2012 Nissan Xterra

Based on 483 Ratings for the 2005 - 2015 models.

just what I expected from Nissan

By on Wednesday, November 2, 2011

Pros: "Much more ready muscle than I expected"

Cons: "MPG would be a dissapointment if I was a worker B"

"I've been driving an Infinity I-30 for 10 years and decided that since I am now retired I wanted to have some fun. I live on a canal near the beach, have a boat, own some other goodies which this model is very adaptive to. We have been "buying and holding" Nissans, Infinity, and Datsuns since the early 70s. With few exceptions I have never had a negative experience with these machines. They deliver what you expect for the money and more with dependability as my highest priority. They keep getting better looking year by year too."

Love my truck!

By on Thursday, September 8, 2011

Pros: "All around perfect SUV."

"I purchased new in 08', Xterra S. 2WD, and 6 speed manual. I average 22mpg running the ac or not, this truck will go through the winters in NC with ease. No mechanical problems, only servicing and the stock tires went over 60,000 ! I have been more satisfied with this vehicle than any other I've owned in over 25 years of driving. It appears to hold its residual value very well, only $4500 less value than the purchase price after 3 years of ownership!"

I Love This Truck

By on Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Pros: "Tons of fun to drive."

Cons: "The famous "milkshake of death""

"I have owned my Xterra for over a year and I love it. The truck rides smooth, and handles great both on road and off road. We put over 20,000 miles on it in the first year vacation and family trips. And heading up north for Christmas with no worries because the 4 wheel drive on this truck will get you there. There are some minor problems with the design, but with a little research and elbow grease you can remedy these problems and have an eXcellent truck. The first problem is the auto transmission/radiator "milkshake of death" where the auto trany fluid eats the bottom of the rad out mixing the fluid and blowing the transmission. This can be fixed by doing a radiator by-pass. There is a extra stock trany cooler on the truck so there are no ill effects. The second problem is if you tow a lot the rear springs can wear out. All you have to do is get some after market springs bolt them on and you are good to go. Still with it's flaws I will buy another Xterra, even looking for one for my wife."

Puts the SPORT back in SUV

By on Thursday, January 27, 2011

"2005 Xterra Off Road 4x4 is quite possibly the most capable SUV that really means business no matter where the road leads you. Comfortable and quiet on the road, unstoppable when the pavement ends, and makes even part time off-roaders look like they know what they're doing. 90k miles on it and still running as well as the day it was new. Gets 20+ mpg on the highway and 17-18 in the city or on the trails. It's definitely tough, but comfortable... a rare combination. Not long on frills... it's like the ads used to say... everything you need... nothing you don't. When this needs to be replaced it will be with another X for sure... I just hope they still make them when that time comes!"

Reliable

By on Saturday, January 15, 2011

"This is a very reliable car! I have owned it for 3 years. I bought it used. I have only done the normal matenience, oil changes, and brakes. It is a great ride on the interstate, but bumpy on rough roads. A truck ride. A little difficult to get in back seat. Not a great family car for that reason only. I would recommend this car!"