ZIP code

2012 Nissan Versa

7.6

Based on 181 Ratings for the 2012 - 2017 models.

7.5/10
    6.9/10
    7.6/10

Very good for the price

By on Wednesday, September 14, 2016

"This is a handy little car for many situations. The hatchback is great for grocery getting or the six bags of mulch I got. 4 normal sized adults can actually get in and out of it"

Wonderful gas MPG over 50 MPG on my trip to LA

By on Tuesday, June 4, 2013

Pros: "MPG, trunk size, rear leg room, comfort"

Cons: "None so far"

"Wonderful gas MPG over 50 MPG on my trip to LA."

Probably the least expensive transportation

By on Wednesday, June 15, 2016

Pros: "Very economical, I enjoy the manual transmission"

Cons: "Base model lacks power locks"

"I enjoy driving the manual transmission -- brings back my younger motorcycle days! Also, in our area, the "S" Versa with manual transmission was the least expensive. If you want a CVT transmission, or the hatchback, you pay several thousand dollars more. For those who mentioned the base model does not have a center arm rest, Amazon and Ebay have arm rests that fit in one of the rear cup holders and are actually quite secure! They also don't interfere with use of the hand brake. Cost is $30 - $70. Also, aftermarket remote door locks can be added. Fry's can do it. My 2016 Versa S is replacing a 2010 diesel VW Sportwagen, which cost me almost 3 times as much! The VW is lower to the ground -- hits bottom more often. My 3 kids report that there also is more room in the Versa backseat, although really tall people may hit their head in the back of the Versa. Steering, of course, is not as sure in the Versa. But it seems very nimble in parking and sharp turning situations. I haven't had to have the Versa repaired, but parts seem MUCH less than the VW. I had an air conditioning compressor go out on the VW -- $1,200 for parts and labor (I believe the parts cost was $700 or $900). I saw a Versa air conditioning compressor on Ebay for just $139!!! I liked my VW, but the repair costs were killing me!!! I'm quite impressed with Nissan's cheapest car! My previous experience with Nissan was a 1968 Datsun truck which I owned in the 1970's, and a Nissan truck which I owned in the early 1980's."

Great for the money

By on Saturday, November 19, 2011

"I bought this vehicle for my wife who travels over 30 miles to work. She loves it. I drive a 2006 Nissan Altima that is a better fit for me. I am 6'2" and 260lbs. The Verssa has a surprising amount of space especially the back seat and trunk. I like the fact that the car has anti lock brakes and stability anti skid electronic braking. Also it has 6 air bags so I feel it is safe for my wife. The ride is excellent and well damped. It is hard to believe this car only weighs 2500 lbs. My wife is not an aggressive driver and is getting a little over 43 miles per gallon. It has dramatically cut our fuel bill. A couple of complaints. One is you have to buy the top SL model to get the rear folding seats. Also there is no center arm rest. Lastly the cup holder in front of the shift hits my lower leg and is uncomfortable to the point that when I drive I must put a pillow between it and my leg. I really wish Nissan would address this annoyance. If you like good handling cars look elsewhere. The handling is competent and secure but not exciting. Other than that great little car. Very solid feel and good quality. For the money it is hard to beat. thanks for reading Ralph"

Unbelievable milage at an unbelievable price

By on Monday, August 26, 2013

Pros: "High milage (especially highway), winter strong"

Cons: "Underpowered for mountain driving, slow, noisy"

"This car is an unbelievable value. I got it 16k brand new. I always average over 40, in total I probably get about 42 MPG. On short road trips I normally hit 48 MPG (note that all the highways I drive on are 55MPH and flat, so it boosts milage considerably) and longer road trips southward, which is hilly and much faster, I usually get 40-43. I have NEVER had a problem with the car, it runs perfectly. It isn't the most powerful car, it is slower than a Prius, and it gets loud in the mountains. I honestly wouldn't recommend this car for someone who does mostly steep mountain-type driving, it has to get too high up in the revs and gets loud. The car isn't very quiet to begin with. I am very impressed with this car in the winter. It can get through ANYTHING. We once had about a centimeter of ice on everything, I couldn't walk on the driveway because it was so slippery. I live on the edge of the Appalachian hills in southern Ohio (I commute north where it very quickly gets flat), and the hills are very steep for a driveway over half a mile long. The car got through all that ice without any issue. I was so amazed that I later purposefully hit the brakes and tried to slide around on an empty road to test out the traction and I was very, very impressed. The traction control is amazing, I just put the pedal to the floor and the computer sorts all that traction stuff out. My grandfather's old 4WD Jeep struggled to get out of my driveway more than my car did. The audio system doesn't sound very good at very high volumes, but it is good at normal and high volumes. The car is very plasticy and you can tell it is a budget car, but it is good quality for the price. Bottom line, for the price, you can't beat a Nissan Versa. You get great milage for a great value from a very reliable brand."

