2004 Nissan Xterra

Based on 586 Ratings for the 2000 - 2004 models.

Great 4-cylinder

By on Friday, September 5, 2008

"I've had my X-Terra for over 6-years now with 65K current mileage. I have the XE model with a 4-cylinder, manual trans. It's not much fun for city driving but loves to climb and be in the snow. It's rated for 3500 lbs. towing which is huge for a 4-cyl. I tow a 1700 lb. trailer up hills with ease. Gearing is low and makes towing fun. I get 22-24 highway and 16-20 when pulling a trailer uphill (depends on the steepness). Only one issue so far and is the same I had with my old Nissan pickup with the same drive train. Gear oil leakage from the top of the gearbox. Makes a mess of the trans and differential. A simple rubber boot fixes the problem. I highly recommend replacing s.p. wires, distributor cap & rotor every 30K on this motor. It'll maintain power, keep it running like new and increase gas mileage."

Waiting for repairs to come

By on Saturday, August 30, 2008

"I owned my XTERRA for five years now, i got it with 48000 miles on it and added another 60000. Never had any mayor repairs so far "Knock on Wood" The only thing i needed to replace was parts of the aircondition wich was quiet costly. I do oil exchanges every 3000 miles or every 3 months ,whatever comes first. i love this car its roomy sporty and reliable but gas milages sucks. Still waiting for repairs to come but after i was reading all these positive reviews from other Terra users i think i might be safe for another 100000 miles"

Fun Vehicle

By on Wednesday, August 27, 2008

"This is a nice SUV. Very sporty and drives like a truck - not a yuppy mobile. Gas mileage is not so great (17 to 18 city, 22 or so highway). The stadium seating in the rear is great. Handles well on the road as well as off road."

Great truck but....

By on Sunday, August 24, 2008

"I love my Xterra, but it lacks alittle performance from under the hood. The truck has great looks and is a workhorse. Great in all weather, rugged, and fun to drive. A very safe feeling vehicle (like a tank). Gas mileage stinks but that's the tade-off. I get between 17 and 19 mpg. The factory stereo is great as well."

nicest vehicle i have owned

By on Saturday, August 23, 2008

"I have just bought my xterra and i really like it a lot and it performs well and every one likes the looks of the suv and the way it handles. i never thought i would own a xterra. or enjoy one as much as i have. I would tell everyone how good a vehicle this is and would reccamend that everyone should try out this vehicle. thsanks so much"