2011 Nissan Versa

8.4

Based on 519 Ratings for the 2007 - 2011 models.

to small for comfort

By on Sunday, March 22, 2009

"i am 6'3" anad get cramps when on long trips.It has been in shop for electricla problems 4 times in less than year and took 3 dealers to find problem.It really bogs down on hills and mileage nowhere near est mileage.I bought this car because of financing problem but will never buy Nissan again.To expensive and get the shaft on promised and written options"

Love this car!

By on Monday, September 8, 2008

"This is really the perfect economy car. I really didn't even consider buying the Versa until I sat in the back seat. The leg room can't be beat for a car this size. On a recent trip (7+ hours of highway driving each way and a hatch full of stuff), I kicked on the cruise control and got an average of 35mpg. The car is both cute and comfortable, though I did regret not getting the SL (no armrest on the S!). Overall, a good buy, though. An inexpensive car that doesn't feel cheap."

great little car

By on Tuesday, June 3, 2008

"I TRADED IN MY CHRYSLER PACIFICA ON THIS LITTLE GUY ,& I RETIRED AT THE SAME TIME, WITH GAS AT $4.00 + PER GALLON ITHOUGHT IT A GOODCHOISEOFCOURSE WE STILL HAVE ANOTHER FULL SIZE VAN, THE VERSA GETS 30MPG INTOWN NO MATTER HOW I DRIVE IT & ON TWO RECENT ROAD TRIPS @ 75MPH IAVERAGED 37.5 MPG ALSO IT WAS QUITE COMFORTABILE & NOT MUCH WIND NOISE THE CVT TRANS IS GREAT"

Versa great for the money

By on Saturday, November 3, 2007

"There are many cars out there these days to choose from but the Versa has some options that others do not for a car in its price range. What about the dash vinyl I read where it was engineered to resist fading in FLORIDA ; pretty impressive. Mileage, all of the manufacturers tout this and that but overall it sure does a pretty good job at mileage I would say at least 32 is what I am getting. I have a no frills model ; the way I like it. I had an issue with the A/C because of a sensor dealer was a pain on that one but did get it fixed. The hubcaps I have were defective and they replaced them all ; WAY COOL. Lets be real there are other manufacturers offering 100000 mile warranties ; the real deal is getting it !!! LOL !! Its like an HMO !! The Nissan Versa has an engine thats been around 4EVER and it has a timing chain and not a belt ; THINK ABOUT IT ! Anyways great little car for the money ; cant be beat. Comfortable l, in fact on a recent vacation I spent the night sleepin in the seat because it was better than the bed at Holiday INN. Toyota and Civic seats are like bricks. Later"

Few Problems

By on Friday, October 26, 2007

"Had a few problems with my Versa. Tire light came on many times. Had that fixed fuel pump went bad had that fixed, gas tank leaked, had that fixed. Pass air bag had to be fixed. Front dash came loose had that fixed. Gas mileage always around 26mpg. other then that all is well."

Great Value

By on Thursday, October 25, 2007

"We had been looking for a new vehicle and test drove the Honda Fit, Toyota Matrix, and Nissan Versa. The Nissan definitely won us. We have a Nissan Pathfinder with over 300k miles and it hasn't been in the shop yet! I'm hoping I get the same reliability from the versa. The front seats are a little uncomfortable for long trips if your tall. But overall it's a great car with an upgraded feel without the upgraded price. I get on average 31 mpg. Being in the south I always have my ac on. Not sure why others are having such low mpg. I sit in bumper to bumper traffic everyday but I don't have a lead foot attitude so maybe that's why. Love my Versa and will be purchasing one for my son."

Amazing package..

By on Tuesday, August 28, 2007

"The Nissan Versa is amazing handling, great styling, quality interior, adequate performance, and awesome space. It's a joy to drive, and cheap to fill up. The drive-by-wire throttle reacts to your requests for sudden power, and the electronic power steering keeps you glued to the road on the curviest roads. The brakes are great too. And it's got more rear legroom than the Nissan Maxima (true fact). In all, I couldn't be more satisfied with a new car. I've had it 4 months and already got 6K miles on it. I test-drove a bunch of Hondas, Toyotas, Scions.. Walked into a Nissan showroom, sat in the rear seat and was sold on it."

Incredible car for the money!

By on Saturday, September 10, 2016

Pros: "Performance / Mileage / Comfort and convenience."

Cons: "Shifts alot on hills and passing situations."

"My Mom bought this car..and, being used to large SUV's; didn't like it. I needed something practical for work and family use. Usually have a pickup truck; but surprisingly; this little car works just as well for my purposes. Incredible amount of room inside.(especially with rear seat down). Quiet, comfortable, AMAZING gas mileage. Great visibility. Quality workmanship and materials everywhere. This car has seen SEVERE abuse from day 1. (former urban rental unit). Drives like new. No sqeaks, rattles, issues. Typical Nissan, which is to say; rugged, reliable, and fun to drive. What's not to like? The steering wheel sits kind of high.(adjusts..but not much). Minimal gauges. (typical for economy cars.) Otherwise..FANTASTIC car for little money."

