2012 Nissan Versa

7.6

Based on 182 Ratings for the 2012 - 2017 models.

7.5/10
    6.9/10
    7.6/10

Great for the money

By on Saturday, November 19, 2011

"I bought this vehicle for my wife who travels over 30 miles to work. She loves it. I drive a 2006 Nissan Altima that is a better fit for me. I am 6'2" and 260lbs. The Verssa has a surprising amount of space especially the back seat and trunk. I like the fact that the car has anti lock brakes and stability anti skid electronic braking. Also it has 6 air bags so I feel it is safe for my wife. The ride is excellent and well damped. It is hard to believe this car only weighs 2500 lbs. My wife is not an aggressive driver and is getting a little over 43 miles per gallon. It has dramatically cut our fuel bill. A couple of complaints. One is you have to buy the top SL model to get the rear folding seats. Also there is no center arm rest. Lastly the cup holder in front of the shift hits my lower leg and is uncomfortable to the point that when I drive I must put a pillow between it and my leg. I really wish Nissan would address this annoyance. If you like good handling cars look elsewhere. The handling is competent and secure but not exciting. Other than that great little car. Very solid feel and good quality. For the money it is hard to beat. thanks for reading Ralph"

For A First Timer or Just Cheap Point A to Point B

By on Monday, October 31, 2016

Pros: "Great Value for the Price"

Cons: "Cheap Prices = Cheap Materials"

"I bought this car 20 months ago, and got an excellent price because gas was cheap, and everyone was buying trucks and SUV's which left the econo-boxes like this one filling up The Dealer's Lot. I needed good cheap transportation for my 60 mile a day commute, and this car stood out as a screaming bargain. The Pros: This car is cheap to buy, and cheap to maintain. 11 Gallons fills her up from bone dry, and that will get you 400 miles till the next time. I average 38.5 MPG in mixed driving. The back seat is roomy enough for my 6 foot plus friends, and the cargo area will hold A Double Bass, An Electric Bass, a bass amp, and two bags of golf clubs. Basically, it is a mini-van in under powered disguise. The seats are comfortable, and the performance, though adequate, certainly isn't going to set your heart to racing. The Cons: Unfortunately, the cheap price is reflected in some of the cheap materials. The seat covers and carpet, at only 20 months and 26,000 miles already look slightly worn. The locks feel cheap, and the doors somewhat tinny. Surprisingly this does not translate to a lot of road noise. The acceleration on mine is actually slightly on the peppy side, but only because I have the 5 speed manual and know how to shift. I certainly wouldn't want to have to count on an automatic tranny to kick the meager 109 hp. into gear when getting on the freeway. The 5 speed is a long chunky throw, but third gear will wind out nicely, and help you keep the car's speed up through turns and corners."

It's all about the MPG's ~ oh and it's cute too

By on Wednesday, July 11, 2012

Pros: "MPG ~ Price ~ Roomy ~ Looks"

Cons: "A little loud, the CVT takes some getting used to"

2012 Nissa Versa ~ Windows just tinted

"I purchased my 2012 Nissan Versa VS in November 2011 as a commuter car. I currently own a Honda Pilot but with driving 75 miles per day @ 17 mpg it was expensive. With my Versa, I am averaging 38.1 mpg - it’s amazing! The things that I love: the MPG’s of course, price, roominess of the interior (my husband is 6’6” and fits in the front and back seats) the trunk space, Bluetooth, being able to play MP3’s, adaptor for the IPhone/IPod, the look and did I mention the MPG’s? The cons: a little loud (I wear two hearing aides so this is an issue in most cars for me), the CVT takes some getting used to at the 15 mph mark but once you get the hang of it, you are good to go, takes off a little slower when you are used to more power but I cruise at 70 mph on the expressway with no problems. You experience a little more wind resistance / movement than a larger, heavier car. Overall I have been very happy with my Versa and would recommend to friends and family looking to drive on a budget and still have a stylish car."

2012 Nissa Versa ~ Windows just tinted

Very good for the price

By on Wednesday, September 14, 2016

"This is a handy little car for many situations. The hatchback is great for grocery getting or the six bags of mulch I got. 4 normal sized adults can actually get in and out of it"

Excellent gas mileage for getting around.

By on Monday, July 14, 2014

Pros: "Great gas mileage, good price."

Cons: "Not steady in wind, apholstry material is terrible"

"The handling on windy days are dangerous. You get blown all over, the suspension is wrong for that car, it wobbles in the wind and causes you to almost go off the road. You really have to drive slower than speed limit on windy days. Other than that it is a good basic car, clutch sometimes acts up and won't go in gear correctly, but not too often, mostly in reverse, I have to release clutch and then re-adjust it in reverse. Awesome gas mileage, that I will never complain about. The material of the seats are the worst ever. If there is any lint or hair stuck to your clothes it stays on the seats like a dog has been in there. And you can't vacuum it out, I had to get a roll of tape to pull each thing out. Even the detail people tell me they can't get it out. Has a good take off and speed ratio."

2012 Nissan Versa - Nice Ride & looks good!

By on Wednesday, October 10, 2012

Pros: "HUGE back seat, great looks on the 2012 sedan."

Cons: "No center armrest & cheap sun visor or the 2012."

