2003 Nissan Xterra

Based on 585 Ratings for the 2000 - 2004 models.

Outstanding!!!

By on Friday, February 8, 2008

"265,000 miles and 7+ years. I drove it off the show room floor and only done normal needed repairs. Excellent truck and still going strong. I will get 300,000+ miles out of her...."

Best, most reliable vehicle we've ever owned

By on Saturday, July 5, 2014

Pros: "Good price, very reliable"

Cons: "not comfortable or powerful enough for long trips"

"This has been the vehicle we've owned the longest. We love it, it's our everyday vehicle, best on gas and maneuvering into tight spots. We own other model vehicles and still love the XTerra the best!!"

My Favorite Vehicle

By on Tuesday, October 15, 2013

"The xTerra is totally understated. The interior is simple, no frills - It offers what you NEED in a Sport Utility Vehicle. It's a SUV that drives like a car. I snowboard and ski a lot. I have plenty of room for my gear, inside or on top, as well as a few passengers and their gear. Has no problems climbing Mt. Baker, Stevens or the occasional snow storm in Seattle. In the 8 Years that I have owned this vehicle I have never had a problem with it! She's at 130,000 miles and still going strong. My next car will be an xTerra!"

Love It!

By on Friday, August 16, 2013

Pros: "Fun to drive, great in snow, mud, and severe rain"

Cons: "gas mileage, rust"

"Over 200,000 miles in 11 years. I own two cars, the other one is an '09 with 96,000 miles. I drive a lot. Only downfall is gas mileage (similar to a Jeep). Great vehicle for hauling kids and hockey gear, camping equipment, and hundreds of books. Stock vehicle is extremely capable off-road. Not too difficult to modify for more advanced or rougher terrain/trails."

best vehicle i have ever owned

By on Sunday, April 1, 2012

Pros: "very fun to drive, and very good day to day driver"

Cons: "bulky and heavy. takes some getting used too."

"Best vehicle I have ever owned. I've previously owned a dodge status, and a Ford F150( in that order) and I can tell out of the two previously stated the xterra is a way better vehicle. Could have a bit more power, but that's all I can really find negative about THE X......coming up at just about 205,000 mi. On the O.G. motor and she is still purring like a lil kitty. Little to no power lost, no rough idling , and low cost for replacement parts makes this suv a sure winner."

Great off road/long trips. Low city mileage.

By on Monday, November 14, 2011

Pros: "Such a fun car, begs to be taken on the trail."

Cons: "City mpg, power windows."

My baby.

"I love my Xterra to bits I wouldn't give her up for anything. However she is an '03 with slight sag on her headliner and mileage of only around 13-14 city. She used to get tons of off road experience and does great on mileage when traveling long distances, for a car of her age/size. Hwy approximately 19-20 mpg. She has never needed new parts or any repairs, has excellent handling (I love how I can feel the road through the steering wheel). Automatic transmission, smooth acceleration, comfortable ride. Rides great in snow/rain you name it she can take it. Totally recommend an Xterra, older ones are cheaper/more reliable. Newer models have lower mileage, and are much heavier etc. Give it love and it will give back."

My baby.

Great Car!

By on Wednesday, November 9, 2011

Pros: "Great in snow, lots of room, reliable, smooth ride"

"Great car for winter! Very reliable car with lots of space! I moved almost my whole house in this vehicle! Great for vacations, road trips. Never had a problem with it. Drives smooth. Had this car for 12 years and only thing I have ever had to do to it is basic services (oil change, brakes, etc.) Recommend you get this car if you are looking for a great looking, reliable, affordable SUV."

Love My Xterra

By on Friday, November 4, 2011

Pros: "Suprisingly affordable for a durable SUV."

Cons: "None!"

"This vehicle does it all! I can haul anything from sheetrock to 5 people and all their snowboard gear!! It will go anywhere! I put BFGoodrich A/T's on and it is unstoppable. The Rockford Fosgate sound system that came stock sounds great...no upgrades needed. Long trips not a problem...seats are quite comfortable and the ride is nice! Would like a little more power and better gas mileage, but they corrected that on the newer models. I will always own an Xterra!!!"

love my xterra

By on Wednesday, October 19, 2011

"I am 6'5" tall and this is one of the best rides I have had. Lots of room for the long trips and comfortable."

Like A Tank

By on Saturday, September 18, 2010

"I've owned my Xterra since 10-04 and it has been nothing but a tank. Living in New England and enduring harsh winters with snow and salt, freezing temperatures and hot summers this Xterra is a champ. I've done simple maintanance and switched over to synthetic oil around 80k. It's not the best vehicle on gas but the Xterra gives much in bang for your buck. Cargo room, a solid 4X4 system, power and stylish looks make it a great choice for someone looking to get into an suv for the first time at a reasonable price. I also would like to mention that my Xterra came from an Enterprise rental fleet. It's a 2004 that I purchased IN 2004 with 15k. Don't let the myth of buying a previous rental vehicle sway your decision. I'm going to keep this Xterra even after i purchase my next one."