2010 Nissan Versa

8.4

Based on 519 Ratings for the 2007 - 2011 models.

practical and reliable transportation

By on Tuesday, January 26, 2016

Pros: "great ride and very reliable"

Cons: "little engine noise"

"I had this vehicle with 12000k second owner. very sharp and reliable now has 70000 miles engine is 1.8 Liter, gas consumption is about 30-32 miles/gallon. comfortable ride very powerful and responsive for a small car. It has good head and foot room and comfortably rides 4."

I cried when I had to trade it for a bigger car

By on Friday, November 1, 2013

Pros: "roomy, fuel efficient, peppy"

Cons: "arm rest too short"

My Baby! The best car I ever owned.

"My Versa was an SL model, which I bought new in 2007. I test drove it b/c it had the largest interior space as any car in its class-- and I did sit in every one to compare cabin space. The Vera was by far the roomiest. It also was the most gas efficient vehicle at that time that could store a full-sized real estate sign in the hatchback with out a lot of gyration(including the Prius). What sold me was the Continuous Variable Transmission. I thought that this little 4 cyclinder vehicle would never give me the pep and confidence of my previous 6 cyl cars- I was wrong. The CVT (and whatever else they put in there)gives you so much power over reg 4 cyl vehicle. I was shocked. Second nice surprise, feeling the shift is almost non-existent. Great pick-up, and with the size of the Versa, I was able to zip around the highway so freely that I received the only 2 speeding tickets I ever got in my life during the first 2 years of ownership. I had to learn to hold that puppy back! I was pleasantly surprised, too, with the all the features and extras I got with my vehicle. My friend bought the Toyota "peer" in the same month. My Versa was more comfortable, had a smoother ride and had way more options and features as her Toyota at the same price. For the first 4 years, I rode it hard: over 22,000 miles/ year. Over recent the recent 3 years, it has carried me from VA to CA, and to Canada and back- twice. It has been virtually trouble-free: just brakes (once), tires (twice) and recently, the CVT transmission went out (at 105K miles) and Nissan replaced it at $0 cost to me. One other thing I had fixed recently was a wire in the steering wheel that got twisted, taking out the audio controls on the left side of the steering wheel-- a convenience item. I could not have been more thrilled with this vehicle. I think it get ignored or under-rated. I cried when I had to trade-up to a larger vehicle. Guess what I bought? A Nissan. -from a former Chrysler/Chevy/Oldsmobile/Ford/Honda owner"

My Baby! The best car I ever owned.

Good for the money

By on Friday, March 12, 2010

"I have owned this car for a little over 2 years now. It is very reliable and I love my Versa. I absolutely love the style of it. The few problems I have with my car is that mine didn't come with a pop trunk option so I have to get out to open it instead of just popping it. And the lights don't come on automatically. Very silly stuff not to be happy about I guess. There is also one other issue... after about a year and a half I guess... my car started making this little clicking type noise. I took it in and they said one of my motor mounts was broken. They replaced that and the noise was still there so I took it back. They inspected it and said that all of the versas make that noise, it is just some kind of pump in the car. I told them it didn't used to make that noise and they said they all do eventually make that noise. Now.... they could have been lying but they all might do that, I don't know. Other than that, my car has been great. As long as you get your checkups and oil changes everything then you should be good. The cup holders are in a little bit of awkward places but I've gotten used to it. Hope this helps!"

Great Little CAr

By on Tuesday, May 19, 2009

"I bought this car back in 2007 when our family was growing by one more. We had a 97 Saturn and it was impossible to fit two baby seats in the back of my old Saturn. I bought this car after reading about it from European magazines. The car is great. Had a bit of a problem with a gas line but it was handled quickly by the dealer. I have gone on road trips and I have found the space more then adequate. Just slap a roof rack and you are good to go. The one thing I was a bit dissapointed was the lack of an all wheel ABS in the SL line at the time of my purchase. Other then that, the car is a true winner."

Pretty good car

By on Monday, April 6, 2009

"This is pretty zippy car. I wanted to add my review after driving it in the winter. Although it's a cute car and usually fairly comfortable, it's not the best cold weather condition car --at least if you do not have a garage. I didn't have a problem with the driving and manuevering, but it takes a long time for windows to defrost, and I've never had so much ice collect on the wipers while driving. It's a great car, but if you live in a non-temperate area and you can afford a car more suited for winter, I'd suggest considering a different car. Price is great though!"

to small for comfort

By on Sunday, March 22, 2009

"i am 6'3" anad get cramps when on long trips.It has been in shop for electricla problems 4 times in less than year and took 3 dealers to find problem.It really bogs down on hills and mileage nowhere near est mileage.I bought this car because of financing problem but will never buy Nissan again.To expensive and get the shaft on promised and written options"

Love this car!

By on Monday, September 8, 2008

"This is really the perfect economy car. I really didn't even consider buying the Versa until I sat in the back seat. The leg room can't be beat for a car this size. On a recent trip (7+ hours of highway driving each way and a hatch full of stuff), I kicked on the cruise control and got an average of 35mpg. The car is both cute and comfortable, though I did regret not getting the SL (no armrest on the S!). Overall, a good buy, though. An inexpensive car that doesn't feel cheap."

great little car

By on Tuesday, June 3, 2008

"I TRADED IN MY CHRYSLER PACIFICA ON THIS LITTLE GUY ,& I RETIRED AT THE SAME TIME, WITH GAS AT $4.00 + PER GALLON ITHOUGHT IT A GOODCHOISEOFCOURSE WE STILL HAVE ANOTHER FULL SIZE VAN, THE VERSA GETS 30MPG INTOWN NO MATTER HOW I DRIVE IT & ON TWO RECENT ROAD TRIPS @ 75MPH IAVERAGED 37.5 MPG ALSO IT WAS QUITE COMFORTABILE & NOT MUCH WIND NOISE THE CVT TRANS IS GREAT"

Versa great for the money

By on Saturday, November 3, 2007

"There are many cars out there these days to choose from but the Versa has some options that others do not for a car in its price range. What about the dash vinyl I read where it was engineered to resist fading in FLORIDA ; pretty impressive. Mileage, all of the manufacturers tout this and that but overall it sure does a pretty good job at mileage I would say at least 32 is what I am getting. I have a no frills model ; the way I like it. I had an issue with the A/C because of a sensor dealer was a pain on that one but did get it fixed. The hubcaps I have were defective and they replaced them all ; WAY COOL. Lets be real there are other manufacturers offering 100000 mile warranties ; the real deal is getting it !!! LOL !! Its like an HMO !! The Nissan Versa has an engine thats been around 4EVER and it has a timing chain and not a belt ; THINK ABOUT IT ! Anyways great little car for the money ; cant be beat. Comfortable l, in fact on a recent vacation I spent the night sleepin in the seat because it was better than the bed at Holiday INN. Toyota and Civic seats are like bricks. Later"

Few Problems

By on Friday, October 26, 2007

"Had a few problems with my Versa. Tire light came on many times. Had that fixed fuel pump went bad had that fixed, gas tank leaked, had that fixed. Pass air bag had to be fixed. Front dash came loose had that fixed. Gas mileage always around 26mpg. other then that all is well."