2012 Nissan Versa

7.6

Based on 181 Ratings for the 2012 - 2017 models.

7.5/10
    6.9/10
    7.6/10

Excellent gas mileage for getting around.

By on Monday, July 14, 2014

Pros: "Great gas mileage, good price."

Cons: "Not steady in wind, apholstry material is terrible"

"The handling on windy days are dangerous. You get blown all over, the suspension is wrong for that car, it wobbles in the wind and causes you to almost go off the road. You really have to drive slower than speed limit on windy days. Other than that it is a good basic car, clutch sometimes acts up and won't go in gear correctly, but not too often, mostly in reverse, I have to release clutch and then re-adjust it in reverse. Awesome gas mileage, that I will never complain about. The material of the seats are the worst ever. If there is any lint or hair stuck to your clothes it stays on the seats like a dog has been in there. And you can't vacuum it out, I had to get a roll of tape to pull each thing out. Even the detail people tell me they can't get it out. Has a good take off and speed ratio."

2012 Nissan Versa - Nice Ride & looks good!

By on Wednesday, October 10, 2012

Pros: "HUGE back seat, great looks on the 2012 sedan."

Cons: "No center armrest & cheap sun visor or the 2012."

"We just bought 1 week ago a 2012 Nissan Versa SV sedan with sand color interior & magnetic gray paint color & it looks real sharp. I drive a 2009 Versa S hatchback which we bought new & have driven it every day to work with no problems & no visits to the repair shop for anything except oil changes & tire rotation. I wanted to buy a 2012 Hyundai Accent but they are $2000 more & the dealer wouldn't deal on 2013's but the Nissan dealer still had some 2012 Versa so made a deal. The main #1 feature of the Versa is that HUGE back seat leg room which can accomodate both of my 6ft tall sons."

best vehicle ever

By on Thursday, April 19, 2012

Pros: "AIR BAGS, ROOMY INTERIOR, RELIABLE, GREAT GAS MILE"

Cons: "GET UP AND GO IT'S DEFINETLY A 4 CYLIDER,"

SAVED MY LIFE

"i had my nissan straight of the truck with 35 miles, 4 months later i was hit by a armor truck, an 18 wheeler, and a full size silverrado. if i would have been in any other car i would of been killed, THE NISSAN VERSA SAVED MY LIFE."

SAVED MY LIFE

does exactly what it’s intended to do

By on Friday, January 13, 2017

Pros: "Great price, great gas millage, and comfertable"

Cons: "wish it had power locks"

"I purchased a 2015 Versa S sedan in Aug of 2014 because my previous car died and I needed an affordable car that day. The car was a pleasant surprise, it doesn’t have all the bells and whistles but I’m kind of old school anyway. The grand kids think the hand crank windows are fun. It gets outstanding gas millage, it’s comfortable, has excellent back seat leg room and I have no problem putting our pop up canopy, fold up chairs, ice chest and sports equipment in the trunk with room to spare. 30,000 miles later, Dec 2016, the car was totaled in an ice storm after it got caught under a fuel tanker, not as dramatic as it could have been, and I walked away from it. I immediately replaced the car with a 2016 Versa S sedan. Its not a sports car or a luxury car and doesn’t pretend to be either, as far as I’m concerned it does exactly what it’s intended to do perfectly. Just hope I don’t need to purchase a 2017."

Car for commuters, not automobile enthusiasts

By on Saturday, June 21, 2014

Pros: "good ride, quiet ride. large trunk, brakes,"

Cons: "Slow 0 to 25. Slow at highway speeds."

"I purchased an S+. The features are an odd mix. Manual mirrors, windows, door locks! (if you lock the doors the only entry is the driver's door with the key), trunk is only opened by the key outside. Manual windows all around. One step up in the line gets the power windows and door locks that most people want with a car that has an auto trans and cruise/ Bluetooth as standard equipment. The car is like the pro-reviewers have described it. Initial pickup (0 to 25 mph) is slow. Twenty five to 65 mph acceleration is good. Higher speed stuff is fine for cruising (75..80.mph) but passing at that speed range or higher mph is slow. Front seats occupied with larger Americans doesn't mean the back seats are toast. The Front seats with 2 6' 3" people installed still allows 2 five feet 10" chaps room in the back. My son commented that the room in the back (he's 5'7") felt more than the 2011+ Kia Optima. Driving the car is comfortable commuter and not zoom zoom Mazda. The steering is light and braking is strong. Quiet and smooth ride compared to other small cars. Steering is light, fine for me but others seem to equate heavier steering with steering "feel" and sportier driving behaviors. My opinion is that if you need to "feel" what the front tires are doing you should be on a racetrack. I enjoy motorsports. Motorsport driving shouldn't be part of my getting around. That's my opinion feel free to disagree. I get much better than the EPA mileage predictions but my route to work is easy on fuel. So my 2009 Harley 883 gets 57mpg, my 2011 Kia Optima gets 38 mpg, the Versa gets 54 mpg all on the same path. The Sportsters future as my main commuter vehicle is in jeopardy because I'm getting older and A/C and heat during the 1 hour commute to/from work are gaining in value to me. Nissan's CVT operation seems normal to me as I own a "super scooter". For those not used to the CVT my advice is to ignore it. That's correct, don't give it a thought. Need to go faster, push the pedal down. Most of us have had auto trans cars. Same thing with a different way of going about its business.What you need to know is 0 to 20 mph is slow. Then acceleration steps up until 70 mph then it starts to slow again. The S+ dash is oh my simple. If you don't need the Bluetooth indoctrination that the sales person will provide ( I guess it's part of the delivery process) the rest takes about 2 minutes to master. I like the simple dash as my Harley only has a speedometer and a time display. I don't have a smart phone but I was ready to get one after the Bluetooth demo. I keep my vehicles, usually for their lifetimes. My current rides have climate control, backup cameras, Nav systems...etc. The Versa was purchased as a throwback commuter vehicle for cheapest per mile costs and ended up a nice surprise for its' frugal and comfortable way it performs. Best deal. The bottom of the line. AC and manual trans would have gone this way but physical (left knee) limitations kept me out of this area. 2015 models have some minor changes. Front and rear get body changes with a minor center console mods. 2014 models are on the lots and deals are coming. I like my base model 2015 but you all might want the extras that are 2014 available. Best to you all. The Versa is worth checking out Check us out ..."