Great Car for the money

By on Saturday, June 23, 2012

Pros: "fun to drive especally in the mtns, great hwy mpg"

"I bought my 2008 Nissan Versa SL brand new in 2007 for $17000, I've have put 106000 miles on her in the 5 years I've owned her and has been a great joy. Avg. mpg for the lifetime of car is 33.6 mpg. I look forward to driving my Versa everyday."

Love my Versa!

By on Tuesday, February 7, 2012

Pros: "Gas mileage, economical, great entry level car."

Cons: "The interior could look a little nicer."

2010 Nissan Versa Hatchback

"Bought my 2010 Nissan Versa with 9 miles on it when I was 20 yrs old (no co-signer). I have taken it on several trips to Las Vegas and have also gone to California. It is an overall great vehicle. I am happy with my purchase. I will stick with Nissan's from here on out I am so pleased with my Versa hatchback. It is very spacious and the drive is very smoothe. While driving to Vegas I have gone 90 mph for a long amount of time and the car drives like you are only going 60 mph. I love the Versa!"

2010 Nissan Versa Hatchback

Surprised by quality, unexpected design features

By on Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Pros: "Quality construction, quiet and smooth ride"

Cons: "Only one entry point with a key--the driver's door"

"Bought this car mostly for its low price and Consumer Reports Magazine's recommending it--but in the one year's time I've owned it have come to love it for much more than its low price. It's been reliable, fun to drive, versatile in its day-to-day ability to transport large items, and gotten decent gas mileage. Was also surprised by all the nice little design features that were unexpected at this price point, and are appreciated. The car is much more refined than I would ever have expected for what I paid. My only complaints are fairly minor--I really dislike the fact you have only one point of entry with a key--the driver's door. If you're loading groceries in the hatch you have to manually unlock the driver's door first because there is no key entry to the hatch directly, for example. Same if you're loading a passenger on the passenger door side--you have to go around to the other side, unlock the driver's door and lean over the seats to manually open the passenger door from the inside first to allow entry to the passenger door and seat. This is a pain, and easily my most disliked feature of the car. Also, gas mileage is decent but not as good as you would expect from a car this size. I get about 26 to 28 mpg in mixed highway/city driving overall, and have for the entire year I've owned the car. But I would easily recommend the car overall--the plusses definitely outweigh the negatives."

great vehicle for the most part

By on Monday, November 28, 2011

"i have a 07 nissan versa and up intill 100,000 miles it ran great. gradually the trasmission goes out. it will start slippin eventually enough untill you can be in the middle of traffic and it go sompletely out and will not go anywhere. i recomend that if you have one over 100,000 or close to it trade it in or sell it."

Very Good Quality

By on Wednesday, November 23, 2011

"I have never had a problem with this car. I tell everyone that if I had to do it all over again, I would buy the same car. You would be a fool not to own one! Havent found any flaws yet and I have owned it for 3 years. Rhere is one oxy-moron about the car and that is the push button over-drive, which if you are not careful or paying attention you could bump it and activate it. One other flaw is the seat design. The 2 front bucket seats don't have an arm rest so at times it becomes uncomfortable."

Great little car with lots of room

By on Wednesday, October 26, 2011

"Bought this car in May of 2009. Great little car with a lot of room for cargo. I was able to fit in 4 large kitchen chairs and a baby swing! Imagine that. I am a real estate agent and have no problem fitting my clients who have told me they couldnt believe how comfortable and roomy the back seats were. I love the control it has and living in NY, the last 2 winters with this car have been a pleasure. I have recommended this car to several of my clients and friends who are looking for a good commuter car. Easy and fun to drive!"

i bought this car with 24 k 5 months ago...

By on Monday, September 5, 2011

"this car is at 50 k now she drove wonderfully through the mountains of colorado the desserts of mexico the fast through the flat and boring Kansas.. i love my baby!!"

best buy

By on Monday, February 22, 2010

"Got stripped 2009 base sedan for $8350, put in OEM 6cd radio off ebay for $80. Three tanks of gas at 35 mpg consistent in maine winter. Too early to tell on reliability. First small car that fits the three, 6 foot 3 inch passengers in our family with plenty of leg/head room. Big opening doors easy in and out without banging head. Would probably get better mileage with higher gear ratio or 6th speed, but don't have to down shift going up hills even with full load. Annoying not to have remote trunk release, remote side mirror adjustment."

