ZIP code

2011 Nissan Versa

8.4

Based on 519 Ratings for the 2007 - 2011 models.

Great ride for tall people

By on Tuesday, July 2, 2013

Pros: "Quiet, dependable, great stereo, gas mileage"

Cons: "glovebox cover scratches easily,seats attract lint"

""I am nearly 6 feet tall and the Nissan Versa S HB is perfect for me and my nephews (6 foot and 6'5"). We all fit comfortably in this car that offers plenty of leg and head room; even in the back seats. It runs smoothly, and after two years still looks great inside and out. The engine is quiet and the sound system (I have the basic one) is excellent. Great gas mileage for city driving and easily handles parking that requires tight maneuvering. The tinted windows are an added plus and they keep a great deal of the outside noise -- outside. This car rides comfortably and quietly and I can't imagine changing cars any time in the near future!""

Best value ever

By on Tuesday, May 28, 2013

Pros: "Love the interior very spacious"

Cons: "gas millage good just wish it was a little better"

"I have loved this car from day one drives great comfortable on long trips and you can get a lot into it"

Love this car - gas mileage, ease of driving, etc

By on Tuesday, July 3, 2012

Pros: "price, ease in getting in and out"

Cons: "small space in hatchback"

"this is a great little car. Suprisingly, lots of rear seat and leg room. It is easy to enter and exit and handles well on the open highway and city streets. Easy to park. Will definitley buy another Versa."

2011 Versa Hatchback

By on Wednesday, June 27, 2012

Pros: "Reliable, Cute, Interior was well thought out"

Cons: "Should be a bit better on gas milage, colors avail"

"I bought this car new in January of 2011. 2011 Versa Hatchback (S - power windows, locks, CD player, automatic transmission) While I did think the highway mileage would be better when I first bought it (I get around 28-30), I am pleased with my choice overall. I like hatchbacks, and had a few on my list to check into before deciding on the Versa. I do think some of the body styling of the Ford and Mazda hatchbacks is better, more sleek, "hip", "cuter", but I think those styles may cut down on your headroom/legroom, especially in the back seat. The Versa is comfortable! I've never had anyone say they were uncomfortable in the car. I find that it's even suited for tall adults to sit in the back seat w/out issues. I like the interior colors, seats, etc. the only thing about the plain black is that everything seems to look dusty/fuzzy even if you've recently cleaned the car...that can be annoying. There are PLENTY of cup holders in the car, and I like the placement of the door pockets, glove box, etc. I did scratch the gray/silver part on the steering wheel very easily on accident and that ding there really annoys me. It didn't take much to damage it, barely a scratch and it's damaged...so, be careful. I have done nothing besides routine maintenance on my Versa so far (as would be expected, it's only been a year and a half). The "low tire pressure" warning system can be a little annoying, as it likes to come on when it's cold outside and the pressure is a bit skewed. I also laughed reading another reviewer's comments about the air pressure WITHIN the car cabin when you have a window or two or three down a bit. I thought it was just me! I haven't quite cracked the code of how to avoid this, but something about the body styling of the car makes the air pressure inside the vehicle odd, and hurts your ears if you have just window cracked, or two on one side...something. But that's easy enough to deal with, you just crack another window and it stops. The speed/agility/performance of this car is pretty great if you ask me. If you are used to a V-6 or higher of course you are going to wonder where the get up and go is in a V-4. I have always driven 4 cylinder cars, and this one has just as much pep, if not more. It handles well. I read a few other reviews about the car being pushed "all over the road" in the wind, but I haven't experienced that myself. If there are MAJOR winds, I have had a tad bit more of an issue keeping it on the straight"

One of the best I've ever owned, at least so far.

By on Wednesday, April 4, 2012

Pros: "spacious, handles nice."

Cons: "upholstery is cheap quality and attracks lint"

"It's a great car!!I believe this car to be every bit as good as the Honda Fit. And, the cost is better than the Honda Fit."

Great vehicle for the money

By on Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Pros: "Smooth ride, great for the price, plenty of room"

Cons: "gas mileage just ok"

"While the car design is not the sharpest, it is a quality car for the money paid. I have a 2008 Versa SL hatchback and have never had a problem with it. Storage space is good for a small car. It also has enough room to fit four people comfortably with a good amount of leg room in the front and back seats. I'm sure this car would not be sufficient if you are a big and/or tall person in which case I would not buy it. If you want this car, and any car for that matter, to handle good in the snow, buy good snow tires, thats all. The only thing that did not work too well on my car was the blue tooth, it would drop in and out sometimes, but that is just a convenience and does not reflect on how the car handles or performs. I do think the gas mileage should be better being that it is a small car and has the CVT transmission. I did get the estimated gas mileage that was state 33 highway and 27 city, but I still think it should be better."

good car for the price

By on Saturday, March 24, 2012

"bought new in 2007,has never let me down. no major repairs yet. just brakes,tires.battery.lots of leg room"

Great little car!!