Great for gas mileage.

By on Thursday, August 30, 2012

Pros: "Great gas mileage, lots of interior room."

Cons: "Slow acceleration."

"I bought this car for the good gas mileage and reasonable price. I have been driving it for about 6 months, and overall I have been satisfied. I have averaged about 37 miles per gallon over the life of the car, and I have had no mechanical problems as of now. Although it is not the most stylish car on the road, it does not look bad. I would recommend this car to anyone who is looking to get great gas mileage at a reasonable price without purchasing a used car."

I bought two 2013 Nissan Versa at one time,

By on Wednesday, December 26, 2012

Pros: "Great price, good mpg, decent warranty, big trunk"

Cons: "No armrest, poor accelleration (if you like speed)"

"I bought two 2013 Nissan Versa at the same for less than the cost of a mid-size sedan,(offcourse they gave me a good deal,one reason is to be just honest). Great cars, awesome roomy interior(I am 6'2/275), average 38mpg, I have the manual 5 speed, the other 32 mpg 4-speed automatic. If you are thinking about buying a car, this a fun,simple, reliable, non-flashy ,unoticeable, roomy, comformtable, clean car that will get you from A to B with a family of four, I say give it a look, do you research and think about what you really need and not what you really want."

2013 sedan sv awesome and flawless

By on Monday, October 22, 2012

Pros: "great price fun to drive great mpg nice design"

Cons: "could be more attractive"

"I was concerned about purchasing this because of the 3 year warranty/ 5 year warranty compared to the kia/rio's 5/10 year warranties as well as the more hp and torque of the kiario's vehicles but the versa is spectacular it gives a smoother drive, since i test drove all i chose the versa because it gave me the best ride. acceleration was good when i floor it and mpg is even better. cvt compared to the auto trannys the others have might lag slightly less but with gas prices sky rocketing in la, nearly every other month, its the best option. the handling and braking is a lot better too. hyundai accents and kia rios are good cars too just not as good, the ford fiesta does not compare to those as well as the chevys lower priced models. if you are going to buy a car thats economical like the nissan versa i suggest you decide which of the three, versa, accent and rio, you see yourself and which you feel more comfortable in i found my comfort in the versa and you might too. bought it a few days ago at 16 miles been driving it as much as possible."

For A First Timer or Just Cheap Point A to Point B

By on Monday, October 31, 2016

Pros: "Great Value for the Price"

Cons: "Cheap Prices = Cheap Materials"

"I bought this car 20 months ago, and got an excellent price because gas was cheap, and everyone was buying trucks and SUV's which left the econo-boxes like this one filling up The Dealer's Lot. I needed good cheap transportation for my 60 mile a day commute, and this car stood out as a screaming bargain. The Pros: This car is cheap to buy, and cheap to maintain. 11 Gallons fills her up from bone dry, and that will get you 400 miles till the next time. I average 38.5 MPG in mixed driving. The back seat is roomy enough for my 6 foot plus friends, and the cargo area will hold A Double Bass, An Electric Bass, a bass amp, and two bags of golf clubs. Basically, it is a mini-van in under powered disguise. The seats are comfortable, and the performance, though adequate, certainly isn't going to set your heart to racing. The Cons: Unfortunately, the cheap price is reflected in some of the cheap materials. The seat covers and carpet, at only 20 months and 26,000 miles already look slightly worn. The locks feel cheap, and the doors somewhat tinny. Surprisingly this does not translate to a lot of road noise. The acceleration on mine is actually slightly on the peppy side, but only because I have the 5 speed manual and know how to shift. I certainly wouldn't want to have to count on an automatic tranny to kick the meager 109 hp. into gear when getting on the freeway. The 5 speed is a long chunky throw, but third gear will wind out nicely, and help you keep the car's speed up through turns and corners."

It's all about the MPG's ~ oh and it's cute too

By on Wednesday, July 11, 2012

Pros: "MPG ~ Price ~ Roomy ~ Looks"

Cons: "A little loud, the CVT takes some getting used to"

2012 Nissa Versa ~ Windows just tinted

"I purchased my 2012 Nissan Versa VS in November 2011 as a commuter car. I currently own a Honda Pilot but with driving 75 miles per day @ 17 mpg it was expensive. With my Versa, I am averaging 38.1 mpg - it’s amazing! The things that I love: the MPG’s of course, price, roominess of the interior (my husband is 6’6” and fits in the front and back seats) the trunk space, Bluetooth, being able to play MP3’s, adaptor for the IPhone/IPod, the look and did I mention the MPG’s? The cons: a little loud (I wear two hearing aides so this is an issue in most cars for me), the CVT takes some getting used to at the 15 mph mark but once you get the hang of it, you are good to go, takes off a little slower when you are used to more power but I cruise at 70 mph on the expressway with no problems. You experience a little more wind resistance / movement than a larger, heavier car. Overall I have been very happy with my Versa and would recommend to friends and family looking to drive on a budget and still have a stylish car."

