2010 Nissan Titan King Cab

Based on 205 Ratings for the 2004 - 2015 models.

Best truck for the money

By on Thursday, September 6, 2007

"Highly recomend. I have a 1st year 04 LE with Off road package. And yes I too had the rear end failure and brake problems but all were quickly fixed at the dealer with replacemt parts that fixed the root cause not just the same parts that failed. Gas mileage is definatly understated but a K&N airfilter helped more than I expected (2+MPG). Still the best truck I have ever owned and I plan on driving till the wheels fall off!"

GOOD NOW

By on Wednesday, August 8, 2007

"Brakes have been the biggest trouble spot. too small for this big of a truck. Had the Rear End replaced. burned up.(13000miles) Replaced the front end (entire hub assembly) bearings. 27000miles. I think all the bugs are out now. all hi-way and don't have a heavy foot. Should have waited a couple years instead of buying first year production but the 05 rear and 06 front drive terrian in my 04 seem to be ok now."

Very nice vehicle

By on Friday, July 20, 2007

"Bought the lower end 2004 in early Nov 04. Roomy, rides nicely at highway speeds, and is comfortable. Get about 18.5 at 75-80 mph when conditions are right but only about 13.5 city or winter city driving. Only issue I have is the bed, which is like tin foil, it is so thin. Forces one to think about a bed liner. Problems have been leaky hoses or connections in right front, always corrected easily, and the fact that squirrels can get to the fan assembly and store acorns, which makes a racket when the heater or AC is run at full blast. I like the truck and will be looking at a newer model. Like the extended version because you can put an ATV in the rear and still shut the tail gate, which could not be done in the crew models. However, the latter are so much more loaded with goodies it could be worth the extra 6K or so."

By on Tuesday, July 10, 2007

"Love this truck, it is an awesome combination of everything I wanted: value, comfort, design, and power! For the price, you can't beat it. I'm so glad I didn't buy a domestic."

By on Monday, July 9, 2007

"Awesome truck! could have a bigger payload is my only complaint."

By on Friday, July 6, 2007

"This truck is so nice and well designed you hardly know it is a truck. Plenty of power and traction control are a plus. A little rough on gas 14 city and 16 highway."

Nice Truck

By on Monday, May 28, 2007

"The Titan is great in many aspects. It drives like a car, but you are well perched on the drivers seat. Nice captains chairs and cruise control make it handle like a town car and are very nice for those long trips. You punch the gas and the thing really goes, plenty of power here. The brakes are second to none for safety purposes this is good for a hefty truck. Nice dash and the cluster is great and easy to read. Plenty of storage space with the glove box, and deep center console (DEEP). Plenty of cup holders and over head storage also make this a nice ride. Very roomy backseat maybe a little more than the 07 Silverado which was one of the other trucks i was considering buying along with Ford's F-150. But based upon pure value, horsepower, torque, room, standard options you can't beat the Titan. Hands down winner. Test it out, take some turns with it and take it on the highway before you buy. If you want a good litmus test then drive a two year old model of the truck you want to buy, I did (Silverado, and F-150) and then drove the new models, the Titan one drove like new whereas the others felt slightly sluggish and the steering was a littly less crisp. Thats what sold it for me, not to mention the service I received at the dealership. Buy it!"

