointment if I was a worker B"

"I've been driving an Infinity I-30 for 10 years and decided that since I am now retired I wanted to have some fun. I live on a canal near the beach, have a boat, own some other goodies which this model is very adaptive to. We have been "buying and holding" Nissans, Infinity, and Datsuns since the early 70s. With few exceptions I have never had a negative experience with these machines. They deliver what you expect for the money and more with dependability as my highest priority. They keep getting better looking year by year too."