2004 Nissan Xterra

Based on 589 Ratings for the 2000 - 2004 models.

By on Wednesday, September 17, 2008

good car for being a SUV

By on Thursday, September 11, 2008

"I really like this car, it dosent get the greatest mileage but for a suv it is a reliable and functionable vehicle"

2002 Xterra

By on Tuesday, September 9, 2008

"This vehicle has been running with NO problems for 7 years. 4x4 is awesome...does extremely well in snow! Definately...a truck ride and noisy but keeps on going! Interior holds up very well even with kids! Highly recommend!"

Great 4-cylinder

By on Friday, September 5, 2008

"I've had my X-Terra for over 6-years now with 65K current mileage. I have the XE model with a 4-cylinder, manual trans. It's not much fun for city driving but loves to climb and be in the snow. It's rated for 3500 lbs. towing which is huge for a 4-cyl. I tow a 1700 lb. trailer up hills with ease. Gearing is low and makes towing fun. I get 22-24 highway and 16-20 when pulling a trailer uphill (depends on the steepness). Only one issue so far and is the same I had with my old Nissan pickup with the same drive train. Gear oil leakage from the top of the gearbox. Makes a mess of the trans and differential. A simple rubber boot fixes the problem. I highly recommend replacing s.p. wires, distributor cap & rotor every 30K on this motor. It'll maintain power, keep it running like new and increase gas mileage."

Waiting for repairs to come

By on Saturday, August 30, 2008

"I owned my XTERRA for five years now, i got it with 48000 miles on it and added another 60000. Never had any mayor repairs so far "Knock on Wood" The only thing i needed to replace was parts of the aircondition wich was quiet costly. I do oil exchanges every 3000 miles or every 3 months ,whatever comes first. i love this car its roomy sporty and reliable but gas milages sucks. Still waiting for repairs to come but after i was reading all these positive reviews from other Terra users i think i might be safe for another 100000 miles"