By on Tuesday, March 13, 2012

Pros: "MPG, room, look"

Cons: "no center console, acceleration"

"I own this car, and while it isn't a BMW, it is certainly a good deal. She isn't the quickest off the line, but she will cruise for you no problem. She handles well and the perfect size for me. Her trunk space is decent and, with the folding seats, gets better. The leg room was surprising! My bf is 6'3 and a big guy. He was shocked that his knees didn't meet his chest when he drove the car. It was a little tight (come on, it isn't make for a bigger man), but he still liked the drive. He owns a Nissan Maxima (much more his style), so for him to say it was a decently comfortable, is good for this little car! Overall for a girl who isn't into the crazy fast stuff and wanted something cute that I could love, I love love love my little Versa :) I bought her used with 46k on her this year. I've put some miles on her and she isn't complaining one bit. I haven't gauged exactly what I get in the city, but she comes out to around 30mpg on the highway. CANNOT complain about that! Wants: Center Console!"

Great hatchback and milage 6 speed manual a must!

By on Sunday, February 19, 2012

Pros: "Price, milage, manual a must!"

Cons: "Back seat does not fold down flush"

"Great little car for the money. Love the hatchback. It would be nice if the back seats folded down flat with the back area. Instead it is raised up. Otherwise it is fun to drive. The 6 speed manual is a must. I rented the same car in an automatice from Seattle to Phoneix and back last winter. The manual allows you to get some goooo :) Really fun to drive."

LOVE IT!!!

By on Sunday, February 19, 2012

Pros: "Great Price, Great Gas Mileage"

"It is very reliable, smooth ride even after 85000 Miles. It is great in the Maine winter as long as you have good snow tires. I have loved it and would consider buying another."

Great value. Best option for compact cars!

By on Monday, January 16, 2012

Pros: "Great value. Spacious interior. Smooth ride."

Cons: "Buttons, controls are too small, hard to read."

"My wife and I researched and test drove several vehicles similar to the Versa: Honda Fit, Scion XA, Toyota Yaris, etc., and we found the Versa to be the best vehicle in its class for several reasons: Less road noise, more spacious interior, more storage space, more comfortable ride, better visibility, quieter engine (CVT). My oldest son is 6'5" and he sits in the front or back seats with ample head and leg room. It feels more like a midsize sedan when we drive it, yet it gets great gas mileage, 30 consistently for mixed city and hwy. We're thrilled with our Versa. It's a great car!"

Best car you can buy for the money!

By on Saturday, December 31, 2011

Pros: "price, mileage, room, comfort, reliability"

Cons: "v4"

"Not the fanciest car in the world, but if cost is important, it is a reliable car for a great price. Very roomy and comfortable for a small car. Not great, but good gas mileage, (i get 27 city.) I'd rather that it was a v6, but not bad for a v4. Good cargo space, and more importantly, roomy enough back seat."

Great car for the value

By on Wednesday, December 21, 2011

Pros: "gas mileage, zip, cargo space, steering, stereo"

Cons: "factory tires, tire monitor errors"

"I used to own Chevrolets and Toyotas. This is my first experience with Nissan. The car has 33,000 miles and no problems. It has been reliable and enjoyable to drive. The hatchback opens wide to hold a lot of cargo. It gets great gas mileage and handles well. The only downside is the tires that come from the factory will need to be replaced soon as the tread has worn to the mark. I have experienced the same with other manufacturers putting on cheap tires. Overall, an excellent car at an excellent price."

Good economical car with a roomy interior

By on Friday, December 9, 2011

Pros: "Roomy, economical, great safety ratings"

Cons: "no passenger side keyed lock, only 1 way in!"

"I bought the base model with no ammenities, 5spd, no power locks, a/c or windows. It averages 33mpg, and drives very well. It could use a higher top gear, or a six speed transmission. The only complaint I have is the lack of a keyed lock on the passenger side forces you to be rude to passengers (you have to get in to unlock any of the other doors) I am 6'4" and fit the car with room to spare, front or back seats. It is well made, and easy to do the basic services. I replaced the radiator at 800 miles due to a rock hit, it is not well protected, so stay away from gravel trucks! For the money it is a great buy, much nicer than comparable cars in its class."

