2013 Nissan Versa

7.6

Based on 182 Ratings for the 2012 - 2018 models.

7.5/10
    6.9/10
    7.6/10

For A First Timer or Just Cheap Point A to Point B

By on Monday, October 31, 2016

Pros: "Great Value for the Price"

Cons: "Cheap Prices = Cheap Materials"

"I bought this car 20 months ago, and got an excellent price because gas was cheap, and everyone was buying trucks and SUV's which left the econo-boxes like this one filling up The Dealer's Lot. I needed good cheap transportation for my 60 mile a day commute, and this car stood out as a screaming bargain. The Pros: This car is cheap to buy, and cheap to maintain. 11 Gallons fills her up from bone dry, and that will get you 400 miles till the next time. I average 38.5 MPG in mixed driving. The back seat is roomy enough for my 6 foot plus friends, and the cargo area will hold A Double Bass, An Electric Bass, a bass amp, and two bags of golf clubs. Basically, it is a mini-van in under powered disguise. The seats are comfortable, and the performance, though adequate, certainly isn't going to set your heart to racing. The Cons: Unfortunately, the cheap price is reflected in some of the cheap materials. The seat covers and carpet, at only 20 months and 26,000 miles already look slightly worn. The locks feel cheap, and the doors somewhat tinny. Surprisingly this does not translate to a lot of road noise. The acceleration on mine is actually slightly on the peppy side, but only because I have the 5 speed manual and know how to shift. I certainly wouldn't want to have to count on an automatic tranny to kick the meager 109 hp. into gear when getting on the freeway. The 5 speed is a long chunky throw, but third gear will wind out nicely, and help you keep the car's speed up through turns and corners."

Great for the money

By on Saturday, November 19, 2011

"I bought this vehicle for my wife who travels over 30 miles to work. She loves it. I drive a 2006 Nissan Altima that is a better fit for me. I am 6'2" and 260lbs. The Verssa has a surprising amount of space especially the back seat and trunk. I like the fact that the car has anti lock brakes and stability anti skid electronic braking. Also it has 6 air bags so I feel it is safe for my wife. The ride is excellent and well damped. It is hard to believe this car only weighs 2500 lbs. My wife is not an aggressive driver and is getting a little over 43 miles per gallon. It has dramatically cut our fuel bill. A couple of complaints. One is you have to buy the top SL model to get the rear folding seats. Also there is no center arm rest. Lastly the cup holder in front of the shift hits my lower leg and is uncomfortable to the point that when I drive I must put a pillow between it and my leg. I really wish Nissan would address this annoyance. If you like good handling cars look elsewhere. The handling is competent and secure but not exciting. Other than that great little car. Very solid feel and good quality. For the money it is hard to beat. thanks for reading Ralph"

It's all about the MPG's ~ oh and it's cute too

By on Wednesday, July 11, 2012

Pros: "MPG ~ Price ~ Roomy ~ Looks"

Cons: "A little loud, the CVT takes some getting used to"

2012 Nissa Versa ~ Windows just tinted

"I purchased my 2012 Nissan Versa VS in November 2011 as a commuter car. I currently own a Honda Pilot but with driving 75 miles per day @ 17 mpg it was expensive. With my Versa, I am averaging 38.1 mpg - it’s amazing! The things that I love: the MPG’s of course, price, roominess of the interior (my husband is 6’6” and fits in the front and back seats) the trunk space, Bluetooth, being able to play MP3’s, adaptor for the IPhone/IPod, the look and did I mention the MPG’s? The cons: a little loud (I wear two hearing aides so this is an issue in most cars for me), the CVT takes some getting used to at the 15 mph mark but once you get the hang of it, you are good to go, takes off a little slower when you are used to more power but I cruise at 70 mph on the expressway with no problems. You experience a little more wind resistance / movement than a larger, heavier car. Overall I have been very happy with my Versa and would recommend to friends and family looking to drive on a budget and still have a stylish car."

2012 Nissa Versa ~ Windows just tinted

Very good for the price

By on Wednesday, September 14, 2016

"This is a handy little car for many situations. The hatchback is great for grocery getting or the six bags of mulch I got. 4 normal sized adults can actually get in and out of it"

Excellent gas mileage for getting around.

By on Monday, July 14, 2014

Pros: "Great gas mileage, good price."

Cons: "Not steady in wind, apholstry material is terrible"

"The handling on windy days are dangerous. You get blown all over, the suspension is wrong for that car, it wobbles in the wind and causes you to almost go off the road. You really have to drive slower than speed limit on windy days. Other than that it is a good basic car, clutch sometimes acts up and won't go in gear correctly, but not too often, mostly in reverse, I have to release clutch and then re-adjust it in reverse. Awesome gas mileage, that I will never complain about. The material of the seats are the worst ever. If there is any lint or hair stuck to your clothes it stays on the seats like a dog has been in there. And you can't vacuum it out, I had to get a roll of tape to pull each thing out. Even the detail people tell me they can't get it out. Has a good take off and speed ratio."