2008 Nissan Versa

8.4

Based on 516 Ratings for the 2007 - 2011 models.

Great value very comfortable, minor issue when icy

By on Tuesday, February 10, 2009

"When i test drove this, the first thing i realized is that it felt more expensive than all the other cars in its price class- the seats were FAR more comfortable, it is quieter (less road noise) and the quality of the mechanics makes for a smooth and more powerful feeling drive than others in its price class. Also, my husband is 6'2" and the nissans in general have far more head room than the the competitors for tall people. It also has a suprising amount of leg room in both front and back seats considering how small it looks on the outside. I have taken it between Massachusetts and South Carolina and is comfortable for long trips. The trunk space is sufficient for large grocery trips, but not so big that I am tempted to leave random clutter back there - forces me to organize. The hatchback feature allows large items to be fit with ease, fit the boxes of a desk, hutch, and office chair (before assembly), groceries and 2 people with ease. I love the CVT transmission! No more worries about struggling to change gears. The only complaints I have is that access to the gas cap is through a swtich that, when icy outside, requires two people to use: one to pull the switch near the steering wheel and one to push the gas door open on the opposite side. However this is only when it is icy. It is also not streamlined enough to be quiet when the windows are open, however i did not expect this in a car in this price range. My other complaint is that the hatchback was not available in interesting colors like orange. I prefer earth colors and was reduced to metallic color choices. Overall though, great car very comfortable, reliable and feels like great quality. Love that my tall husband fits comfortably."

Good vehicle

By on Wednesday, April 9, 2008

"I have only had this car for a couple weeks, so mileage has been questionable -- 36 mph (some freeway) and 26 mph (city/highway). Pros: Seats seem to be nice for an inexpensive car, and the price was a good deal. I haven't driven on too many mountainous roads, so the pick up and go seems great to me (zippy). Power mirrors. Back seat area seems roomy. I had a Saturn, and this car is much higher. Safety seems pretty good, and it offers the side curtain. Cons: So called optional floormats and kickplate. Poorly placed cupholders. Not a lot storage space, and it's not really easy to haul a lot of things as the seats aren't flat when folded. It's also inconvenient as you can only open the hatch when the driver's door is unlocked, and there isn't a secondary way to open it (i.e. key option). I would suggest purchasing the power package. My co-worker is on her second Versa as the first was totaled (she felt completely safe and secure, though); she loved the 1st one, and she really loves the 2nd one with ... CVT?"

saves me money

By on Friday, November 16, 2007

"I am 6'8" and drive 100 miles a day to wook i need a car that i could fit in a nd get good gas mileage. I fit and right now i am averaging 32 miles to the gallon. A 14 miles per gallon more then my previous mini van"

Great Hatchback

By on Monday, October 15, 2007

"I love the comfort of my 2007 Versa SL. The CVT tranny is awesome when it comes to pickup speed to enter traffic. It is also smooth and quite. It handles well on curses as I did 60 on a 45mph curve. The car hugged it nicely and effortlessly. The interior quality surprised me in a good way. The roomyness inside is great, front and back. Blue tooth and 6 CD changer are nice options that I use all the time. I test drove the Honda Fit Sport and Toyota Yaris and the Versa won over hands down. I recommend the Versa over any hatchback in it's class."

nice small car

By on Thursday, October 13, 2016

"I've owned this car for two months and enjoy it so far. Gets good fuel mileage and has plenty of leg room. Seats are comfortable."