2012 Nissan Versa

7.6

Based on 177 Ratings for the 2012 - 2017 models.

7.5/10
    6.9/10
    7.6/10

Best Gas Saver!

By on Sunday, March 9, 2014

Pros: "Worth the Investment!!! Amazing Exterior look!"

Cons: "Let try to work on interior just a bit!!"

"I love my Versa; gas wise I have been able to park my truck and very seldom uses it because the car pays for itself. What I spent on gas pays the car payment and the gas I used in a week is what I pay in a month on the Versa. I literally put $28-$32 max to fill up and it carries me from Sunday to Monday usually with estimated travel close to 375 miles for every full tank. If I am not going to work I can drive on this gas for about 12 days."

Avoid the CVT

By on Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Reason: CVT Transmission

Pros: "The Color"

Cons: "CVT Transmission"

"I bought the New 2012 Versa Sedan with the auto CVT Transmission in August. I liked pretty much everything about the car except the Transmission. Acceleration was OK and as long as you were not changing speeds it worked well. But if I took my foot off of the gas to slow down for the car ahead of me at 25 or 30 miles an hour then needed to get going again the Transmission would jerk like a car would do if you were driving a stick shift and let the clutch up to soon. It was terrible! I took the car back for this and was told they could not replicate the problem. I heard that the CVT took some getting used to. But I new I could not live with a car that did that. I went back to the dealer and made a deal on the 2012 Versa Hatchback with the 4 speed auto transmission. I am now happy and glad I got rid of that other car. Buyer beware"

It's what I need.

By on Sunday, February 7, 2016

Pros: "Great gas mileage & interior space will surprise."

Cons: "Interior is plain."

"No frills, for sure. But that's who I am. Love the gas mileage I'm getting. It also has plenty of pep for me. First car, or a reliable and inexpensive commute to work, Versa is an excellent choice. It's not a drive across country vehicle, although it could. It'll do fine on trips of just a few hours."

I made the best decision on a limited income

By on Saturday, August 1, 2015

Pros: "worth its value"

Cons: "If you looking to race out of the gates,NOT!"

"This car rides very well, considering the low cost to purchase it. I travel 44 miles back and forth five days a week. During the same week I run my errands around town (about 10 miles). I still come away with gas left over! It's not a get up and go car when you step on the gas, but if you are lookiing to save gas, and look somewhat professional going to work, or look good when going out in the evening this car is pretty good. I have no regrets. This is my second Nissan car purchase."

Comfort & Design at its best

By on Thursday, July 24, 2014

Pros: "great price, room, gas mileage"

Cons: "noise windows, fog up windows wintertime"

"Love love love this car. It is great on gas mileage and is smooth driving. I have owned it for almost two years and the only complaint I have is that the windows fog up during extremely cold days with the heat on. The pressure noise from the back windows when only one window is open. That is it. Not too bad for a car. I travel everywhere and love driving! Great car."