09 Nissan Versa

By on Tuesday, July 14, 2009

"I bought my Versa almost a year ago and I loved it! I have to say that my daughter and I were involed in an accident Sunday and my little Versa was totalled and I have to say everyone is saying how well it held up for being such a small car. Not that you want to crash but if you do please feel safe in this small car. We are buying another one as soon as the insurance is done."

Great for the price

By on Monday, February 16, 2009

"We have the sl hatchback. We love the way we can park and get around in it. It is easy to get into and out of. My wife and I are seventy, so that helps. We only get about thirty miles per gallon on gas with the ctv transmission. The center arm rest is useless because it is too low and not far enough forward. This is a minor gripe, I know, but with just a few small changes they could have made it so much more comfortable. We have 25,000 miles on it and it has been trouble free. We havn't had it back to the shop for anything except oil changes. We have driven it for about 350 miles one way a few times and were comfortable in it. It rides better than some big cars. It is a great car for the money. I only wish they made a station wagon. With another foot of length and another few inches wheelbase it would be perfect."

By on Monday, December 8, 2008

"Great car for the price. I have the SL hatchback with all the bells and whistles. I get about 27mpg city. I had a leak in the sun roof when I first bought it and recently needed to have the fuel pump regulator replaced which is known to go bad in these cars. Other than that it is a great little car. Has been on many road trips and does great. It is super comfortable. My husband has a civic and if I spend more than 2 hours in it my legs go numb. No problems in my versa. I do have to say tinting the windows adds a sporty touch. Interior is sturdy, and has a lot of space for cargo. Is"

A Great Car

By on Friday, May 30, 2008

"This "little car" has more leg and head room than most mid-size cars - and even some large cars. I can haul two mt bikes INSIDE with the back seats down, carry 4 full size adults in comfort, or a really big haul of any kind of stuff. Even at 70-75 mph on the freeway, it consistently pulls 30 mpg. If you slow it down to 55 on rural highways, it actually gets the 33 mpg estimate on the window sticker."

Good bang for the buck!

By on Wednesday, December 26, 2007

"I used to have a Ram 2500 4x4 diesel that was eating me alive in fuel, maintenance/repair, and insurance costs. I had to trade it in for something more economical. After looking at all the vehicles in this segment, I settled on the 2008 Versa SL HB; for the available options, it provided the most bang for the buck. However, at 6' 4" in height, it's very difficult for me to find an import vehicle that I will fit in comfortably. While the Versa has tremendous overall interior room, people over 6' tall will find things a little ... tight. My right knee is constantly hitting the lower corner of the center console (not fun/good), and the cup holder placement is very poorly thought out. I've almost knocked drinks out of the holder with my knee! Also, the 6-speed manual is notchy, though it is smoothing out the longer I have the car. I definitely do not like the way reverse is set up. I often go a little too far to the side while going from 6th to 1st, mostly because I'm used to either a complete lock-out (like older BMW manuals) or a 5-speed, but I then have trouble getting it into 1st. However, aside from these personal quibbles, the vehicle is economical, and so far, worry free. If you're looking for an economical vehicle that is affordable, even with most of the bells and whistles that are available, then look into the Versa!"

First foriegn car

By on Sunday, April 6, 2014

Pros: "handles great, fun to drive in the country"

Cons: "windows weren't child proof"

"I usually buy American made but my son took me for a drive in his car and it was a smooth ride. I can put my scooter in the back and it's easy to get it in and out because of the size of the compartment behind the back seats, the hatchback makes it so easy. I get great miliage sometimes as much as 340 miles a tank, depending on where I'm driving and if it's on the thruway, country roads, or city driving. The only thing I didn't like was the windows were child proof and my dog rolled the window down and jumped out at a red light, lol, thank heaven the car wasn't moving. It's a good car and because it is I'm not sure what I want to buy next."

one word best describes this car-"adequate "

By on Sunday, March 23, 2014

Pros: "economy..reliabilty..low cost"

Cons: "no arm rest, minor cosmetic problems"

"Good solid car. Get 30 MPG on regular basis.clunking or knocking in front steering since new, dealer could not fix. Gets blown around on highway on windy days.Never broke down, only needed battery (40k) and tire pressure sensors at 65K. Good value if basic transportation is your goal."

Great little car!

By on Monday, October 14, 2013

Pros: "Great price and performance."

"I have had this car for 2 yrs and have had 0 problems. Gas mileage ave is 24 mpg. I will buy another when the time comes."

Lots of Head Room

By on Monday, July 15, 2013

Pros: "Lots of passenger room."

Cons: "Some minor fit / finish weaknesses."

"We are tall in our family. One 6' 1", one 6'4", one 6' 5" & one 5'&7". Even the tallest of us can sit comfortably in the Versa. Even in the back. Without our heads touching the headliner. Good legroom too. Front seat does not have to move up to give rear legroom. Every car should have this much room. Back seat is a bit tight width-wise when you put three adults in back. But for a compact what can one expect."