2001 Nissan Xterra

Based on 585 Ratings for the 2000 - 2004 models.

Excellent SUV Design, Reliable, Snow driving +++

By on Thursday, July 14, 2016

Pros: "Excellent cold weather vehicle"

Cons: "fuel economy"

"2001 V6 SE driven from 1 to 125,000 miles, only unforeseen repairs: master cylinder (clutch) replacement, fuel pump was faulty. Drives like a champ and religiously maintained. The Body-on-Frame design and tons of mod space is highly sought after for off-roaders and upscaling the vehicle foir snow/terrain handling. I am keeping mine to the grave"

Amazing Truck!

By on Sunday, September 11, 2011

Pros: "Very Fun, Handles Great, Sturdy Parts."

Cons: "Gas Mileage"

"Bought About a Year and A Half ago for 7500, 1 Year Later I have not had to do anything besides maintenance, Oil Changes, Timing Belt(Did it myself) and it still runs Excellently. Love The Body the Handling and the Power. I dont know why people complain about the power on this thing, sure it isnt a Sports car and your not going to win any races but with Overdrive off and skill with a manual you can get some serious Power, At least I do... Anyway Love it Except that it is a very hungry SUV but I will feed it till it dies."

Very dependable, I would buy it again.

By on Friday, August 31, 2012

"I brought the car new in 2000, has over 200,000 miles. No major repairs ever needed. Heating & air, radio, windows still runs good.Great for a family. Do not care for the Stadium seating in the back seat. It makes it hard to back up. Do not like that you can not close the air vents if needed. I would buy it again. Good performance."

My second Nissan

By on Monday, July 2, 2012

Pros: "Cost less then toyotas"

Cons: "Need to improve on the mpg"

"My first I had for 15 years ,this one has 12 I just get tired of driving the same thing for so many years , it's a good investment . Next I hope to get a G35"

GREAT VEHICLE.

By on Tuesday, September 6, 2011

"have owned this veh for 8 years and still a great vehicle.Have not had to do any repairs on this vehicle except for the normal wear items. I would like to buy another one next year."

best vehicle i've ever owned

By on Thursday, January 21, 2010

"i bought this 4 years ago when it had 92k miles on it. it now has 170k and the only thing i have had to do to it was change the thermostat. i make several 1500 mile trips a year and i have no fear when i drive this on said trips. it's excellent in mud, snow especially with the upgraded tires i put on last year. milage is good, i get about 18-20 mpg but you have to keep the rpms down. the only thing i wish it had was a 5 speed auto and maybe a better interior. i plan on buying another when she finally goes."

Daily commuter and weekend warrior!

By on Friday, November 16, 2007

"I've owned my 03 SE since late 04 - it was a dealer demo with only 18K miles on it for $19K, and had the Rockford Fosgate sound package - The only addition I made was a cold air intake and that, by itself, made this beast as powerful as a Supercharged X - in the past 3 years I have put well over 125K miles and while I average 16-17MPG (gas is expensive) I fill er with 87 octane and it purrs just fine. I use this as my daily driver out in the field and have never had a problem (other than a flat tire, knock wood) - I change the oil at 7k miles (I'm cheap) but the mechanic says the oil still has life left when he pours it out. We use the X to tow our Jeep to camp, and have even come down Odessa Canyon in it once when we got lost - it did great for a 2wd. The Xterra is a great all around SUV, it corners well and stops extremely quickly (I have been rear ended 4 times, but the tow hitch has save me from any damage all but once!) - The AC is good for cooling the entire compartment and the Rockford audio system is AWESOME, though with it Nissan could have installed a larger Alternator as when the bass is pumpin the headlights dim a bit. Since it's a 2WD I dont expect it go go where my Jeep does but I'll tell you it has suprised me many times in the snow and on rocky inclines other SUV's would fail on while towing. our kids love it due to the stadium seating they can actually see out the windows in their car seats unlike our old Suburban... The V6 does consume gas, quickly, I estimate about 1$ worth ever 5 miles or so but the amount of gear I can fit inside and on the roof racks makes it worth it. In 2005 we used it to tour the Western US, about 3500 miles in 10 days and it ran like a champ - even at high altitude in the snow and rain... We love our X, if it got better Gas mileage it would be 100% perfect for us! (Hence the 4 stars in performance)... I do plan to get another X when this one quits but I figure that wont be for another 100-200k miles with proper maintenance..."

Rugged and basic - but it runs and runs...

By on Sunday, September 16, 2007

"I've had a 2000 XTerra for eight years. Strengths: In eight years, there has been no defects whatsoever if you exclude a broken taillight! It just runs and runs and runs...! There is an amazing amount of cargo space. (Also, for people that don't mind roughing it: a 6"1' person can lie straight and sleep in the back very comfortably.) The cargo box is a marketing ploy for sure but it actually works. I use it often for wet and dirty stuff. Weaknesses: It's not a race car! It's a truck and you need to drive it like a truck, i.e. nice and easy in the curves. Engine makes a lot of noise when you try to push it."

Best purchase ever made!

By on Saturday, October 19, 2013

Pros: "Great price, comfort, beautiful, safe"

Cons: "NONE"

"My SUV provides comfort and peace of mind. It is the best automobile I have ever owned and I have owned a handful of brand-new vehicles. It stands up to its name...time and time again! If well maintained this SUV is built to last forever. It still runs like the first day I drove it off the lot. I recommend the Xterra above all the rest in its class. So go ahead and test drive one...you won't be disappointed!"

I love this SUV

By on Monday, September 10, 2012

Pros: "Fun To drive, takes whatever I can throw at it"

Cons: "Gas mileage"

"I bought my 03 Nissian xterra just a few months ago I got a great deal on it... I love so many things about it and will likely trade up shortly, I am looking forward to having it this winter in the harsh sk canada winter... Its great for getting my kids where ever they need to go.. I lucked out and got the v6 supercharged engine always has the get up and go I need the only down fall I find is the gas mileage but I think that it is worth it to love what you drive!"