2012 Nissan Versa

7.6

Based on 179 Ratings for the 2012 - 2017 models.

7.5/10
    6.9/10
    7.6/10

Very good for the price

By on Wednesday, September 14, 2016

"This is a handy little car for many situations. The hatchback is great for grocery getting or the six bags of mulch I got. 4 normal sized adults can actually get in and out of it"

Wonderful gas MPG over 50 MPG on my trip to LA

By on Tuesday, June 4, 2013

Pros: "MPG, trunk size, rear leg room, comfort"

Cons: "None so far"

"Wonderful gas MPG over 50 MPG on my trip to LA."

Probably the least expensive transportation

By on Wednesday, June 15, 2016

Pros: "Very economical, I enjoy the manual transmission"

Cons: "Base model lacks power locks"

"I enjoy driving the manual transmission -- brings back my younger motorcycle days! Also, in our area, the "S" Versa with manual transmission was the least expensive. If you want a CVT transmission, or the hatchback, you pay several thousand dollars more. For those who mentioned the base model does not have a center arm rest, Amazon and Ebay have arm rests that fit in one of the rear cup holders and are actually quite secure! They also don't interfere with use of the hand brake. Cost is $30 - $70. Also, aftermarket remote door locks can be added. Fry's can do it. My 2016 Versa S is replacing a 2010 diesel VW Sportwagen, which cost me almost 3 times as much! The VW is lower to the ground -- hits bottom more often. My 3 kids report that there also is more room in the Versa backseat, although really tall people may hit their head in the back of the Versa. Steering, of course, is not as sure in the Versa. But it seems very nimble in parking and sharp turning situations. I haven't had to have the Versa repaired, but parts seem MUCH less than the VW. I had an air conditioning compressor go out on the VW -- $1,200 for parts and labor (I believe the parts cost was $700 or $900). I saw a Versa air conditioning compressor on Ebay for just $139!!! I liked my VW, but the repair costs were killing me!!! I'm quite impressed with Nissan's cheapest car! My previous experience with Nissan was a 1968 Datsun truck which I owned in the 1970's, and a Nissan truck which I owned in the early 1980's."

Great for the money

By on Saturday, November 19, 2011

"I bought this vehicle for my wife who travels over 30 miles to work. She loves it. I drive a 2006 Nissan Altima that is a better fit for me. I am 6'2" and 260lbs. The Verssa has a surprising amount of space especially the back seat and trunk. I like the fact that the car has anti lock brakes and stability anti skid electronic braking. Also it has 6 air bags so I feel it is safe for my wife. The ride is excellent and well damped. It is hard to believe this car only weighs 2500 lbs. My wife is not an aggressive driver and is getting a little over 43 miles per gallon. It has dramatically cut our fuel bill. A couple of complaints. One is you have to buy the top SL model to get the rear folding seats. Also there is no center arm rest. Lastly the cup holder in front of the shift hits my lower leg and is uncomfortable to the point that when I drive I must put a pillow between it and my leg. I really wish Nissan would address this annoyance. If you like good handling cars look elsewhere. The handling is competent and secure but not exciting. Other than that great little car. Very solid feel and good quality. For the money it is hard to beat. thanks for reading Ralph"

Great for gas mileage.

By on Thursday, August 30, 2012

Pros: "Great gas mileage, lots of interior room."

Cons: "Slow acceleration."

"I bought this car for the good gas mileage and reasonable price. I have been driving it for about 6 months, and overall I have been satisfied. I have averaged about 37 miles per gallon over the life of the car, and I have had no mechanical problems as of now. Although it is not the most stylish car on the road, it does not look bad. I would recommend this car to anyone who is looking to get great gas mileage at a reasonable price without purchasing a used car."

I bought two 2013 Nissan Versa at one time,

By on Wednesday, December 26, 2012

Pros: "Great price, good mpg, decent warranty, big trunk"

Cons: "No armrest, poor accelleration (if you like speed)"

"I bought two 2013 Nissan Versa at the same for less than the cost of a mid-size sedan,(offcourse they gave me a good deal,one reason is to be just honest). Great cars, awesome roomy interior(I am 6'2/275), average 38mpg, I have the manual 5 speed, the other 32 mpg 4-speed automatic. If you are thinking about buying a car, this a fun,simple, reliable, non-flashy ,unoticeable, roomy, comformtable, clean car that will get you from A to B with a family of four, I say give it a look, do you research and think about what you really need and not what you really want."