2012 Nissa Versa ~ Windows just tinted

Excellent gas mileage for getting around.

By on Monday, July 14, 2014

Pros: "Great gas mileage, good price."

Cons: "Not steady in wind, apholstry material is terrible"

"The handling on windy days are dangerous. You get blown all over, the suspension is wrong for that car, it wobbles in the wind and causes you to almost go off the road. You really have to drive slower than speed limit on windy days. Other than that it is a good basic car, clutch sometimes acts up and won't go in gear correctly, but not too often, mostly in reverse, I have to release clutch and then re-adjust it in reverse. Awesome gas mileage, that I will never complain about. The material of the seats are the worst ever. If there is any lint or hair stuck to your clothes it stays on the seats like a dog has been in there. And you can't vacuum it out, I had to get a roll of tape to pull each thing out. Even the detail people tell me they can't get it out. Has a good take off and speed ratio."

2012 Nissan Versa - Nice Ride & looks good!

By on Wednesday, October 10, 2012

Pros: "HUGE back seat, great looks on the 2012 sedan."

Cons: "No center armrest & cheap sun visor or the 2012."

"We just bought 1 week ago a 2012 Nissan Versa SV sedan with sand color interior & magnetic gray paint color & it looks real sharp. I drive a 2009 Versa S hatchback which we bought new & have driven it every day to work with no problems & no visits to the repair shop for anything except oil changes & tire rotation. I wanted to buy a 2012 Hyundai Accent but they are $2000 more & the dealer wouldn't deal on 2013's but the Nissan dealer still had some 2012 Versa so made a deal. The main #1 feature of the Versa is that HUGE back seat leg room which can accomodate both of my 6ft tall sons."

best vehicle ever

By on Thursday, April 19, 2012

Pros: "AIR BAGS, ROOMY INTERIOR, RELIABLE, GREAT GAS MILE"

Cons: "GET UP AND GO IT'S DEFINETLY A 4 CYLIDER,"

SAVED MY LIFE

"i had my nissan straight of the truck with 35 miles, 4 months later i was hit by a armor truck, an 18 wheeler, and a full size silverrado. if i would have been in any other car i would of been killed, THE NISSAN VERSA SAVED MY LIFE."

SAVED MY LIFE

does exactly what it’s intended to do

By on Friday, January 13, 2017

Pros: "Great price, great gas millage, and comfertable"

Cons: "wish it had power locks"

"I purchased a 2015 Versa S sedan in Aug of 2014 because my previous car died and I needed an affordable car that day. The car was a pleasant surprise, it doesn’t have all the bells and whistles but I’m kind of old school anyway. The grand kids think the hand crank windows are fun. It gets outstanding gas millage, it’s comfortable, has excellent back seat leg room and I have no problem putting our pop up canopy, fold up chairs, ice chest and sports equipment in the trunk with room to spare. 30,000 miles later, Dec 2016, the car was totaled in an ice storm after it got caught under a fuel tanker, not as dramatic as it could have been, and I walked away from it. I immediately replaced the car with a 2016 Versa S sedan. Its not a sports car or a luxury car and doesn’t pretend to be either, as far as I’m concerned it does exactly what it’s intended to do perfectly. Just hope I don’t need to purchase a 2017."

Car for commuters, not automobile enthusiasts

By on Saturday, June 21, 2014

Pros: "good ride, quiet ride. large trunk, brakes,"

Cons: "Slow 0 to 25. Slow at highway speeds."

