2012 Nissan Versa

7.6

Based on 177 Ratings for the 2012 - 2017 models.

7.5/10
    6.9/10
    7.6/10

LOUDest car I've ever driven and I'm 60!

By on Saturday, January 31, 2015

Pros: "Roomy, reasonable visability."

Cons: "LOUD: Very, very loud motor."

"My mother sold me this car after she had it for 2 years, claiming it was too noisy. I had no idea what she meant at the time, but do now. It is a very easy car to drive, roomy and reasonable viewing. However, it is extremely noisy and not available with a larger motor. Either it is not insulated well, or the motor is undersized for the car. I have no idea, but am selling it now and would not recommend it to anyone except for guest, kids, or someone with no hearing."

DO NOT BUY. YOU WILL REGRET IT

By on Friday, January 27, 2017

"Transmission dead. All of the complaints I read transmission dies with no warning signs, no nothing. Nissan is very aware of the CVT Recall and issues. Its a Junk Car. I only had this car for 2 1/2 years and I still have to pay the note."

Roomy, powerful, extremely efficient.

By on Friday, January 10, 2014

Pros: "Great gas mileage, super price, roomy."

Cons: "Stick shift needs tachometer!"

"Perfect commuter or vacation vehicle. Easily hauls four 6 foot plus guys and their golf equipment up and down the mountains of Pennsylvania and still averages 39.3 mpg. The stick shift is the smoothest I have ever owned. Only thing I do not like is it is much too quiet . Almost impossible to hear engine running and without a tachometer it is difficult to pull out if you are listening to music or talking. Nissan missed the boat by not offering a tach in a stick shift but ridiculously includes one with an automatic which has no need ever for one.??? They are not the only company doing this . Oh well it is a great car otherwise and runs very well."

Decent car for what it is.

By on Thursday, September 11, 2014

Pros: "See "complete review"."

Cons: "See "complete review"."

"I purchased this car after being in an accident where I was hit in the back and the insurance company decided to total my car. I did not want to make car payments so I was looking for the least expensive new car I could find and that turned out to be the Nissan Versa S. I have been driving the car for about a month and what I can say is that the car starts every time I turn the ignition and it gets me where I want to go. It is surprisingly roomy as far as head room and room in the back. This car has a 5 speed manual transmission and I find that I drive in 5th gear most of the time as it get to over 3K RPM's by the time you are doing 40 MPH in 4th gear. The car after 3 fuel fill ups is averaging about 35 MPG combined highway and city. Now let me describe the down side of owing this car. This trim besides the A/C, Bluetooth and steering wheel controls for the stereo has no common amenities you would expect in any car made in the past 20 years by a major car company. It has no center storage console or any nice little storage place for things like sunglasses. It does have a crazy deep glove compartment where anything you put in it gets lost. It does not have a trunk release (key only). It has one key lock on the drivers door which makes locking and unlocking the back doors very difficult, especially the way the door locks are designed being put near the inside door handle. The thing that is taking the most getting use to for me is how the gas peddle is so close to the center dashboard column, my right leg rests against this column while driving and it is just not very comfortable. I would have purchased power door locks if that were an option on this trim model but I would have had to go up 2 trim models to get this one feature and I didn't want to pay an extra $3,000 - $4,000 since the goal was to pay as little as possible. I am going to put in some after market power door locks and trunk release to make the car a bit nicer to drive. I am also experimenting with after market center consoles for storage and an arm rest. I also found an interesting little device that fits in a cup holder that has 2 USB ports and 2 12 volt power ports that I can plug into the one existing power port behind the hand brake. It was almost like the people that engineered this car went out of their way to take out any and all of the little amenities that most of us take for grant it in any car. Even the steering wheel controls are ergonomically so badly placed to make them almost unusable. I would have given up those controls and the Bluetooth in a second for what I consider the standard amenities that I have described. All in all the car works for transportation to get from point A to point B but if you drive a lot I would not recommend it, at least not this low end S trim model as it lacks almost any of the creature comforts that most of us spoiled Americans have come to expect in a new car."

Reliable, comfortable, some bells & whistles in SL

By on Friday, February 6, 2015

I want this car

Pros: "Reliable, roomy, excellent gas mileage"

Cons: "Loud at high speeds, some buffeting in strong wind"

"I've driven 60k miles in my 2012 Versa S+ and have been very pleased overall. I want to upgrade to an SL which has more comfortable seats, electric windows & locks, premium audio system, blue tooth, GPS and fog lights. The S+ lacks these extra features. My experience with the Versa has been very positive as far as overall performance goes. Some have complained that it's loud at high speeds and this doesn't bother me, except when I'm giving my GPS voice commands and it doesn't understand because of the ambient noise. The Versa is roomy in the cabin and the trunk. I do a lot of freeway driving and it handles well there unless you're really close to a semi or hit strong wind gusts and then you feel a little buffeting but not it's not that bad. Pickup isn't great but it's adequate on freeway ramps and for passing. If you're looking for a sports car, this isn't it, but the Versa is fun to drive and it gets excellent gas mileage. I've gotten 45-50 mpg on a straight flat road while driving 55 mph. I was looking for an inexpensive car that was reliable, roomy and great on gas, and this is it."