Great Truck for All Seasons

By on Monday, October 29, 2007

"I cannot praise this vehicle enough! It has never had any reliability issues, and it ia s powerful truck that can do anything required of a truck in its class. My Titan has a great towing package with huge outside mirrors. The bed set-up has all kinds of accoutrements that make hauling safe & easy. The factory-installed bedliner is a real boon, and I highly recommend its cool tailgate that lowers itself slowly & is removable / lockable. I think it is the best looking truck around & get lots of compliments on it. It has comfortable ride & works great in 4WD when the weather &/or terrain requires. The only drawbacks that I have encountered are: 1. The A/C is a little slow to cool the cab down when it's really hot on those deadly humid Virginia summer days that hover around the 100 degree mark. That said, once you get rolling, it can freeze you out & the vents provide excellent cooling wherever you want to point them. 2. The oversiaed outside mirros would be better if they were self-dimming. They can be blinding at night in heavy highway traffic - the awful I-95 crushing commute). I feel extra safe in this truck & enjoy it more than any vehicle I've ever owned. I've owned Chevy CK 1500; Toyota Tacoma, Tundra, & Sequoia; Dodge Caravan; Jeep Liberty - liked them alll, but prefer the Titan. Admittedly, I'm a misplaced Texan & was raised to treat my vehicle like its my horse. My Titan is a lovable but powerful ride & I am very happy to own this fine "beauty & the beast" - all in one action-packed package."

Excellent truck for the value

By on Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Pros: "Excellent build quality and extremly safe vehicle to drive."

Cons: "none that I can think of"

"Bought this truck in July of 2010, one year after my wife and I rolled our 2005 Titan in Feb. of '09. Our '05 Titan was wonderful and litterally saved both our lives during the roll over crash. We both walked away from the crash, my wife had a small cut on her hand and I didn't get a scatch. The truck was totaled but was excellent up to the crash with 132000 miles on her (no rattles/shakes etc.) We ended up buying a new 2010 Pro4X Titan a year later and now have 25,000 miles on her and this truck is just as good if not better than the '05 was. We average 16 to 18MPG on the highway (deepends on how hard we drive the truck). Not bad for a full size crew cab 4X4. All in all the Titan is one outstanding truck."

2005 King Cab SE 4x4 Off-road & Big Tow pkg

By on Sunday, August 15, 2010

"I bought my Titan brand new 3/05 for just under $32k tax/tag/title. I've had it for over 5 years now, and it is just about to turn 180,000 miles! I guess I drive alot. Made numerous long trips with it (NY to FL 3 times, plus many others), and I tow my motocross bikes and 4 wheelers on my trailer for 7 months out of the year. I change the oil religiously every 3k miles, and do all the maintenance/repairs myself (except what was warranty). Issues I had while under warranty were: Check engine light for the EVAP Vent solenoid, rear diff failure at 61,000 miles, front diff seal minor leak, brake shudder 3 times (replaced or turned rotors/pads), 1 broken rear spring shackle, rattling in rear doors. All of these issues were fixed by the dealer, even the rear diff (they replaced the entire rear axle under warranty). The rear shackle was my fault - I seriously overloaded the truck and then went off-road with it, which broke the shackle. Still covered by the dealer though. Repairs I have done myself beside normal maintenance items: both front hubs (left @ 112k, right @ 168k), all driveshaft u-joints @ 75k (didn't need rears, but did them anyway), ECM power relay @120k, transmission cooler hose @ 140k, front rotors & pads @ 165k, front calipers @ 177k, EVAP solenoid again @ 155k, new all-aluminum Stillen radiator at 147k (only $400, over $200 less than stock plastic one!) and coolant exchange at same time, and repaired exhaust near muffler where tailpipe meets muffler outlet (I welded in a new section of pipe), and serp belt tensioner (more preventive measure as opposed to a failure), and rad cap. Normal maintenance I have done: spark plugs every 75k (twice now), air filters as needed (twice so far), front diff and T-case fluid exchange @ 150k, trans fluid exchange @ 160k, alignments twice, 4 sets of tires (the OEM BFG's don't last, switched to Toyo AT's and get twice the mileage), rear diff fluid every 30-40k since new rear axle, 1 foglamp bulb and 2 tailgate lamp bulbs, 2 serpentine belts. Repairs that I need to do soon are: right side exhaust manifold gasket leaks slightly, rear rotors soon (warped) and pads, replace rear diff bearings and axle bearings/seals (getting noisy, seals leaking), Serp belt again (starting to squeak slightly on initial start-up), a rear parking aid sensor, and parking brake shoes (barely holds due to oil from leaking seals). I will do all this work myself, and I always try to upgrade components whenever possible with aftermarket high-performance parts. I put waterproof seat covers and floor mats in within the first few weeks of ownership, so the interior is in great shape. The truck drives, runs, shifts, handles, etc. almost as good as it did when new - seriously, if you drove it you'd never believe that it has 180k on it. Worst MPG has been 10 (towing 5k on trailer @75+mph), best was 17 (unloaded, 75+mph), and I average about 14.5 in the summer, 12-13 in the winter w/3-5 min warm-up and 4wd use. Not too bad IMHO, but could be a bit better. I drive it more like it's a 370z than a truck though, so I *could* do better I'm sure. Considering that I don't abuse the truck, yet don't baby it, I think it has been a very good truck. My biggest issues are that the paint chips easily and the interior plastic scrathes easily. The rear-end failures were common early on, but were corrected by '07. Frequent rear diff oil changes would have helped (I never changed the oil in the first diff). The engine and transmission are outclassed only by the new Tundra, and then just barely. Compared to the domestics, it kills 'em. Handlinf and capabilites are great, though now for 2011 it is outclassed by everyone else (on paper at least). I plan to keep mine for a few nore years, maybe longer. BUT, If I was in the market for a new 1/2 ton truck, I'd consider only the Titan and the Tundra, and my descision would be based on 2 factors: 1) price, and 2) test drive of the Tundra. If the test drive was good, then I would buy the Tundra ONLY if the price was within $1k of a comparable Titan - more than that and I'd just get another Titan - the truck is just about as capable in reality, if not on paper. I'm holding out for a 3/4 or 1-ton version of the Titan, or an updated Gen2 Titan (due in 2014 supposedly). I plan to buy a 5th wheel camper, so I will need at least a 3/4 ton by then. I hope that this review helps you - but don't take just my word for it - do ALOT of research first, then test drive the trucks you think you want. Truct me, every truck has had it's share of issues (the Tundra had driveshaft and engine camshaft issues shortly after released in '07). I'm very happy with my Titan - I 100% believe that it was the best choice in 2005 when I made my purchase."

