2006 Nissan Xterra

Based on 482 Ratings for the 2005 - 2015 models.

great truck

By on Monday, April 2, 2012

Pros: "fun to drive,great gas milage,and very versatle"

Cons: "wish i got higher tirm pkg,"

"i have owned nissans for last 12 years,the all have been great vehicles,this is my 2nd xterra,the first being a 2001,great on gas,no problems,plan on passing it down to my daughter once she starts driving.prob. will be another xterra too,but with a higher trim pkg,it is a great go anywhere truck and lots of room for all your gear you want to take."

Great Off Raod vehicle

By on Monday, January 2, 2012

"This vehicle does not get stuck ANYWHERE. It will pull Jeeps, Hummers and trucks out of the mud with ease."

capable 4x4 gas hog

By on Tuesday, December 7, 2010

"Purchased a used 2007 S model, 6 months ago. Put 15k miles on it in that time. This vehicle is a truck, not a car, so handles like a truck. I purchased this at a bargain price of $14500, compared to a brand new one, it was a steal. Great time to buy a 4x4 gas guzzler because everyone is buying subaru's and other small AWD cars. Handling: even for a truck, is poor. My Mechanic can't determine why, but it wonders on the road a lot. Just the nature of the X, be prepared for it. It can be tiring to drive on long trips. Quality: Nissan saved a lot of money by building the interior of this car out of cheap plastic components that break, crack, and scratch easily. Seat material is poor. Wear was very apparent when I purchased this used X. Engine is also noisy, and there is some moderate wind noise. I had a 04 X and it seemed to have better quality interior than this new design. Capability: This is where the X shines, very powerful V6, excellent 4x4 capability and tows a 3000 pound boat with ease. Nissan clearly put an emphasis on the capability rather than the interior quality. With all that power comes a price, and it's paid when you fill up. With gas at $3.20+ per gallon, a fill up will cost you $60. That will move you about 350 miles, if you're lucky. Don't buy this car for the mpg! Bottom line: for the 4 to 5 months of snowy driving in the northeast, the X is ideal. You're much safer in this SUV than you are in a small AWD car, and I won't put a price on my family's safety. This is an excellent vehicle. I will buy a new one when this one hits 150K miles."

Fun and Reliable

By on Monday, August 2, 2010

"I bought my 2006 in 2008 and haven't had a a single problem with it. After having it for 2 years, I can only think of a few minor things I would change about the truck and they are quite petty in my opinion. 1) the driver side a/c vent air flow is blocked by the steering wheel (or maybe my height is the problem). 2) The rear seats cant be folded down flat without adjusting the incline of the front seats. Going back and fourth between all 4 doors to put the seats down is inconvenient. Other than that, the truck is super comfy, rides great, does really well off road, and looks sporty while being a functional SUV. It hauls my great dane and german shepherd wonderfully as well. I get about 17 mpg and I drive A LOT and typically over the speed limit so 17mpg seems acceptable to me. It cleans up easily and I never worry about having a mechanical malfunction, even at 90K miles. Go get one!"

Great Truck

By on Friday, June 4, 2010

"This is a Great Truck and Great Value. It's a truck not a tall station wagon. I like the solid truck ride. I averaged 21.8 MPG on a 400 mile trip (90% highway). Great cargo room. Lots of storage space."