ZIP code

2012 Nissan Versa

7.6

Based on 181 Ratings for the 2012 - 2017 models.

7.5/10
    6.9/10
    7.6/10

Very good for the price

By on Wednesday, September 14, 2016

"This is a handy little car for many situations. The hatchback is great for grocery getting or the six bags of mulch I got. 4 normal sized adults can actually get in and out of it"

Wonderful gas MPG over 50 MPG on my trip to LA

By on Tuesday, June 4, 2013

Pros: "MPG, trunk size, rear leg room, comfort"

Cons: "None so far"

"Wonderful gas MPG over 50 MPG on my trip to LA."

Probably the least expensive transportation

By on Wednesday, June 15, 2016

Pros: "Very economical, I enjoy the manual transmission"

Cons: "Base model lacks power locks"

"I enjoy driving the manual transmission -- brings back my younger motorcycle days! Also, in our area, the "S" Versa with manual transmission was the least expensive. If you want a CVT transmission, or the hatchback, you pay several thousand dollars more. For those who mentioned the base model does not have a center arm rest, Amazon and Ebay have arm rests that fit in one of the rear cup holders and are actually quite secure! They also don't interfere with use of the hand brake. Cost is $30 - $70. Also, aftermarket remote door locks can be added. Fry's can do it. My 2016 Versa S is replacing a 2010 diesel VW Sportwagen, which cost me almost 3 times as much! The VW is lower to the ground -- hits bottom more often. My 3 kids report that there also is more room in the Versa backseat, although really tall people may hit their head in the back of the Versa. Steering, of course, is not as sure in the Versa. But it seems very nimble in parking and sharp turning situations. I haven't had to have the Versa repaired, but parts seem MUCH less than the VW. I had an air conditioning compressor go out on the VW -- $1,200 for parts and labor (I believe the parts cost was $700 or $900). I saw a Versa air conditioning compressor on Ebay for just $139!!! I liked my VW, but the repair costs were killing me!!! I'm quite impressed with Nissan's cheapest car! My previous experience with Nissan was a 1968 Datsun truck which I owned in the 1970's, and a Nissan truck which I owned in the early 1980's."

Great for the money

By on Saturday, November 19, 2011

"I bought this vehicle for my wife who travels over 30 miles to work. She loves it. I drive a 2006 Nissan Altima that is a better fit for me. I am 6'2" and 260lbs. The Verssa has a surprising amount of space especially the back seat and trunk. I like the fact that the car has anti lock brakes and stability anti skid electronic braking. Also it has 6 air bags so I feel it is safe for my wife. The ride is excellent and well damped. It is hard to believe this car only weighs 2500 lbs. My wife is not an aggressive driver and is getting a little over 43 miles per gallon. It has dramatically cut our fuel bill. A couple of complaints. One is you have to buy the top SL model to get the rear folding seats. Also there is no center arm rest. Lastly the cup holder in front of the shift hits my lower leg and is uncomfortable to the point that when I drive I must put a pillow between it and my leg. I really wish Nissan would address this annoyance. If you like good handling cars look elsewhere. The handling is competent and secure but not exciting. Other than that great little car. Very solid feel and good quality. For the money it is hard to beat. thanks for reading Ralph"

Unbelievable milage at an unbelievable price

By on Monday, August 26, 2013

Pros: "High milage (especially highway), winter strong"

Cons: "Underpowered for mountain driving, slow, noisy"

"This car is an unbelievable value. I got it 16k brand new. I always average over 40, in total I probably get about 42 MPG. On short road trips I normally hit 48 MPG (note that all the highways I drive on are 55MPH and flat, so it boosts milage considerably) and longer road trips southward, which is hilly and much faster, I usually get 40-43. I have NEVER had a problem with the car, it runs perfectly. It isn't the most powerful car, it is slower than a Prius, and it gets loud in the mountains. I honestly wouldn't recommend this car for someone who does mostly steep mountain-type driving, it has to get too high up in the revs and gets loud. The car isn't very quiet to begin with. I am very impressed with this car in the winter. It can get through ANYTHING. We once had about a centimeter of ice on everything, I couldn't walk on the driveway because it was so slippery. I live on the edge of the Appalachian hills in southern Ohio (I commute north where it very quickly gets flat), and the hills are very steep for a driveway over half a mile long. The car got through all that ice without any issue. I was so amazed that I later purposefully hit the brakes and tried to slide around on an empty road to test out the traction and I was very, very impressed. The traction control is amazing, I just put the pedal to the floor and the computer sorts all that traction stuff out. My grandfather's old 4WD Jeep struggled to get out of my driveway more than my car did. The audio system doesn't sound very good at very high volumes, but it is good at normal and high volumes. The car is very plasticy and you can tell it is a budget car, but it is good quality for the price. Bottom line, for the price, you can't beat a Nissan Versa. You get great milage for a great value from a very reliable brand."