2008 Nissan Xterra

Based on 481 Ratings for the 2005 - 2015 models.

Reliable

By on Saturday, January 15, 2011

"This is a very reliable car! I have owned it for 3 years. I bought it used. I have only done the normal matenience, oil changes, and brakes. It is a great ride on the interstate, but bumpy on rough roads. A truck ride. A little difficult to get in back seat. Not a great family car for that reason only. I would recommend this car!"

Great Value,Little Comfort

By on Monday, June 7, 2010

"I have owned the O/R Xterra for going on 3 years now and have many great things and not soo great things about this SUV. Great powertrain for on and off road, during the east coast winter storms of 09 I tried to get stuck and never did. I have taken about 4 road trips of over 600 miles and I can tell you it can pack a lot a gear but after a couple hours the very non-supportive seats start to hurt the lower back. Great for gear hauling and fun for offroading but if you want some comfort look elsewhere."

Best off-road I've owned

By on Wednesday, October 7, 2009

"I have shipped it to Greece(early 20060), and used it there for serious off-roading. It takes me to places where roads and goats are non-existent and brings me back safely, in style and securely. It does make heads turn and not only because the Xterra is not produced in Europe; in Greece, aside from mine(a 2005 SE model)I only met another one(2003 model) and it was like a long lost-relative reunion. On the highway, I take it up to 110 mi/hr(yes!)and it feels as if I'm doing only(!)85 mi/hr. Great for long hauls, or about town[not the Greek towns where streets/roads are suitable only for small(er)cars],with or without the family! Go get yourselves one!!!You won't be disappointed...on the contrary. Ans as for maintenance:I have 29,000 miles on it and only oil changes,air filter and some windshield wipers have been changed; and the windshield, broken by falling rocks on a mountain. P.S. My daughter owns a 2002 SE and she is just as happy with hers as I am with mine."

Awesome bang for the buck!

By on Monday, August 31, 2009

"I love my 2009 Xterra Off- Road. It was between this and the FJ but the FJ had too many blind spots, low drivers seating, felt flimsy and less power than the Xterra. I took my 09 Xtera to Oregon last year and it plowed over some deep snowed on roads in Portland like nothing. I love the power, interior styling and simplicity of only what you need. The Fosgate sound system is great and the bang for the buck factor can't be beat. Fyi, it rides like a truck...because it is so don't expect a Cadillac ride if you expect to off road it. With that said, it has good road manners and crisp steering. It's great and I love it. Only complaint; where is the outside temp. gauge???"

in love with my Xterra

By on Tuesday, May 26, 2009

"The only problem I have with my Xterra is the dealerships. (All Nissan Dealerships around my area are VERY RUDE) My Xterra is awsome! I have taken off road severaly times, never hit anything on the bottom! It has enough power to move the suv, and very comfy on road trips. every six months my family (myself, husband and two boys four and five years old) ride in this car easliy for 400 miles. The only thing with that is when my boys get bigger there is only little back seat room...We bought ours NEW!"

Wonderful

By on Sunday, April 5, 2009

"Best vehicle I've ever owned...would have another one and will once I drive this until it can't go anymore!"

awesome truck

By on Monday, March 23, 2009

"I have always been a die-hard Chevy guy, but the new ones just were not comfortable for. So I shopped around and tried some of the other "suvs" - although I may not push my trucks that much, I still wanted to buy one that was based on a truck frame, had decent power, looked different than all the others on the road and would allow me to do some off roading and not have to worry about driving in the New England winters. The X was just about the only suv that really fit my requirements and I was sold as soon as I sat down and put my foot on the pedal! There is no stopping this thing. Gas mileage is no worse than other pickups or SUVs I've owned. Looks sharp driving down the road. 26,000 miles and only oil changes and a battery... Only 2 things I would change - 1: everything scratches too easily (paint as well as interior plastic), 2: if the back was just an inch or 2 longer I would be able to put full 6-foot long items in the back (tables, etc) in the back and still close the hatch (not that I do this too often). If they are still making the X when it's time to buy again I will be getting another - and we are so happy with Nissan that we just bought my wife one of their cars today without any second thoughts."

Great Sportsman Trcuk

By on Thursday, March 19, 2009

"I love this car because it allows me to enjoy all my out door activities and then some. Great for fishing, camping, cycling, and any outdoor lifestyle. We bought it to pull our boat and it does so much more. Definitely recommend it to any person with and active lifestyle."

2006 Xterra 2WD

By on Monday, January 26, 2009

"I've had my Xterra for 2 years and no mechanical problems so far. Mileage is terrible 12 city/18 hwy. Ride is stiff, but handling is great. I have 3 kids and it's a great vehicle for all their surf boards and boogie boards. Easy clean surfaces. The paint seems to scratch easily and I'm not happy about the resale, but I plan to keep it until it dies and I only have 13,000 on it now."

Great

By on Monday, October 13, 2008

"This car is so good for people who like 2 camp and do things outdoor. Only down side is gas but what do u expect to get with a suv. this is what i get 15.5/23"