Like life- Titan's are good and bad

By on Monday, June 21, 2010

"What got me to buy it was the way it looked and the performance- not only blistering fast but nice road manners, quiet cabin, good handling. it also is loaded with a lot of well thought out stuff, from the center console to the bed track attachment system. It is an SE and has the tow and off-road packages, leather, all the airbags and the great Rockford Fosgate sound system. I run Toyo Open Country AT tires which have given me almost 40k mi and are a great match for the truck- but not cheap. They're good in snow too, here in MN. I use it to tow a 4-place snowmobile trailer in winter, an ATV trailer in summer or our tent trailer. For work i've towed an 8,800lb trailer frequently in the past and now tow a 3,500lb. It tows well at our lower altitudes and didn't struggle when we were in the Bighorns with our tent trailer+ load- but does with a big load of sleds. Now for the negative things (and remember this was the first year of production) it had the front brakes re-done 2x's (warped rotors) at the dealer before they finally did the recall and it got new calipers and rotors, I paid for only the second time. At 3 months the left side window fell off the track into the door- dealer fixed it immediately but for the last 5 years sounds like its going to stop anytime. They replaced the seat covers on the drivers side because the dye faded/ came off in a weird pattern. Then the seat bottom cover split around the seat control- they "fixed" it w/o replacing it and it's open again. Then at 73k it had the right side exhaust manifold crack- out of warranty, but the dealer squeaked it in somehow. Not long after the front differential went out. I got a discount on the labor and parts because it was just days after the manifold but it was still $2,700. Then the transmission cooler got a leak in it and since it's inside the bottom tank of the radiator it pumped tranny fluid into the engine block (no big deal) and coolant into the tranny (big deal) for how many miles I don't know, that was $1,540. It got a new radiator (the trans cooler is built in) and they flushed out the transmission but it was badly serviced that time and lost all it's fluid 8 miles away from the dealership. It showed a "service engine" light at the same time and I had to replace both O2 sensors for the engine management system+ reprogramming, $822. Now it needs the left side manifold, another $1,400- no warranty this time. If it wasn't for my dealer and service manager I would have walked away a long time ago. And now I think the transmission is an expensive timebomb waiting to go off. It has 78K miles now. Still has a quality ride and feel to it but I have less confidence in it now- a lot less."

