2011 Nissan Xterra

Based on 480 Ratings for the 2005 - 2015 models.

Fun and Reliable

By on Monday, August 2, 2010

"I bought my 2006 in 2008 and haven't had a a single problem with it. After having it for 2 years, I can only think of a few minor things I would change about the truck and they are quite petty in my opinion. 1) the driver side a/c vent air flow is blocked by the steering wheel (or maybe my height is the problem). 2) The rear seats cant be folded down flat without adjusting the incline of the front seats. Going back and fourth between all 4 doors to put the seats down is inconvenient. Other than that, the truck is super comfy, rides great, does really well off road, and looks sporty while being a functional SUV. It hauls my great dane and german shepherd wonderfully as well. I get about 17 mpg and I drive A LOT and typically over the speed limit so 17mpg seems acceptable to me. It cleans up easily and I never worry about having a mechanical malfunction, even at 90K miles. Go get one!"

Great Truck

By on Friday, June 4, 2010

"This is a Great Truck and Great Value. It's a truck not a tall station wagon. I like the solid truck ride. I averaged 21.8 MPG on a 400 mile trip (90% highway). Great cargo room. Lots of storage space."

Never Felt Safer!

By on Monday, April 2, 2012

Pros: "safe,comfortable,roomy,good on all terrains"

Cons: "city miles per gallon aren't awesome"

"I have driven MANY cars and I have never felt more safe in a car then when I drive my 2007 Xterra. I have never had any major issues with this this car. I can drive in the snow/rain/ice and never feel like the roads are too dangerous. The truck is stable in all conditions and I would highly recommend this car to anyone looking for an SUV. It doesn't have the best gas mileage for city/suburban drivers..but if that is the only down fall on this truck(and i think it is) then it is absolutely worth buying!!!<3 this truck!"

Some bad but mostly good

By on Sunday, January 29, 2012

Pros: "Power, standard equipment, offroad capability"

Cons: "Soft suspension, defective axle seals"

"The 2006 Xterra, with the Offroad Package, is a great value for the money. With skid plates, 32" tires, rear locker, Bilstien Shocks, and 6-speed manual transmission, the Xterra is far more rugged than other vehicles in its class. However, there are some downsides with the design that are worth mentioning. Even with the Bilstien Offroad shocks the suspension is too soft and prone to bottom out even with light loads or a full back seat. The seals on the rear axle are junk and it is not properly vented. My seals had to be replaced at 30k miles and the axle itself had to be replaced at 90k because water got in the differential. The struts for the rear hatch are weak, and will not function properly in cold weather. Lastly, there is only one recovery hook on the vehicle, the front driver side. These shortcomings can be fixed with simple and inexpensive aftermarket options, and save you lots of frustration and expensive vehicle repairs. I enjoyed everything else about the Xterra. There is plenty of power and performance, even at higher altitudes. It is comfortable to drive and capable offroad, once you address the issued outlined above. Largely, the Xterra walks that fine line between daily driver and offroad capable machine."

Great veichle

By on Friday, December 9, 2011

Pros: "off-road toy, stock, many options.. fun to drive"

Cons: "no veichle is perfect.."

"Dependable, great on gas for a big 6 cylinder. Power is there aswell as looks. Could use softer shocks (if your the winer type). Fits 5 people comfortably.. leg room is good. The rear could always be used as a bed for two..(who said you need a 200000 dollar house on wheels)."

Love my XTerra!

By on Wednesday, November 30, 2011

Pros: "Great price, smooth ride"

"Have not had any problems with this vehicle. Drives very smooth and I have had sooo many compliments on it!"

just what I expected from Nissan

By on Wednesday, November 2, 2011

Pros: "Much more ready muscle than I expected"

Cons: "MPG would be a dissapointment if I was a worker B"

"I've been driving an Infinity I-30 for 10 years and decided that since I am now retired I wanted to have some fun. I live on a canal near the beach, have a boat, own some other goodies which this model is very adaptive to. We have been "buying and holding" Nissans, Infinity, and Datsuns since the early 70s. With few exceptions I have never had a negative experience with these machines. They deliver what you expect for the money and more with dependability as my highest priority. They keep getting better looking year by year too."

Love my truck!

By on Thursday, September 8, 2011

Pros: "All around perfect SUV."

"I purchased new in 08', Xterra S. 2WD, and 6 speed manual. I average 22mpg running the ac or not, this truck will go through the winters in NC with ease. No mechanical problems, only servicing and the stock tires went over 60,000 ! I have been more satisfied with this vehicle than any other I've owned in over 25 years of driving. It appears to hold its residual value very well, only $4500 less value than the purchase price after 3 years of ownership!"

I Love This Truck

By on Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Pros: "Tons of fun to drive."

Cons: "The famous "milkshake of death""

"I have owned my Xterra for over a year and I love it. The truck rides smooth, and handles great both on road and off road. We put over 20,000 miles on it in the first year vacation and family trips. And heading up north for Christmas with no worries because the 4 wheel drive on this truck will get you there. There are some minor problems with the design, but with a little research and elbow grease you can remedy these problems and have an eXcellent truck. The first problem is the auto transmission/radiator "milkshake of death" where the auto trany fluid eats the bottom of the rad out mixing the fluid and blowing the transmission. This can be fixed by doing a radiator by-pass. There is a extra stock trany cooler on the truck so there are no ill effects. The second problem is if you tow a lot the rear springs can wear out. All you have to do is get some after market springs bolt them on and you are good to go. Still with it's flaws I will buy another Xterra, even looking for one for my wife."

Better than Advertised!!

By on Tuesday, February 8, 2011

"Yes, it's not the best on gas, but still better than others. I have a 2007 Off Road. I get 18.2mpg highway and City I get 17.1 mpg, even when on the farm putting it through the ringer I average 15.4 mpg. This vehicle is exactly as advertised, rugged, drives like a truck, takes a beating, haul your kids, dogs, mud covered bikes and cleans up ready for the highway or a nice day on the mountain. If you buy this vehicle expecting something other then a rugged SUV built to get you there, no matter what situation, than go buy something else. It's not luxury, nor is it advertised as such, so the reviews talking about quality and looking at an X5 or MDX, please, look at the what vehicle is made for and compare it to it's equals. This vehicle is the best vehicle I have owned, hands down, not a bad list: 2010 BMW 135i, 2009 C350, 2004 350ZR, 2007 Nissan Maxima, 2001 Toyota Echo, 1995 Ford F150. Looking to buying a replacement 2011 or 2012 in 10 months...:)"