Great Car!

By on Wednesday, November 30, 2011

Pros: "Price was great, great gas mileage, fun to drive!"

Cons: "Low tire pressure light, muffler costing $800 : ("

"I have owned this as a used car for a year and a half. The only problem I have had is the tires lose air and have to have them checked often as the "low tire" icon tells me. The muffler also had an issue that I researched after I was told a new system would cost over $800 and was on "back order". After my research, I took the car back to a local muffler place and said, just weld the part (the flange) back together. It cost me only $100, but have read that this should have been a recall on this model car, but was not. I will upgrade to a newer Versa. That is how much I love this car."

I love this car!

By on Sunday, October 16, 2011

Pros: "Fun and easy to drive, very dependable"

Cons: "Can't think of any"

"I love this car! I drove over 106,000 miles in 3 1/2 years without any problems- even better, I never worried about having problems! Very comfortable to drive-even long distances. Excellent gas mileage 30-42 mph."

Great little car!

By on Sunday, April 17, 2011

"I was looking for an inexpensive used car that I could pay cash for when I stumbled on this little gem. Amazingly roomy inside and quite comfortable. The trunk is very roomy and with the back seats folded down the car has great cargo capacity. You should know that the rear seats are a few inches higher than the floor of the truck when folded down. Overall, very nice features with the SL package. Best stereo I've had to date. I like using the auxillary audio input to pipe in music and audio-books from my phone. I'm dissapointed with the blu tooth because no one can understand what I'm saying when I have my phone paired up. The engine is surprisingly peppy. No complaints there. I can squeeze really good fuel mileage if I drive it like an old man. In mixed city/hwy. driving I almost always get over 30 mpg. I have gotten as high as 35 mpg. I've read a lot of reports that others get in the high 20's for the most part. I think that driving habits have a lot to do with it. For an entry level car the value of the Versa can't be beat. I'ts not sleek or cool to look at but I didn't buy it for the styling. To date, I haven't had any mechanical problems."

Great Commuter or Young Family Car

By on Wednesday, September 29, 2010

"I purchased 2010 Nissan Versa Hatchback with automatic transmission and All Power package about 8 months ago. It's been great so far. I drive a lot, so I have already put 22,500 miles on it. The MPG that I usually get is 31. If you drive 50-55 m/hr you can get MPG up to 38, but if you driver 70-80 m/hr you will see MPG around 28. The best thing about this car is maintenance cost, I have spent only $60 so far. If you drive mostly on freeways, you have to change oil every 7,500 miles (that's where I spent all maintenance money), and you need the cheapest oil. Same with gas, you need grade 87, which is the cheapest. There are 2 things that I wish were different in this car. In 2010 Nissan removed rear trunk cover from base model (I had to purchase it separately for $110). I do not have volume controls on the wheel (I used to have them in my previous car, and miss them a lot). I can only add that I have switched to this car from 2003 Volvo S60 (great car), and saved approximately $1000 on gas and maintenance during the last 8 month."

Nice driver

By on Wednesday, August 11, 2010

"Run this car three years over 300 miles a week. Gas , oil change every now and than. car runs great . Like the cabin air filter, hot dry summer don't get much dust in the car. AC in 100F days takes a little to get cold, helps a lot with a windshield sun blocker. Friends love the back seats so much room for tall people. 30 mpg does not hurt at the gas pump. Plastic hub caps not too good. Rotate tires be careful of the plastic. Break the plastic fingers and hubcap flies off. Only trouble I have had. No Dealer service needed."