Solid Truck for the money

By on Monday, September 24, 2007

"I purchased my Titan in July of 2005. It now has 60K miles on it. To date I have had no mechanical issues other than the brake recall. I drive it hard and it begs for more. I also use it to tow a 9300 lb trailer in the mountains, which it handles very well for a half ton. Strengths: Well matched engine and transmission Sporty feel compared to a GM product No squeaks or rattles at 60K Weaknesses: Interior seat cloth is not great quality, buy seat covers Rear springs are not adequate for tow rating on the vehicle, I added airbags and a weight distribution hitch Gas mileage isn't fantastic at 14 city, 17 highway, but I have a heavy foot and it is a truck Resale value is not what I expected, probably due to gas prices. I'm about $6K upside down to trade in value currently, I figured after 2 years I'd be negative about $2K. For 2005 the Titan was the best 1/2 ton available. For 2008 I think the new Tundra is a bit better because of the increased power and 6 speed transmission."

Good deal

By on Sunday, September 23, 2007

"Reliable tough truck that blows away the competition for the money. LP was 35K, got it for $29K. Comparably equipped Tundra priced at $40K with less off. Gas mileage is good, 18MPG on the highway with a tonneau cover. Have spent $0 on repairs since purchase. Two thumbs way up!"

strength style reliable

By on Sunday, August 30, 2009

"Owned 5 years, tow horses, hay, etc. Reliable, no repairs other than regular maintenance and tires. V8 shell/cap, off-road pkg - excellent in deep snow, mountains, all purpose. King cab back seats sometimes not the roomiest but passengers say seats are comfortable."

The Titan is a great pick up truck

By on Friday, April 12, 2013

Pros: "Great truck, comfortable ride, very reliable"

Cons: "poor gas mileage, lousy Good Year stock tires"

"I have about 36,000 on my 2010 King Cab SE model. It has never given me any issues, is still as tight as a drum and still drives like the day I drove it home. It works great in the snow and always feels sure footed. I love the growl the exhaust makes when you step on it. I have the Texas Titan package so I have chrome wheels, the billet grille and chrome everything. I have people comment on it all the time. It is nice to drive something besides the typical F 150 or Silverado that everyone else on the road has. The standard Good Year Wranglers were good tires, but wore out at 30,000 miles. I do not drive hard enough to justify them wearing out so early. Aside of that, I have no complaints about my Titan. I have driven it 800 miles to friends and it is very comfortable to spend time in. I wish it got better mileage, but knew going in it was going to guzzle gas. I was able to get almost $7,500 off the sticker! My truck stickered at $33,300 and I paid $25,600! You can get a great deal on this truck between rebates and haggeling. They don't sell alot, so you can get a great deal. Don't dismiss teh Titan over the others, you will be surprised as to what you will get for a really capable truck that tows well, drives well, and offers plenty of room for a great deal."

Solid long term truck with plenty of power.

By on Sunday, February 17, 2013

"I bought this truck two years ago because I needed a vehicle to tow a trailer and haul lumber for various projects. I mainly bought this truck because it met my requirements for features, and was low cost compared to others. Still, I was apprehensive about the truck's reliability. In the past 2 years I have driven the truck all over the southeast with no mechanical problems at all. The engine runs smooth, transmission shifts smooth, the wheels have remained in alignment and brakes required no maintenance other than a new set of pads. I keep up with all regular maintenance, performing most of it myself- which is relatively easy compared to other imports I've dealt with. Pros: Plenty of v8 power - no problem hauling a load of lumber or towing a boat No mechanical problems in two years Wheels stay in alignment, eliminating unnecessary tire wear Solid feeling drive in all conditions with very responsive handling Sound system is high quality and sounds great Cons Doors rattle some when off road (not sure if its unique to me) Manual windows (?? Is this the 80s?) By all counts, this is a great truck. My only complaints are really cosmetic when compared to the reliability factor."