"We just bought 1 week ago a 2012 Nissan Versa SV sedan with sand color interior & magnetic gray paint color & it looks real sharp. I drive a 2009 Versa S hatchback which we bought new & have driven it every day to work with no problems & no visits to the repair shop for anything except oil changes & tire rotation. I wanted to buy a 2012 Hyundai Accent but they are $2000 more & the dealer wouldn't deal on 2013's but the Nissan dealer still had some 2012 Versa so made a deal. The main #1 feature of the Versa is that HUGE back seat leg room which can accomodate both of my 6ft tall sons."

best vehicle ever

By on Thursday, April 19, 2012

Pros: "AIR BAGS, ROOMY INTERIOR, RELIABLE, GREAT GAS MILE"

Cons: "GET UP AND GO IT'S DEFINETLY A 4 CYLIDER,"

SAVED MY LIFE

"i had my nissan straight of the truck with 35 miles, 4 months later i was hit by a armor truck, an 18 wheeler, and a full size silverrado. if i would have been in any other car i would of been killed, THE NISSAN VERSA SAVED MY LIFE."

SAVED MY LIFE

does exactly what it’s intended to do

By on Friday, January 13, 2017

Pros: "Great price, great gas millage, and comfertable"

Cons: "wish it had power locks"

"I purchased a 2015 Versa S sedan in Aug of 2014 because my previous car died and I needed an affordable car that day. The car was a pleasant surprise, it doesn’t have all the bells and whistles but I’m kind of old school anyway. The grand kids think the hand crank windows are fun. It gets outstanding gas millage, it’s comfortable, has excellent back seat leg room and I have no problem putting our pop up canopy, fold up chairs, ice chest and sports equipment in the trunk with room to spare. 30,000 miles later, Dec 2016, the car was totaled in an ice storm after it got caught under a fuel tanker, not as dramatic as it could have been, and I walked away from it. I immediately replaced the car with a 2016 Versa S sedan. Its not a sports car or a luxury car and doesn’t pretend to be either, as far as I’m concerned it does exactly what it’s intended to do perfectly. Just hope I don’t need to purchase a 2017."

Car for commuters, not automobile enthusiasts

By on Saturday, June 21, 2014

Pros: "good ride, quiet ride. large trunk, brakes,"

Cons: "Slow 0 to 25. Slow at highway speeds."

"I purchased an S+. The features are an odd mix. Manual mirrors, windows, door locks! (if you lock the doors the only entry is the driver's door with the key), trunk is only opened by the key outside. Manual windows all around. One step up in the line gets the power windows and door locks that most people want with a car that has an auto trans and cruise/ Bluetooth as standard equipment. The car is like the pro-reviewers have described it. Initial pickup (0 to 25 mph) is slow. Twenty five to 65 mph acceleration is good. Higher speed stuff is fine for cruising (75..80.mph) but passing at that speed range or higher mph is slow. Front seats occupied with larger Americans doesn't mean the back seats are toast. The Front seats with 2 6' 3" people installed still allows 2 five feet 10" chaps room in the back. My son commented that the room in the back (he's 5'7") felt more than the 2011+ Kia Optima. Driving the car is comfortable commuter and not zoom zoom Mazda. The steering is light and braking is strong. Quiet and smooth ride compared to other small cars. Steering is light, fine for me but others seem to equate heavier steering with steering "feel" and sportier driving behaviors. My opinion is that if you need to "feel" what the front tires are doing you should be on a racetrack. I enjoy motorsports. Motorsport driving shouldn't be part of my getting around. That's my opinion feel free to disagree. I get much better than the EPA mileage predictions but my route to work is easy on fuel. So my 2009 Harley 883 gets 57mpg, my 2011 Kia Optima gets 38 mpg, the Versa gets 54 mpg all on the same path. The Sportsters future as my main commuter vehicle is in jeopardy because I'm getting older and A/C and heat during the 1 hour commute to/from work are gaining in value to me. Nissan's CVT operation seems normal to me as I own a "super scooter". For those not used to the CVT my advice is to ignore it. That's correct, don't give it a thought. Need to go faster, push the pedal down. Most of us have had auto trans cars. Same thing with a different way of going about its business.What you need to know is 0 to 20 mph is slow. Then acceleration steps up until 70 mph then it starts to slow again. The S+ dash is oh my simple. If you don't need the Bluetooth indoctrination that the sales person will provide ( I guess it's part of the delivery process) the rest takes about 2 minutes to master. I like the simple dash as my Harley only has a speedometer and a time display. I don't have a smart phone but I was ready to get one after the Bluetooth demo. I keep my vehicles, usually for their lifetimes. My current rides have climate control, backup cameras, Nav systems...etc. The Versa was purchased as a throwback commuter vehicle for cheapest per mile costs and ended up a nice surprise for its' frugal and comfortable way it performs. Best deal. The bottom of the line. AC and manual trans would have gone this way but physical (left knee) limitations kept me out of this area. 2015 models have some minor changes. Front and rear get body changes with a minor center console mods. 2014 models are on the lots and deals are coming. I like my base model 2015 but you all might want the extras that are 2014 available. Best to you all. The Versa is worth checking out Check us out ..."

Wonderful gas MPG over 50 MPG on my trip to LA

By on Tuesday, June 4, 2013

Pros: "MPG, trunk size, rear leg room, comfort"

Cons: "None so far"

"Wonderful gas MPG over 50 MPG on my trip to LA."