2012 Nissan Versa

7.6

Based on 177 Ratings for the 2012 - 2017 models.

7.5/10
    6.9/10
    7.6/10

entry level versa

By on Monday, December 19, 2016

Pros: "RELIABILITY,FUEL ECONOMY."

Cons: "SUSPENSION,"

"GOT THE BASIC ENTRY LEVEL CAR WITH NO EXTRAS WHATSOEVER EXCEPT AIR.EVEN ROLL DOWN WINDOWS.OBVIOUSLY STICK SHIFT.NOTHING TO BREAK THATS HOW I SAW IT,GREAT COMMUTER CAR,RELIABLE POINT A TO B,FUEL ECONOMY I DO 50 MILES A DAY I NEED 1 FILL UP EVERY 6 DAYS 20-22$...SO MY WEEK OF 350 MILES PLUS COSTS ME 22-24$ DEPENDING ON GAS PRICES,,,ITS NOW ABOUT 2.39.....SUSPENSION IS VERY STIFF.TAKES GETTING USED TO... SOME FLIMSY PLASTIC INSIDE DOOR HANDLES E.G NO MIRROR ON PASSENGER VISOR...ALL ELSE IS GREAT FOR THE MONEY....OH AND THE STEREO ONLY HAS 2 CHEAP SPEAKERS IN FRONT,,,BUT IM HAPPY 100% I GOT WHAT I PAID FOR....ITS WORTH IT,,ID BUY IT AGAIN"

Excellent for the price range

By on Thursday, March 2, 2017

Pros: "value for money"

Cons: "At higher speed, wobbles a bit, still a great bet"

"It is said to be the cheapest car available, however it is very good at that price point, much more than my expectations. Fuel efficient and best leg space available among cars in that category. Great for city drive and commute. Very Comfortable."

It is what it is...

By on Friday, January 27, 2017

Pros: "Good value"

Cons: "The car seems "Jittery" at highway speeds"

"Gave our Civic to daughter and purchased the 2016 Versa as a replacement and to tow behind an RV. Fun car to drive, except at highway speeds, the car wanders a bit, like there is not enough +caster in the alignment. (will address this with the dealer at next service) The car does not represent itself as anything other then what it is, an economical car with few frills...just what we wanted."

Wonderful gas MPG over 50 MPG on my trip to LA

By on Tuesday, June 4, 2013

Pros: "MPG, trunk size, rear leg room, comfort"

Cons: "None so far"

"Wonderful gas MPG over 50 MPG on my trip to LA."

Great for the money

By on Saturday, November 19, 2011

"I bought this vehicle for my wife who travels over 30 miles to work. She loves it. I drive a 2006 Nissan Altima that is a better fit for me. I am 6'2" and 260lbs. The Verssa has a surprising amount of space especially the back seat and trunk. I like the fact that the car has anti lock brakes and stability anti skid electronic braking. Also it has 6 air bags so I feel it is safe for my wife. The ride is excellent and well damped. It is hard to believe this car only weighs 2500 lbs. My wife is not an aggressive driver and is getting a little over 43 miles per gallon. It has dramatically cut our fuel bill. A couple of complaints. One is you have to buy the top SL model to get the rear folding seats. Also there is no center arm rest. Lastly the cup holder in front of the shift hits my lower leg and is uncomfortable to the point that when I drive I must put a pillow between it and my leg. I really wish Nissan would address this annoyance. If you like good handling cars look elsewhere. The handling is competent and secure but not exciting. Other than that great little car. Very solid feel and good quality. For the money it is hard to beat. thanks for reading Ralph"