Very complete pickup, except for interior design.

By on Monday, November 21, 2011

"Extremely comforatable pickup, enjoy driving it ever time I get into it. Just wish the interior had a cleaner design. And for anyone that doesn't know. If you press the unlock twice and hold the button on the remote. This will roll down your windows."

Owned 2.5 Years

By on Thursday, March 10, 2011

"I purchased this truck 2.5 years ago as an off lease, only hesitated due to high mileage (68K) Since then I have put 25K miles on it and other then a battery blowing up on me, I have had no issue's with this truck. Brakes were squealing a little and had brakes checked and they said after 90K miles pads still had 75% life left on them, I was shocked. I did have to replace right rear axle seals, then found out there was a recall for them like 2 years after truck was new, so had to pay to fix myself. This truck drive smooth, handles well and has a ton of power for those hills, with tow package I can tow 9500 lbs, never really tested it. To be honest after 2.5 years of driving it and talking to other owners and nissan dealers, this truck is built like a tank and have been told I can expect up towards 250K miles before I might have transmission issues and 300K before possible engine problems. I plan on driving it another 100K miles with no worries. BTW between city and highway I pretty consistently get 19-20 MPG. I live in Prescott Valley Arizona which is basically a highway city."

junk

By on Thursday, July 23, 2009

"bought this truck new with off road package.Mud flaps fell off front and back flaps bent side panels (truck only 3 months old and dealer would not honor there 3 year 36000 mile warranty). Next was heat isues with rear end(2 dealers said nothing wong, luckey I got it in writing) locked up at 36000 miles dealer said it was because of lack of maint. 58000 miles the truck burns 1 1/2 quart of oil every 1000 miles (dealer would not fix claimed I didnt maintain to there specs. I used AMSOIL and changed oil to there service charts. IN short I loved the truck untill I had to deal with Nissan service departments."

GREAT TRUCK

By on Monday, April 16, 2007

"I love my Titan. It's the greatest truck ever. Like driving a luxury car! With the benefit of it being a truck"

My favorite Nissan to date

By on Wednesday, February 24, 2010

"I bought my truck in 2004 and I've had absolutely no problems with it. The gas miliage is the only drawback, but I knew what I was getting going in."

Great Truck with an*

By on Monday, January 16, 2012

Pros: "Looks, performance, car comfort in a truck"

Cons: "Interior fit"

"*I've owned my Titan for 6 years now and while it's never let me down, there are a few things Nissan could address. 1. The A/C fan motors in the dash, the seem to come apart"

By on Tuesday, June 23, 2015

"We have owned this truck for 11 years. It has been dependable, sporty, strong, and reliable. Gas mileage is its only issue. The design is such that people never know that it is 11 years old."

What Is NOT To Like About This Truck!

By on Saturday, July 6, 2013

Pros: "A Girl's Dream Come True"

Cons: "Could use another 5mpg"

The Texas Wall Truck

"I've been raised a Ford girl, then learned to love Chevy/GMC. But got a great deal on this Titan so gave it a try. That was 4 years ago! This truck is built like a tank, holds the road no matter the conditions like a nascar. Good ground clearance excellent, comfort and convenience is a plus. Handles anything weight and size that I've thrown at her! Room for improvement? Only the fuel mileage. If they could bump it up 5mpg it would be a perfect truck! Now I will only buy Nissan.This truck rates a 12 on a scale of 1 to 10!"

The Texas Wall Truck

Love this truck!

By on Thursday, November 10, 2011

Pros: "All around awesome."

Cons: "Better have lots of gas money."

"Other than the fact that it guzzles gas, this truck is great! I think I could gert 300K out of it with ease."

Find Deals Near You vehicles for sale matching Nissan Titan King Cab near Honolulu. See local deals