2008 nissan versa cvt hb

By on Wednesday, August 4, 2010

"in september it makes 3 years since i had the vehicle. very roomy for a small car though i wish there was more from seat travel for taller folks in the front seats. rear seats are very spacious easily seating occupants with room to spare. The width of the vehicle could be an inch or 2 wider w free up shoulder room for the 3rd passenger in the middle bench. huge glovebox. cupholders in the driver and passenger doors! How about a center console? Love the cvt transmissionin my car but hate the 4spd auto when testing. 3k rpm at almost 90mph is good for keeping noise under control during high speed driving. Im pretty much getting an average of 35.5mpg on almost every tank with my route i use it for, 37 if i drive slower and 32 if i drive faster. Mileage drops off steeply when doing pure city driving. round trip highway driving at 70-75 mph and 3 small traffic jams got me 36.6 mpg! some of my interior trim pieces have fallen off like the plastic that covers the passenger and driver seat tracks. could be a little more quiet on bumpy surfaces. nice thump with the rockford fosgate audio system when using an ipod. sat radio/radio reception and sound not so good. I have 140,000 miles and its been always reliable. front seats could be more comfortable. I love the soft material armrests and my seats still look brand new! cupholders a little low. Love the center armrest for back passengers. intellegent key makes it impossible to lock your keys in the car. also helpful when my hands are occupied and i can only use my pinky to pull open the door! factory tires are poor only lasting me 22,000 miles(continentals). swapped for michelens (50,000)."

great car

By on Wednesday, April 1, 2009

"Message for Greasemonkey in az! I'm on my 2nd Versa S Hatchback, a 2008. (totalled the first one) I too had the same starting problem on both. What I have concluded is that it was the gas I put it them. I normally go to a "brand name" gas station. But when almost on empty one day I went to a junky, very old, gas station. For almost 2 months thereafter I had a starting problem and never had time to take it in for service. The problem just went away gradually. I did the same thing with my new one, same old station. And seriously, it was about 2 1/2 to 3 months before the problem completely went away. I know they say all gas is exactly the same wherever you get it. Obviously not. I hope there is no permanent damage. By the way the station is no longer open. Our old saturn doesn't mind the same crummy gas but this car is picky. I hope your problem gets resolved. Now for a review. It really is a very good car. I have no complaints so far. Of course there are nicer cars to choose from. But I have to have something affordable and be able to stick to my budget. I haggled like a madwoman and got a good deal. My husband, myself, and family are tall people and we don't feel cramped at all. I feel less crammed than I do in friends' cars that appear much larger than the Versa. Even when packed for a trip with 4 in the car we have enough room for it all. I've hauled a (boxed) recliner, lawnmower, huge TV, etc. The regular trunk space is sufficient. I need leg room more than I need unused trunk space. Gas mileage is great compared to other compact sedans I've had. Also the ride and quality. I don't need incredible acceleration because I'm not a street racer. It merges me onto freeways just fine even with the AC on. Only complaint about the 2nd Versa is that the front passenger window drags a little on the way up and has some slight grease marks on it. I plan to take it in and make them fix it. Also I need lumbar support and the front seats need more. That's just me though, I use a pillow for the problem. I'll have to own one longer to give a real quality rating."

what you get for $14400

By on Sunday, August 17, 2008

"Seventh new vehicle I have owned. Own the S model with power package and 6speed. Best mileage I have gotten is 31mpg. Drove 3 long trips in excess of 2000 miles each. Worst gas mileage was 29mpg running an average of 75 to 85 mph through the mountains. Most people still don't know how to figure mpg. This car is not capable of high 30mpg. It weighs 2700 to 2900 lbs. This car is actually classified as a mid size. Not one mid size gets this mileage and can be purchased so cheaply. Rides and handles better than a Prius and at half the price! Just remember what it is, a low priced entry level car!"

Good Car Good Price

By on Monday, January 28, 2008

"Nicer than other "A to B" cars in its class. Nice finish on interior. Like most cars its size the engine is a bit thrashy and interior noise a bit loud, not to mention it's not exactly a "get up and go" car, but nothing that is intolerable. It has a tendency to over-rev the gears, will have the dealer look at that. Much better fit and finish than anything in its class. A Yaris with the options of the Versa S would be at least $1K more. At 12K miles, I would say it was an overall good buy."

Great Little Big Car

By on Wednesday, November 14, 2007

"Love my Versa! I have a "limited" edition with leather (installed locally by dealership). Back seat is huge and the hatch is very user friendly. I wish I had a stick instead of an automatic, but I still love it. Gas mileage doesn't seem to be what is claimed, but I do run the A/C alot. I also love the blue tooth and 6 disc CD. Both were good selling points! The keyless entry is awesome too. So very convenient!"

Great Vehicle

By on Sunday, November 4, 2007

"I purchased my car back in june, i love it. Only thing that has gone wrong was my tire light, but i got that fixed. The car drives very well, good ride, quiet, decent acceleration, and the gas milage is good. I've been getting between 28-30mpg. This car is way better than the Toyota Yaris (P.O.S. car), the honda fit is a good car but the nissan versa has better incentives and it's easier to bargin with."