"I purchased an S+. The features are an odd mix. Manual mirrors, windows, door locks! (if you lock the doors the only entry is the driver's door with the key), trunk is only opened by the key outside. Manual windows all around. One step up in the line gets the power windows and door locks that most people want with a car that has an auto trans and cruise/ Bluetooth as standard equipment. The car is like the pro-reviewers have described it. Initial pickup (0 to 25 mph) is slow. Twenty five to 65 mph acceleration is good. Higher speed stuff is fine for cruising (75..80.mph) but passing at that speed range or higher mph is slow. Front seats occupied with larger Americans doesn't mean the back seats are toast. The Front seats with 2 6' 3" people installed still allows 2 five feet 10" chaps room in the back. My son commented that the room in the back (he's 5'7") felt more than the 2011+ Kia Optima. Driving the car is comfortable commuter and not zoom zoom Mazda. The steering is light and braking is strong. Quiet and smooth ride compared to other small cars. Steering is light, fine for me but others seem to equate heavier steering with steering "feel" and sportier driving behaviors. My opinion is that if you need to "feel" what the front tires are doing you should be on a racetrack. I enjoy motorsports. Motorsport driving shouldn't be part of my getting around. That's my opinion feel free to disagree. I get much better than the EPA mileage predictions but my route to work is easy on fuel. So my 2009 Harley 883 gets 57mpg, my 2011 Kia Optima gets 38 mpg, the Versa gets 54 mpg all on the same path. The Sportsters future as my main commuter vehicle is in jeopardy because I'm getting older and A/C and heat during the 1 hour commute to/from work are gaining in value to me. Nissan's CVT operation seems normal to me as I own a "super scooter". For those not used to the CVT my advice is to ignore it. That's correct, don't give it a thought. Need to go faster, push the pedal down. Most of us have had auto trans cars. Same thing with a different way of going about its business.What you need to know is 0 to 20 mph is slow. Then acceleration steps up until 70 mph then it starts to slow again. The S+ dash is oh my simple. If you don't need the Bluetooth indoctrination that the sales person will provide ( I guess it's part of the delivery process) the rest takes about 2 minutes to master. I like the simple dash as my Harley only has a speedometer and a time display. I don't have a smart phone but I was ready to get one after the Bluetooth demo. I keep my vehicles, usually for their lifetimes. My current rides have climate control, backup cameras, Nav systems...etc. The Versa was purchased as a throwback commuter vehicle for cheapest per mile costs and ended up a nice surprise for its' frugal and comfortable way it performs. Best deal. The bottom of the line. AC and manual trans would have gone this way but physical (left knee) limitations kept me out of this area. 2015 models have some minor changes. Front and rear get body changes with a minor center console mods. 2014 models are on the lots and deals are coming. I like my base model 2015 but you all might want the extras that are 2014 available. Best to you all. The Versa is worth checking out Check us out ..."

Good car for the money

By on Sunday, January 15, 2012

Pros: "Great gas mpg"

Cons: "No arm rest for front driver and passenger"

"I bought this car to save on gas. Very happy with the fuel economy and the overall quality of the vehicle as a whole. Also, the car has excellent room for five adults and luggage. Some of the cons of the vehicle after driving a full-sized suv for years the lack of arm rest and front passenger leg room, were disappointing. Also at highway speeds the vehicle is very subject to crosswinds. Overall for a subcompact car it is better than expected. Would recommend to someone who wants a lower priced car to save on gas!"

Great little car -very fast,great pickup!

By on Friday, March 13, 2015

Pros: "Great fuel economy, great pickup climbing hills &"

"Easy to drive, very comfortable, seats five, fold down seats provide extra carrying space."

Got the Hatchback Versa - Fantastic VALUE !!!!

By on Saturday, February 2, 2013

Pros: "HUGE interior, Great gas mileage, Low price"

Cons: "A little slow when the light 1st turns green"

"I took delivery 1 week ago of a new 2012 Versa HB and I love it. I wanted payments under $250/month and got them, (with just my 11 yr old Pontiac trade as the down money) and this "small car" is HUGE on the inside. I'm 6 ft tall, and my tall teens can sit in the back and still have plenty of room. I love the 27 MPG in town, the comfort, the room, and I have bluetooth, aluminum wheels, stereo controls on the leather wrapped steering wheel, ABS, and 6 airbags for saftey. The ONLY con is that the car is a little slow when the light turns green, but once you get going it's fine."

Best economical car!!

By on Sunday, April 28, 2013

Pros: "Cheapest mode of transportation period!"

Cons: "Zero luxury period!!"

"Over 14,000 miles on my $12,500 out the door Versa. Yes, that is taxes included, got 52 MPG on my fill up today! Had to order it, no floor mats but 50+ MPG worth roll up windows and no power locks. If you want bare bones cheap car, this is for you! I paid $12,500, took almost 6 months to get car but I got my 50+ MPG A-B car!!! If I drive 70 mph = 37 MPG, 55 mph = 50 mpg, it's up to you!!"