2013 sedan sv awesome and flawless

By on Monday, October 22, 2012

Pros: "great price fun to drive great mpg nice design"

Cons: "could be more attractive"

"I was concerned about purchasing this because of the 3 year warranty/ 5 year warranty compared to the kia/rio's 5/10 year warranties as well as the more hp and torque of the kiario's vehicles but the versa is spectacular it gives a smoother drive, since i test drove all i chose the versa because it gave me the best ride. acceleration was good when i floor it and mpg is even better. cvt compared to the auto trannys the others have might lag slightly less but with gas prices sky rocketing in la, nearly every other month, its the best option. the handling and braking is a lot better too. hyundai accents and kia rios are good cars too just not as good, the ford fiesta does not compare to those as well as the chevys lower priced models. if you are going to buy a car thats economical like the nissan versa i suggest you decide which of the three, versa, accent and rio, you see yourself and which you feel more comfortable in i found my comfort in the versa and you might too. bought it a few days ago at 16 miles been driving it as much as possible."

Unbelievable milage at an unbelievable price

By on Monday, August 26, 2013

Pros: "High milage (especially highway), winter strong"

Cons: "Underpowered for mountain driving, slow, noisy"

"This car is an unbelievable value. I got it 16k brand new. I always average over 40, in total I probably get about 42 MPG. On short road trips I normally hit 48 MPG (note that all the highways I drive on are 55MPH and flat, so it boosts milage considerably) and longer road trips southward, which is hilly and much faster, I usually get 40-43. I have NEVER had a problem with the car, it runs perfectly. It isn't the most powerful car, it is slower than a Prius, and it gets loud in the mountains. I honestly wouldn't recommend this car for someone who does mostly steep mountain-type driving, it has to get too high up in the revs and gets loud. The car isn't very quiet to begin with. I am very impressed with this car in the winter. It can get through ANYTHING. We once had about a centimeter of ice on everything, I couldn't walk on the driveway because it was so slippery. I live on the edge of the Appalachian hills in southern Ohio (I commute north where it very quickly gets flat), and the hills are very steep for a driveway over half a mile long. The car got through all that ice without any issue. I was so amazed that I later purposefully hit the brakes and tried to slide around on an empty road to test out the traction and I was very, very impressed. The traction control is amazing, I just put the pedal to the floor and the computer sorts all that traction stuff out. My grandfather's old 4WD Jeep struggled to get out of my driveway more than my car did. The audio system doesn't sound very good at very high volumes, but it is good at normal and high volumes. The car is very plasticy and you can tell it is a budget car, but it is good quality for the price. Bottom line, for the price, you can't beat a Nissan Versa. You get great milage for a great value from a very reliable brand."

It's all about the MPG's ~ oh and it's cute too

By on Wednesday, July 11, 2012

Pros: "MPG ~ Price ~ Roomy ~ Looks"

Cons: "A little loud, the CVT takes some getting used to"

2012 Nissa Versa ~ Windows just tinted

"I purchased my 2012 Nissan Versa VS in November 2011 as a commuter car. I currently own a Honda Pilot but with driving 75 miles per day @ 17 mpg it was expensive. With my Versa, I am averaging 38.1 mpg - it’s amazing! The things that I love: the MPG’s of course, price, roominess of the interior (my husband is 6’6” and fits in the front and back seats) the trunk space, Bluetooth, being able to play MP3’s, adaptor for the IPhone/IPod, the look and did I mention the MPG’s? The cons: a little loud (I wear two hearing aides so this is an issue in most cars for me), the CVT takes some getting used to at the 15 mph mark but once you get the hang of it, you are good to go, takes off a little slower when you are used to more power but I cruise at 70 mph on the expressway with no problems. You experience a little more wind resistance / movement than a larger, heavier car. Overall I have been very happy with my Versa and would recommend to friends and family looking to drive on a budget and still have a stylish car."

2012 Nissa Versa ~ Windows just tinted

For A First Timer or Just Cheap Point A to Point B

By on Monday, October 31, 2016

Pros: "Great Value for the Price"

Cons: "Cheap Prices = Cheap Materials"

"I bought this car 20 months ago, and got an excellent price because gas was cheap, and everyone was buying trucks and SUV's which left the econo-boxes like this one filling up The Dealer's Lot. I needed good cheap transportation for my 60 mile a day commute, and this car stood out as a screaming bargain. The Pros: This car is cheap to buy, and cheap to maintain. 11 Gallons fills her up from bone dry, and that will get you 400 miles till the next time. I average 38.5 MPG in mixed driving. The back seat is roomy enough for my 6 foot plus friends, and the cargo area will hold A Double Bass, An Electric Bass, a bass amp, and two bags of golf clubs. Basically, it is a mini-van in under powered disguise. The seats are comfortable, and the performance, though adequate, certainly isn't going to set your heart to racing. The Cons: Unfortunately, the cheap price is reflected in some of the cheap materials. The seat covers and carpet, at only 20 months and 26,000 miles already look slightly worn. The locks feel cheap, and the doors somewhat tinny. Surprisingly this does not translate to a lot of road noise. The acceleration on mine is actually slightly on the peppy side, but only because I have the 5 speed manual and know how to shift. I certainly wouldn't want to have to count on an automatic tranny to kick the meager 109 hp. into gear when getting on the freeway. The 5 speed is a long chunky throw, but third gear will wind out nicely, and help you keep the car's speed up through turns and corners."