Great little car

By on Sunday, March 31, 2013

Pros: "Great value, roomy, huge trunk"

Cons: "Not the quickest car on the planet"

"I bought my 2013 Versa at the fist of Feb and have put almost 5000 miles on it. The main reason I got the car was the gas milage and the inexpensive cost. I drive roughly 500 to 600 miles a week and wanted something for the milage and I haven't been disappointed. I'm getting right at 40 mpg. Another big plus to the car is the fact that I'm 6" and 260 pounds I've got all kinds of room. I plan on driving this car for a long long time...that is unless my daughter takes it over. She just went back to college in it. She likes the fact that it only takes about $35.00 to fill it up verses the $65.00 to fill up her Maxima. She also like the fact that the trunk was big enough for them to get all their stuff (and that was 2 huge duffle bags, 2 smaller bags, a large box of food and other stuff). Now for the cons of the car, it's no rocket but once at highway speed it does just fine. The passager seat could use an armrest too. Other than that I haven't found any other problems. All in all this is a great little car and highly recommend it to anyone looking for a very economical car to drive."

great little car

By on Tuesday, October 18, 2011

Pros: "price, gas mileage, size"

Cons: "needs arm rests!"

"I bought this car a week ago because I was needing something for my wife to have as an everyday driver. We bought the s model with cruise control. What a great car for the money! The interior is very nice and the look of the car is very modern. Parked next to a corolla, looks much better. This car has all the space you could need! A full equipped versa will soon make the sentra obsolete. Its just as big for $3000 less! And the gas mileage! we averaged 38 mpgs on the first tank. For a 1.6 liter it has a decent amount of get up and go. The steering is responsive which makes it seem more sporty and fun to drive."

Slow Acceleration, very poor power performance

By on Thursday, October 24, 2013

Pros: "Cheap, average overall"

Cons: "Poor power performance"

"I would rate this car average to below average overall. The weakest aspect of this car is that the engine power is extremely weak. Whenever I try to accelerate whether after being stopped at a light or after speed limit increase or even going up hill the engine makes loud noise. I feel like the engine is struggling bad. There's nothing great about the car other than the fact that it's cheap."

Such an easy car to drive

By on Wednesday, September 26, 2012

Pros: "40+ real world mpg, rear leg room, 6 cup holders"

Cons: "performance, no arm rest, no auto trunk release"

"Versa sedan was the best subcompact we could find for fuel efficiency, roominess and comfort. Averaging 40 mpg combined city/highway. Enough rear legroom for 2 adults- definitely best in class. Seats are high up with lots of headroom, so excellent visibility. The Versa is not stylish, nor does it have the performance of a Fiesta, Sonic, Accent/Rio, etc. The little engine and CVT take awhile to accelerate. But if you want a car that can comfortably fit 4 people with excellent gas mileage and reliability for $12- $15K, there really is nothing else that compares."

Amazing mpg!!!

By on Friday, September 27, 2013

Pros: "MPG, price, roomy, extras, fun to drive"

Cons: "cannot seat more than 5"

"I bought this car for commuting and reliability a year ago. I got both. With 20,00o miles on the engine I have had no mechanical problems. I get 39 mpg! I opted for the extras with power everything, navigation, and bluetooth. With these extras I love this car. The interior is roomy and comfortable no matter what seat you are sitting in. My family of 4 fits comfortably, with two car seats in the back, and my 6'3" husband and I in the front! This would fit 5 without the two car seats in the back. The trunk is large and accommodating. I would definitely recommend this car. This car has made commuting enjoyable!"

Much better than I thought it would be.

By on Thursday, June 2, 2016

Pros: "fuel economy, easy to drive, great 5 spd manual"

Cons: "no power windows or doors, no satellite radio"

"I am not what you would call a small or even medium sized person person by any means but I have no trouble fitting and being comfortable in this car. it is roomy and the seats feel supportive. I have the 2016 Versa S with the 5 speed manual transmission. The clutch is light and it shifts smoothly, the engines torque at low rpm's make it an easy manual transmission car to drive. Is it the most fun car? no, but is not a sports car nor is it pretending to be. I have driven the CVT version and I must say that I am happy that I bought the manual transmission. It is far more responsive and accelerates much better, it is much quieter too. The only down side I have notice in driving, is that at very fast speeds on the highway sometimes the wind gusts will push the car, not abnormal while driving, but more so as this is a small light weight car. The EPA fuel economy tests put this car at city 27/36 highway. I don't know who or what tested this but that is wrong. IT'S BETTER! I averaged over 38 MPG combined highway and stop and go traffic on my last tank of gas! I guess whoever tested this car does not know how to drive a stick. This is an excellent commuter car or first car for a young driver. It serves this purpose very well. It is comfortable, easy to drive, and while the controls are simple and the power windows and doors are not an option on the Versa S, they are not missed."